• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

Aquilani and Paletta in the Italian 23. I am not enjoying those two names.

Paletta always looks like a medieval villian to me and should not have his mug representing Italy.

Very solid squad. I have no worries that this team will be able to perform. Potentially the best and most controlled passing team at the world IMO, and if we can get the strikera to play well together then we will go far.

You're more optimist than the 99 % of italians

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Israel scored 4 goals against us.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
A non country scored four on you

Think about that for a second
Aquilani and Paletta in the Italian 23. I am not enjoying those two names.

Paletta always looks like a medieval villian to me and should not have his mug representing Italy.

Very solid squad. I have no worries that this team will be able to perform. Potentially the best and most controlled passing team at the world IMO, and if we can get the strikera to play well together then we will go far.
I don't get why Aquilani is there. I honestly don't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^31 :p. And Beardlo is 35.

-

The day I wear glasses is the day I will off myself

There's no point anymore.

are you going with contacts or glasses? i went with glasses at first--they weren't even the cool kind. i looked like someone who deserved to get beaten up during lunch time.
Glasses I think.

I don't think I will need them for regular use - but they feel really strained sometimes, especially when I'm driving.

Too pussy for contacts. I've never tried a pair on though so if I look like a loser then I may have to consider contacts.

I was told I should wear glasses in front of computers and TVs like two years ago. Still never have used any. I assume I am fucking myself over for the future!

dc89

I'm gonna go through that spreadsheet in a moment and add everyone who I don't already have added.

WiiU is alive!

bud

haha, contacts are really not scary at all. trust me, you're not going to stab yourself in the eye while putting them in or taking 'em out.

You're more optimist than the 99 % of italians

Because World Cups are more about mentality then who actually has the best players. The only two teams who we have an inferiority complex to at the moment is Brazil and Spain. If we reach the knockout rounds and play one of them then it will be a worry. But just like Soain beating us in 08 ended their poor form in international tournaments, hopefully we will reverse it on them.

This squad is also tactically sound and we will be able to match up well against most teams, De Sciglio and Abate need to start when we play counter attacking teams.

The only issue is the heat, but it will be an issue for everyone. Even Brazil couldn't perform in the heat of the final of 94.

The friendly results are always bad, but Prandelli uses what he learns to his advantage. I remember everyone worried before euro 12 when we got smashed by Russia. Tournament started and we outplayed Spain in the first match and got all the way to the final.

bud

Except when the contact slips behind your eyelid. I'd rather die.

i had this happen to me once. i broke the contact because i rubbed it too hard after an itchy feeling. took it out, saw that half of it was missing. could still feel it in my eye, but i couldn't see it. so i went to the doctor, and she practically raped me eye. told me she couldn't find it. she gave me some eye drops which were useless.

the next morning it came out by itself.

this is the only issue i've ever had, though.

Yen

haha, contacts are really not scary at all. trust me, you're not going to stab yourself in the eye while putting them in or taking 'em out.

OR it could get stuck in your eye and a doctor has to retrieve it with a large hook. Never again.

OR it could get stuck in your eye and a doctor has to retrieve it with a large hook. Never again.

5649454015_bfaa82c3b0.jpg

Wooden told me to say it.

Or Hixx.

Can't remember which.

Oh! This is cause I get really angry when people accuse me of lying when I am talking to someone. I just never really notice when I am reading the forum :p I did go mental at Wooden once for calling me a liar. I think I rage quited a fifa game cause of it.

operon

Glasses here to since I was 8. Was no good at contacts, could just about put them in and could never take them out, always had to get the wife to. So now its just glasses

bud

i remember the first time i walked around with contacts in my eyes.

i could see everything. like i had bionic eyes or something. sensational feeling.

Carbonox

I don't have glasses but fear I will need to at some point in the future. Was recommended prescriptions during my last test even though I don't need them for anything. I see fine - long distance and short. Cunts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bacon wears contacts too? I guess no one is perfect. Are you sure it's not your curly hair poking your eyes and blocking your vision?
-24 in my left, -32 in my right (aka that eye is useless)
ok yen u dont have to follow me on twitter if u dont want

Feorax

BpHfC-GIYAALT00.jpg

Oh for fucks sake...

This is going to be a thing again this summer isn't it? Can we not sign players who can stand independently or something?

Marc

My eyes are useless, I figure I will wait until legally blind then get laser eye surgery.

Cheaper when you think how many glasses I would have down in anger watching England by now.

Yen

Here's my specs. Horrendous looking, but hey, I can see. My lens' (in my eyes) are dislocated or something like that - they wobble when my eye moves. Laser surgery (or any other kind) isn't an option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom