• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Welcome back Wooden.
dPrJaGc.png

Marc talking absolutely shit again? What a surprise. Let me first say that Lampard is a obviously a legend at Chelsea and a man that will never be forgotten, he has done fantastic things for the club. But by the time the next season starts he’s 36 years old and he has had a very mediocre season despite actually playing quite a lot. You should not as a club try and hold on to players until their retirement with the reason being they are legends.
And there was lots of talks about him negotiating with Chelsea, you really think the club and Lampard would have wasted that time, if the decision was already made? Also stop being thick thinking Ramires will be the player holding Lampard out of the squad next season. Lampard ony played around ten less matches than Ramires last season, hardly being held out of the squad by Mourinho, considering he was 35 years old.

I’m not sure what isn’t likeable about Cech, all around nice and inoffensive guy.

Woods in meltdown again? :p Ramires got 9 more starts and was by far the shittier player, got something like half the goals of a 36 year old DM. And Lampard got more assists as well. Frankly most of the team as individuals were pretty shite last season, to pick Lampard out of the hat and hold him up to more scrutiny because he is older should in my mind be countered by the fact he has done more for the club than anyone. 4th in assists for the league at Chelsea, 5th in scoring playing from deep. Of a 23+ man squad, that doesn't sound like the problem area.

You could have easily offered a player-coaching role, help teach the kids and bring them through.... oooohhhh, I get it now. Sorry, bringing through kids, must be going mental. Yeah, I see your point now. No point having someone at the club to look up to.

They tried to get rid of Lampard last season, but this year they are suddenly saints and its all Lampards fault. Fucking hell. Last season it was a lot harder to sell to the fans with his record, winning the cup etc.. This time, barely a peep as those talks got closer to the world cup which by coincidence is a massive distraction... a good time to bury news. Only played ten less games and yet did half the work, and was by far one of the worst players I saw there.

I mentioned Cech, but it is possible he will be on the bench next season. Plus he is part of the old crew being dismantled.

Again complete horse shit.
You go on about past glories, which should never be forgotten but also not used as an excuse to keep him around forever, if his performances has dropped enough. What does Torres getting way too much money has to do with anything? You know just as well as anyone that Chelsea would like to get rid of him, it was a mistake and a mistake that is sadly not easy to fix. The logical conclusion to that is, that we might as well throw a lot of money at Lampard and Cola because they are legends? Fucking mind boggling stupidity.
Jose throwing him aside?

Fucking laughable, they both fucking love each other which is pretty clear, also through the last few weeks while they have been negotiating, how long ago is it Mou was out saying Chelsea would have a statue of Lampard outside of the stadium again? The fact is you have no clue how the discussions went, but there’s no signs of sour grapes from either part, actually quite the opposite. Going to the MLS for a year or two would be a quite interesting thing for him to do, especially for a man his age.

Seeing as you brought up how you don’t mind Chelsea, it’s rather funny you use so much time to talk so much shit about the club. Not shit when the club and players actually deserves it, but shit like how much Roman must be regretting firing RDM and getting Mou now, as Chelsea were playing lovely stuff under him (who only people with the memory of a fucking fly would say).

“Do you guys remember when RDM had Mata, Hazard and Oscar interchanging at will and were playing some lovely pass and move stuff?

That seems a long time ago now.

Roman must be looking back at that with some regret now, Mourinho dismantling that footballing side. Jose has some balls trying to get rid of all their attacking players. Of the three though, Oscar was the least talented
.”

Did you fucking watch any of those matches? Do you realize he only had Hazard and Oscar for a few months until he was fired, for bad results, like going out of the CL group stages while playing terrible? And losing to West Brom and drawing to QPR. The football wasn’t great, there wasn’t scored many goals, the results weren’t there.

Anyway seeing as any player can play the DM role just fine, and it doesn’t really take any football skills, Chelsea should just get Turnbull back to do it… Or maybe get Torres to finally work for his bloated salary, he is great at those defensive headers after all.

Like I said, he is still more productive than most of the squad in a deeper role. And as a DM everyone kept talking about how the likes of Liverpool would outpace and outscore you. Lampard did the DM job well when needed, same as the previous seasons, keeping out some very good attacks. I use so much time to talk shit about the club? The hell are you on about? You remember one other time when I talked about RDM and that is apparently the majority of my posts or something (I am saying you played well ffs)? Christ, get over yourself. Lets put it this way, I always get accused of being a Chelsea fan. Pretty much everyone hates you and wants you to fail as a club, I didn't subscribe to that. I wanted you to do well in the CL and in the league, I predicted you were going to win the league ffs. Try taking your blinkers off, do a search or something.

Yes, I watched those matches, no wait... sorry... only you... in another sodding country have access to the premier league matches. Its the best I have seen you play for a long time, probably since Hiddink. You were right at the top of the table, how is that about results and not about the sabotage that happened. He was clearly never Roman's man for the job, it was forced on him a bit by circumstance. RDM clearly wanted a striker, because, and this will shcok you, he had no faith in Torres. Which was sacrilege at the time, unless you missed that? He was pretty much forced to play Torres, had great free flowing football behind him but would breakdown every attack, fluff every shot, he was hopeless. You NEED a striker doing well if you are forced to play with only one and have no options. Even then RDM was doing really well until the reffing performance that knocked them off the top and deflated the team. Oh no, he lost to West Brom and drew to QPR? Oh noooesss, how is that possible in this era of certainty? Why, that would never happen under Mourinho or other top managers. Actually, have YOU watched their games as it is very ironic that you would bring up those teams, especially west brom. You didn't score many goals because your striker was bloody awful, and still is. Roman wanted to play good football though, that was the remit and they were, Oscar, Hazard and Mata were pulling off some incredible stuff. Great to watch as a neutral, the issue was that Oscar is a kid, Hazard just turning from a kid and not ready, and Mata was fairly young too. It was a young attack, and yet you see Mourinho still moan about it being a young attack despite them having had more time to integrate. I am not saying RDM doesn't have faults, he was a young manager learning on the job but had shown he could win ugly and was trying to turn around the team and make something more free flowing. I would of liked him to say fuck it earlier on and play Sturridge as striker but it seemed clear that wasn't an option, and he perhaps didn't fancy him. All managers have blindspots.

Yes, I said literally any player can play at DM, I can do it for Bayern actually. According to you Lampard was shit at DM last season, and yet you almost won the league and got to a CL final. Must be a very important position in your own mind then, to play with 10 men and yet come so close. And that was again the problem area was it, not the complete inability to have a striker score goals?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
found my wallet inside my fucking fridge

holy shit what the hell happened last night :lol

-

WELCOME BACK WOODEN!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Trusted Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Napoli have offered Tottenham 10 million euros for defensive midfielder Sandro.
Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is keen to strengthen his midfield and has been linked with both Sandro and Javier Mascherano in recent weeks.
Di Marzio claims that Napoli have put in an offer of 10 million euros but Spurs would only sell for a fee closer to 20 million.
He goes on to say that we can expect further bids from Napoli for the midfielder known as “The Beast.”

Nononononono

Fuck off and buy Mascherano instead.

LVG on Spurs:

Van Gaal, speaking at the Dutch base on the outskirts of Amsterdam, said: “I came very close. Very close. As a little boy I was a fan of Tottenham Hotspur with the team of Jimmy Greaves when he was the champion.
“Jimmy Greaves was my idol. So I was very close. I was a fan of Spurs during my childhood. Those fantastic white shirts and Jimmy Greaves.”

what could have been :(

found my wallet inside my fucking fridge

holy shit what the hell happened last night :lol

-

WELCOME BACK WOODEN!

Oh the days of not being married with two kids. When one could wake up the next morning laying beside the toilet while having no idea where your pants have run off to. For every day I get older, I die a little more inside.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Former Fiorentina midfielder Antonio Di Gennaro “I think Prandelli decided this a long time ago,” he told Lady Radio. “If Pepito wore a Juve or Milan shirt, I think he’d be going to Brazil."
Eh? What about the SIX Torino and Parma players? DDR? Verratti and Motta? Giovinco being snubbed?

but he's right, he deserved to be there over a couple of players.
Oh the days of not being married with two kids. When one could wake up the next morning laying beside the toilet while having no idea where your pants have run off to. For every day I get older, I die a little more inside.
That's why I'm never getting married/trapped

And why I always wear a condom :lol

Went to the Juventus Musem yesterday and saw most of the trophies won by Juve: seeing a Champions League live is a whole other thing. I didn't expect it to be that big and beautiful. I mean, I want to win one.

We also did a tour inside the Juventus Stadium, saw the rich people stuff (1500€ per year to have a seat in the same room as Agnelli iirc), went past the bench, spent a few minutes on the pitch as well. We also went inside the locker room (surprisingly small: most of the space was occupied by the massage beds), the conference room and the mixed zone.
The Museum itself was well organized: there was a lot of old stuff, it was pretty strange to see shoes used in the 20s and wool shirts. Oh and there was also Nedved's Balon d'Or (again, seeing one live - and that close - is different) and the 2006 WC winners medal (I had shivers when I saw that, I swear). Next up, Casa Milan and the Milan museum, although I think we'll go see that the day of the Trofeo Berlusconi, which should be in August.

Anyway, anybody who hasn't seen them and has a chance: go see the Champions League trophy live. You won't regret it and you'll understand a lot of things.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Went to the Juventus Musem yesterday and saw most of the trophies won by Juve: seeing a Champions League live is a whole other thing. I didn't expect it to be that big and beautiful. I mean, I want to win one.
it's actually significantly smaller than that. But you know, we made bigger replicas to compensate for the lack of them.

alessio-tacchinardi-with-his-medal.jpg

Seems like Murdered: Soul Suspect has turned out shite :(

With LA Noire being a pile of bollocks, it's been a while since we had a good crime mystery game

Do you guys think Strootman will be back to his best after the ACL injury? Usually players lose some athleticism after getting surgery.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
it's been a while since we had a good crime mystery game
it's a crime mystery how TLoU is GOTY.

Do you guys think Strootman will be back to his best after the ACL injury? Usually players lose some athleticism after getting surgery.

he'll adapt to his injury but he won't be as good/fast that's for sure.

He'll be fine though, he's more about reading the game and collecting the balls than anything.

it's a crime mystery how TLoU is GOTY.

he'll adapt to his injury but he won't be as good/fast that's for sure.

He'll be fine though, he's more about reading the game and collecting the balls than anything.

I'll tell you what's a mystery to me, how a team with a confirmed history of matchfixing can come from nowhere to win the league 3 times in a row, while being outperformed by their countrymen in a competition that's more difficult to fix. Hmm.

We're taking you down next season bruv

You could have easily offered a player-coaching role, help teach the kids and bring them through....

Why do you automaticly assume this wasn't discussed with him? What do you think they did at those meetings? You're impossible to have a logical discussion with as you make your own conclusions everywhere based on little to no evidence.

About RDM, yes he was obviously never Romans favorite, and I'm also a bit sickened about the way he was forced out (especially when Benitez was the one to replace him). But to say the team played great football during that time is bullshit.

Yes, I said literally any player can play at DM, I can do it for Bayern actually. According to you Lampard was shit at DM last season, and yet you almost won the league and got to a CL final. Must be a very important position in your own mind then, to play with 10 men and yet come so close. And that was again the problem area was it, not the complete inability to have a striker score goals?

Lampard was never a lone DM in CL. I'm pretty sure he was, with the exception of the one PSG match, where PSG had no intentions to attack, partnered with Luiz or Mikel there. But don't let that get in the way of your crazy logic. Let's just let this stand on its own for a while

"Yes, I said literally any player can play at DM, I can do it for Bayern actually."

"Yes, I said literally any player can play at DM, I can do it for Bayern actually."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll tell you what's a mystery to me, how a team with a confirmed history of matchfixing can come from nowhere to win the league 3 times in a row, while being outperformed by their countrymen in a competition that's more difficult to fix. Hmm.

We're taking you down next season bruv

see, now as a Juve fan, I have a crime mystery joke about Liverpool too but I'm not gonna say it.

we're taking ourselves down again next season

Salazar

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 22m
Mundo Deportivo say Fabregas going to Chelsea 'out of spite' because Arsene Wenger turned him down.

I know you have a thing about TuttoSport, Yurt, but goddamn. Mundo Deportivo is the real thing.

Did you finish S2? The show ended/died to me when
Jaqen changed his face
They had to take him out, he was too charming. He'd have ruined the nude scenes for everyone, they'd be waiting for him to show up again instead of staring at boobs.

I know I did.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How many more episodes are left of this season of Game of Thrones? because next to nothing has happened this season.
Two, lol.
Haha, Yurt pls. I didnt know you like that German guy so much.
Best 10 minutes in GoT.
At a glance it seems like I haven't missed much.
SUBTLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
They had to take him out, he was too charming. He'd have ruined the nude scenes for everyone, they'd be waiting for him to show up again instead of staring at boobs.

I know I did.
OH BABY! Jeff (Tom) is pleased to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom