• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknil

Sosa, Otamendi and Banega out from Argentina WC squad. Press is surprised because of Banega.

Now I'm here waiting for the confirmation of Falcao out.

wedward

Wilian > Fabregas

Is anyone making this comparison? They are entirely different players. Silly to compare them.

And yes, Fabregas is better than Oscar at the #10.

I think this is paper talk. Fabregas is not the type of player Mou would put in midfield with Matic.

Lightning

Banned
What're the odds that Barca haven't received any bids for Fabregas? Pretty likely I reckon,

He's an excellent player but plays in a position where all the obvious suitors have an abundance of talent.
The thing is he's better than most players. For example Cesc is better than Ramsey and only Ozil is really on a similar level to him. He would be great for any team as, aside from City, he would walk into any top team.

dc89

Sosa, Otamendi and Banega out from Argentina WC squad. Press is surprised because of Banega.

A guy I know on Twitter basically confirmed it this morning. He works as a commentator!

wedward

The thing is he's better than most players. For example Cesc is better than Ramsey and only Ozil is really on a similar level to him. He would be great for any team as, aside from City, he would walk into any top team.

-----Rambo
Santi Ozil Theo
----Cesc DM

That'll do.

Im kidding.

Meier

I guess Demichelis made it over Otamendi. Almost unfathomable a year ago frankly.

Falcao never had a chance -- they were just playing at it as a possibility to keep the fans hopes up I guess. You don't tear an ACL and then come back in less than 6 months.

Splatt

ibndNaX1CyiTzj.gif

Scum

Fabregas should go to Dortmund.

Lightning, pls. Why wouldn't he be great for City?

A servant to the club who showed more class than the club themselves, dragged their name out of the mud more than most. All time top scorer. Had the highest assists of the modern era as well. Won tons of trophies for you, with many great performances in key games. An inspirational figure for kids to look up to and learn from. A good ambassador for the club to spread the word that it isn't all Mourinho types. Only player to get a sniff of individual awards in Europe/FIFA. He was more than "a player" and for a 'fan' to say it like that speaks volumes in itself.

And you let that go, you let his contract run down without stating the clear intent, you don't give him a send off in the league... you don't do everything you can to keep him until he retires? Got some truly amazing midfielders keeping him out as well in the likes of Ramires, can't trap a ball, can't pass, can't keep his head up but he can run a lot so that suits the hustle style of play more I guess.

So yeah, its a pretty telling indictment, I have stuck up for Chelsea numerous times amongst neutrals as I am not personally bothered about the oil rich angle. Things like this though, waste of time really. Struggling to think of a likeable and respectable guy in that squad now... Cech? *shrugs*

Marc talking absolutely shit again? What a surprise. Let me first say that Lampard is a obviously a legend at Chelsea and a man that will never be forgotten, he has done fantastic things for the club. But by the time the next season starts he’s 36 years old and he has had a very mediocre season despite actually playing quite a lot. You should not as a club try and hold on to players until their retirement with the reason being they are legends.
And there was lots of talks about him negotiating with Chelsea, you really think the club and Lampard would have wasted that time, if the decision was already made? Also stop being thick thinking Ramires will be the player holding Lampard out of the squad next season. Lampard ony played around ten less matches than Ramires last season, hardly being held out of the squad by Mourinho, considering he was 35 years old.

I’m not sure what isn’t likeable about Cech, all around nice and inoffensive guy.

Fintan - Because when you are still paying out of the arse for the likes of Torres to scrape by the odd game, its a tad insulting.

Obviously we don't know the details but it seems impossible to believe Lampard was the one trying to get out of staying. Especially when Chelsea did the same with Cole and had made it clear they were reducing wages and ages of the squad, you would think there would be an exception in that for their clubs greatest player.

Makeup_gun.gif

Again complete horse shit.
You go on about past glories, which should never be forgotten but also not used as an excuse to keep him around forever, if his performances has dropped enough. What does Torres getting way too much money has to do with anything? You know just as well as anyone that Chelsea would like to get rid of him, it was a mistake and a mistake that is sadly not easy to fix. The logical conclusion to that is, that we might as well throw a lot of money at Lampard and Cola because they are legends? Fucking mind boggling stupidity.
Jose throwing him aside?

Fucking laughable, they both fucking love each other which is pretty clear, also through the last few weeks while they have been negotiating, how long ago is it Mou was out saying Chelsea would have a statue of Lampard outside of the stadium again? The fact is you have no clue how the discussions went, but there’s no signs of sour grapes from either part, actually quite the opposite. Going to the MLS for a year or two would be a quite interesting thing for him to do, especially for a man his age.

Seeing as you brought up how you don’t mind Chelsea, it’s rather funny you use so much time to talk so much shit about the club. Not shit when the club and players actually deserves it, but shit like how much Roman must be regretting firing RDM and getting Mou now, as Chelsea were playing lovely stuff under him (who only people with the memory of a fucking fly would say).

“Do you guys remember when RDM had Mata, Hazard and Oscar interchanging at will and were playing some lovely pass and move stuff?

That seems a long time ago now.

Roman must be looking back at that with some regret now, Mourinho dismantling that footballing side. Jose has some balls trying to get rid of all their attacking players. Of the three though, Oscar was the least talented

Did you fucking watch any of those matches? Do you realize he only had Hazard and Oscar for a few months until he was fired, for bad results, like going out of the CL group stages while playing terrible? And losing to West Brom and drawing to QPR. The football wasn’t great, there wasn’t scored many goals, the results weren’t there.

Anyway seeing as any player can play the DM role just fine, and it doesn’t really take any football skills, Chelsea should just get Turnbull back to do it… Or maybe get Torres to finally work for his bloated salary, he is great at those defensive headers after all.

Lightning

Banned
Fabregas should go to Dortmund.

Lightning, pls. Why wouldn't he be great for City?
City have Silva and Yaya Toure. Would Cesc really be an upgrade on that? He isn't going to get Toure's goals. He'd help of course but for 40m City should not be worried about their midfield. They have the best midfield in the league.

Scum

Where would he play? Fabregas playing in Yaya's position is a huge downgrade.

City have Silva and Yaya Toure. Would Cesc really be an upgrade on that? He isn't going to get Toure's goals. He'd help of course but for 40m City should not be worried about their midfield. They have the best midfield in the league.

He'll fit in fine. After Yaya crys his way to moneybags PSG. 😒

Salvadora

Arsenal were so good back in the late 90s, early 00s. Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, not to mention many others... It just puts their present-day squad to shame, Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil (on a good day) are the only players they have right now who even approach that level, though none of them even come close to Henry and Bergkamp.
One of the commentators in that video said that they were watching the Harlem Globetrotters.

We were so good.

Left me feeling a wee bit empty that those times, those players, are all gone. And that one day in the not too distant future, Wenger will be too. Into the history books.
Requested

Rage quit

whatevs
:p

That wasn't what I meant.

Can someone explain the ps4 world cup FUT to me? I just tried the update and I have a really crappy squad. Every team I play is made up of great players and my best guy is Gabbiadini. I don't see a transfer market. I know you get one player after every match it seems but are people really buying packs to stack their team? I've played regular FUT before.

edit: and how am I supposed to get fitness and contracts w/o a market or the ability to have a second squad

Arsenal were so good back in the late 90s, early 00s. Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, not to mention many others... It just puts their present-day squad to shame, Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil (on a good day) are the only players they have right now who even approach that level, though none of them even come close to Henry and Bergkamp.

Fun fact: all 5 of those players won a POTY award (Writers/PFA/Barclays) in their time here.

No Falcao =(

Although on paper Colombia's offense seems pretty solid, after that cocky display they had against Senegal where they only managed a tie, I have my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom