• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BpJP4L3IQAAx0_l.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Falcao is out, this World Cup is losing more and more players :(

Also lol wooden, hi! That was a dramatic comeback.

Yen

Tony Evans on Talksport:

"Liverpool will sign Lallana. He will soon be at Anfield. Moreno will also happen very soon. I think Lovren will sign too.

Liverpool are going to spend a huge amount of money this summer. Minimum 70M + player sale. They are really going for it.

Lallana wants Liverpool. Liverpool want Lallana. Southampton want to get the deal done.

I will put money on it [Lallana] happening. It will happen. It will happen.

They are going to go massive. They want to create a team that will be able to challenge for the Champions League."

Though Evans is so miserable, he's probably saying this so when it doesn't happen, he can criticise Rodgers and FSG

Meier

Where would he play? Fabregas playing in Yaya's position is a huge downgrade.
Fernando is coming in to play DM. Ferna could push forward a bit. Cesc would rotate with our creative mids if we signed him (IMO). Some games Ferna would sit deeper and Cesc or Milner could play as a CM.

pulga

Banned
Im so glad I bought Mario Kart, I missed Wind Waker so much <3 Off to the Tower of the Gods!

edit:

1401745591_299611_1401745790_album_grande.jpg

Damn, this kit is gonna sell like hot cakes to the female market. All dem returning bandwagoners.

jtb

Banned
so is the Milner to Arsenal story dead until after the World Cup? or is it just dead

I wanted to believe :(

Meier

Can someone explain the ps4 world cup FUT to me? I just tried the update and I have a really crappy squad. Every team I play is made up of great players and my best guy is Gabbiadini. I don't see a transfer market. I know you get one player after every match it seems but are people really buying packs to stack their team? I've played regular FUT before.

edit: and how am I supposed to get fitness and contracts w/o a market or the ability to have a second squad
I hope they add in a second squad option do you don't have to manually change a ton every time. Contracts, etc. come from buying packs. You get a chance at some in the WC mode and then you get a regular pack as well. It's definitely full of people who bought a ton I'm sure. I got like 4 myself. There is no market to sell players on the regular mode any more sadly so I can barely fund new purchases.

LNBL

I hope they add in a second squad option do you don't have to manually change a ton every time. Contracts, etc. come from buying packs. You get a chance at some in the WC mode and then you get a regular pack as well. It's definitely full of people who bought a ton I'm sure. I got like 4 myself. There is no market to sell players on the regular mode any more sadly so I can barely fund new purchases.

This!

wedward

Fernando is coming in to play DM. Ferna could push forward a bit. Cesc would rotate with our creative mids if we signed him (IMO). Some games Ferna would sit deeper and Cesc or Milner could play as a CM.

I don't think Cesc is interested in being a backup.

so is the Milner to Arsenal story dead until after the World Cup? or is it just dead

I wanted to believe :(

Nothing will happen before the World Cup.

Though Evans is so miserable, he's probably saying this so when it doesn't happen, he can criticise Rodgers and FSG

I think he's right, he'll be signed. Do you rate him? I don't rate him that much and we have plenty of homegrown players. Would like to raid the German league instead.

Lightning

Banned
That rotation is what got Cesc frustrated at Barca. He won't accept that, he moaned about that over and over and over again at Barca.

GQman2121

Banned
Falcao is out, this World Cup is losing more and more players :(

Also lol wooden, hi! That was a dramatic comeback.

Falcao is not out because he was never in. You don't return from that type of injury in anything less than 6-8 months. And that's on the lucky end of the scale.

jesalr

Van Gaal said: “I came very close. Very close. As a little boy I was a fan of Tottenham Hotspur with the team of Jimmy Greaves when he was the champion.

“Jimmy Greaves was my idol. So I was very close. I was a fan of Spurs during my childhood. Those fantastic white shirts and Jimmy Greaves.”

Why did you do it then, LVG? WHY!?

omgkitty

They got Joel Campbell?

He scored more goals against Manchester United than the entire Arsenal team did last season.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens to Joel Campbell. We got a work permit for him last summer but let him go to Olympiacos on loan anyways. There were some rumblings earlier this year about Olympiacos wanting to buy him, but nothing else has really been said after that. Honestly think we should bring him back and give him a shot though. Walcott will be out for the start of the season, and if we don't bring Vela back (which we'd be stupid not to do unless we somehow convince them to let us have Griezmann instead), our only other RW is Gnabry.

Meier

That rotation is what got Cesc frustrated at Barca. He won't accept that, he moaned about that over and over and over again at Barca.
I don't think there are many top teams where he wouldn't have to rotate some. It just goes with being at a big club nowadays. If you're a midfielder and your squad plays 60 games, you'll probably only start 40-45 of them.

King_Moc

Banned
I've added myself to the MK spreadsheet and added a bunch of you to miiverse. User ID is King_Moc. Finally firing this up for the first time.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
There's a japan - costa rica game going on.
We're winning 0-1.
but shit am i nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom