• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

I've been catching up on Arrow just now.

The 'Moira Queen, you have failed this city' scene has been the best moment for me so far. The timing and execution was incredible. An efficacious scene in every sense of the word (from my perspective, at the very least). Slade Wilson is a slick character played by a terrific actor. I can't believe I put it off for so long.

Can't wait to keep going.

pulga

Banned
Alright, finished my contribution to the WC OT! Get going lads, thing should be up pretty soon to get hype going!

Who's doing Japan? Odd? Wes? I've been following that team and the J League for a couple of years. Then again, if the descriptions don't have to be that detailed you wouldn't have to know everything about the j league. Everybody already knows Japan's best players, weaknesses, and formation.

Salazar

Yurt!

I'm surprised Juventus hasn't had a midfield exodus. I was sure this was the summer.

The awful paradox: Marchisio's loyalty makes him even more puppyishly attractive, but squashes his target status.

Considering the transience of Pogba and Vidal, he's gotta stay.

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 22m
Swansea tell Arsenal and co. - You can have Wilfried Bony but only if you cough up £19m.

Good price.

During yesterday friendly between Juve and Real legends Seedorf scored a beautiful goal. He was also cheered almost everytime he touched the ball and every corner kick. It almost felt like Juve fans liked him more than the Milan board somehow.
it's actually significantly smaller than that. But you know, we made bigger replicas to compensate for the lack of them.

http://www.images22.com/pics/04/alessio-tacchinardi-with-his-medal.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I wanted to ask where they put the rest of the CLs, then I remembered I was in the wrong museum :P

The awful paradox: Marchisio's loyalty makes him even more puppyishly attractive, but squashes his target status.

Yep. Muppet Madrid will eventually throw a lot of money at either Pogba or Vidal. Especially with Pirlo getting up there in age, Marchisio's minutes should start going up.

GQman2121

Banned
Great. I look forward to more thrilling plot advancement from that blonde dragon woman.

From super interesting, to completely irrelevant in one season.

The cast is so bloated, and hops around so much that there has been very little progression for what feels like two seasons now for many characters.

subtles

Your optimistic outlook re; United always reminds me that Moyes is no more! Woodward is probably off doing business this very moment.

Zidane's goal was hnngggggg. Legend's still got it.

Zidane, Nedved, Ferrara and Seedorf were probably the best on the pitch. Davids too.

Ferrara made an incredible off the line clearance with a bicycle kick, almost felt like a goal from the Curva Sud.

I won't be surprised if United start doing more of those legend games. Now that Giggs has retired, he can start playing in those games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we are dead

United just come and loot our corpse pls

it's more like scavenging though if you're going to take our midfielders.

The_Road_bleak_scenery.jpg

copy paste LvG's face on Viggo

Jack cw

we are dead

United just come and loot our corpse pls

it's more like scavenging though if you're going to take our midfielders.

Who are they going for? Marchisio, Pogba and Vidal? They better try Cesc, that is the only realistic target.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUwuofXN7iY&list=UUGpf7WX7R1one-NwOvg_PbQ

Adidas and Van der Sar are trolling them with fake designs, hidden camera footage!

LOL, I wish Madrids new away would be fake. That little princess kit is hilarious.

cremino

Zidane, Nedved, Ferrara and Seedorf were probably the best on the pitch. Davids too.

Ferrara made an incredible off the line clearance with a bicycle kick, almost felt like a goal from the Curva Sud.

I was impressed with Di Livio and Makelele too...They didn't look like retired players..
Torricelli and Salgado are better than Isla

Marc

Why do you automaticly assume this wasn't discussed with him? What do you think they did at those meetings? You're impossible to have a logical discussion with as you make your own conclusions everywhere based on little to no evidence.

About RDM, yes he was obviously never Romans favorite, and I'm also a bit sickened about the way he was forced out (especially when Benitez was the one to replace him). But to say the team played great football during that time is bullshit.

Because a deal seemed unlikely from the start, I think they did very little. It is an opinion, that if Chelsea really wanted to keep Lampard... he would still be at the club. You are arguing that it is Lampards fault which in the context of what the club has said and done is complete crap. Sometimes you need only apply common sense. The cubs intent has been clear for a while now, starting from AVB.

I disagree, different opinions on good football obviously. I wouldn't say your opinion is bullshit, just that I don't agree with it. Players moved freely, swapped positions, did little one twos and flicks to each other that I find entertaining.

Lampard was never a lone DM in CL. I'm pretty sure he was, with the exception of the one PSG match, where PSG had no intentions to attack, partnered with Luiz or Mikel there. But don't let that get in the way of your crazy logic. Let's just let this stand on its own for a while

"Yes, I said literally any player can play at DM, I can do it for Bayern actually."

"Yes, I said literally any player can play at DM, I can do it for Bayern actually."

You are pretty sure, obviously they were key figures. I never claimed he was on his own btw. Great players, I am sure they compare well to Makelele.

I can't tell if you are serious and can't actually grasp sarcasm or you are not serious and this is some kind of meta logic. I am struggling to believe you actually think I was being serious in playing as a DM for Bayern and that literally anyone could do it. My point at the time was that Lampard and Gerrard can move back into DM roles as they aren't as demanding. Clearly since both teams were in the hunt for the title that seems true, unless you are again inferring both teams are playing with ten men. There is a difference in someone specializing in a role however. If you get a nuclear physicist to build a brick wall, sure he could do it but has little experience in it and won't be as good as an actual builder.

pulga

Banned
Every single summer there's somehow rumors about Garay and nothing ever comes out of it. He's mediocre, why is FootyGAF so enamoured with him?

dc89

Is there a record footage feature on the Wii U or are people using capture cards?

It has a feature called Mario Kart TV where it saves your last 12 races or something and you can upload to YouTube etc.

I guess that's how people are doing it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This Luigi meme is the best thing to come out of MK8, and that's saying something!

this is what happens when you live in the shadows of others for decades. You develop an inferiority complex.

Luigi is the Mario bro equivalent of Barcelona.

I've been catching up on Arrow just now.

The 'Moira Queen, you have failed this city' scene has been the best moment for me so far. The timing and execution was incredible. An efficacious scene in every sense of the word (from my perspective, at the very least). Slade Wilson is a slick character played by a terrific actor. I can't believe I put it off for so long.

Can't wait to keep going.

Glad you're enjoying it! Don't take it too seriously like Farhat pls.

pulga

Banned
this is what happens when you live in the shadows of others for decades. You develop an inferiority complex.

Luigi is the Mario bro equivalent of Barcelona.

And like the Year of Luigi, their relevance has come to an end.

Messi didnt even make the CL team of the Year lol

Kurt Zouma: "I really wanted to go to Chelsea. Did I've other offers? Yes, there were Inter, Monaco & United. All those clubs called." (SSN)

imU77SzflaafG.gif

Marc

Anyone here interested in the PS4 UFC game? Gonna get the demo today if it's out like they say, not a UFC fan since Gracie but that Bruce Lee preorder bonus is calling to me.

If it is decent I will probably pick it up.

So much shit I don't care about in GoT. The Stark girls and the Capital is all I want to see.

Wait, you don't care about this...

7e6e67f8d6_emilia-clarke.jpg

You must be Iron born, because you're already dead.

Wait till next season btw, christ

Lightning

Banned
If he wants to leave Barca and one of Arsenal's rivals is his only option, I don't really see how they can be annoyed at him
Furious at Wenger if this actually happens. Arsenal GAF think a DM is going to solve things for us but it isn't going to make the slightest difference because as soon as Ramsey and Ozil pick up any injuries we will be screwed all over again no matter who's on the field.

FootballFan

What contributions are we talking about?

Wes wanted help with OT for WC. Gave us teams to do the 'profiles' for. I had to do Brazil and Switzerland(I will make you proud Kenka).

Yep my Belgium and Portugal contributions will be in today.

Can you please make like 20 paragraphs just for Januzaj. Detailing his life, how many countries he could have played for, where he takes girls for dates, etc.

bjaelke

Andy Dunn (Mirror) wrote an article two days ago about United hypothetically buying Suarez to make a statement of some sort. Spanish media picks up on the story and runs it through Google translate - apparently the word hypothesis doesn't exist in the Spanish vocabulary. British media - Mirror included - report the Spanish version of the transfer story and neglect to mention the original source.

June 1st: Why Manchester United should make a £75m move for Luis Suarez

June 3rd: Manchester United transfer rumours: Luis Suarez £65million bid lined up by Reds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom