• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Possibly Isco or Di Maria too.

If this is happening then I hope it goes through soon. I really don't like the idea of us dicking around at the end of the window with £90m and no idea what to do with it.

Bild (lol) saying terms agreed with Emre Can and offer formally put to Leverkusen. Hope that one can be wrapped up soon.

I'd have to imagine that Liverpool would take some players off Madrid in any Suarez deal, by the time such a deal were concluded Liverpool would probably have already wrapped up a few more transfers and the squad would be a bit bloated to bring in more players.

The likes of Benz, Di Maria, Isco, Varane, Alonso, Jese, Morata, Coentrao, even Lopez would probably all be of interest. Last summer Tottenham reportedly turned down the option to take Di Maria and Coentrao, to their great misfortune, Liverpool would probably want to avoid that.

Celtic, West Ham and Wigan are supposed to be interested in Schieber. Yes pls!

Imagine a Carroll Schieber partnership. The world couldn't handle it.

jesalr

Drew isn't for me. He seems like a nice guy, but it's a podcast about videogames and nonsense, and he rarely adds anything to chime in about either. All he ever talks about is playing board games, and doing cool hipster things in San Fran or wherever he lives. He occasionally will mention playing a plane or racing simulator.

I dunno, never really cared about games that much with the bombcast. Always just looked them talking nonsense, like the tomato sauce shower. I hear so much about video games from other shows/sources.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's rumoured that Madrid offered us money + Marcelo AND Coentrao for Pogba or Vidal.

So that would be their Suarez deal too I imagine?

Swaps almost never happen anyway

sohois

It's rumoured that Madrid offered us money + Mercelo AND Coentrao for Pogba or Vidal.

They offer that to Juve since you don't have any proper left backs so you can take two. Liverpool probably wouldn't need either if Moreno signs.

3Sixty

Giantbomb had a time where it was funny, different to what everyone else was doing and i actually cared about video games.

Now, not so much.

Hixx

I like Drew.

But he never really gets involved so at the moment it's Brad and Jeff.

I don't like Brad and Jeff is even more miserable than usual these days so I barely visit the site anymore.

Feorax

It's rumoured that Madrid offered us money + Mercelo AND Coentrao for Pogba or Vidal.

Given we're going out of our way to buy a LB for a significant sum of money, I can't see that being an offer we'd be all that happy with.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They offer that to Juve since you don't have any proper left backs so you can take two. Liverpool probably wouldn't need either if Moreno signs.

Given we're going out of our way to buy a LB for a significant sum of money, I can't see that being an offer we'd be all that happy with.
Ah you guys are right.

Madrid, La Decima is enough you fucks.

Derp1na

Banned
How is Torchlight 2's single-player? Only £5 on Steam.

Tried Puppeteer and PES2014 yesterday, deleted them both after about 20 minutes each

I tried PES2014 on the PS3 and it's amazingly shit. The game runs terribly compared to the PC version which I love despite its problems.

Januzaj now has no Belgium caps after the Luxembourg match was ruled invalid due to too many subs. Lukaku also has his 3 goals taken away from him.

I tried PES2014 on the PS3 and it's amazingly shit. The game runs terribly compared to the PC version which I love despite its problems.

Januzaj now has no Belgium caps after the Luxembourg match was ruled invalid due to too many subs. Lukaku also has his 3 goals taken away from him.

Now he can score on his debut. Excellent.

Randdalf

Tonight's starting England 11 will look something like this according to the Guardian.

--------------- Lambert ---------------

-- Rooney -- Barkley ---- Ox ----

----- Wilshere ------ Lampard ----

--- ? ------- ? --------? ---- Milner -

------------------- ? ----------------------

Feorax

Daily Mail also reporting Can set to sign. Fee just under £10m.

--------------- Lambert ---------------

-- Rooney -- Barkley ---- Ox ----

----- Wilshere ------ Lampard ----

- Shaw --- Jones --Smalling --- Milner -

----------------- Foster ------------------

That's my guess

Agreed, his price and reluctance to put in a transfer request have out me off Lallana a lot. I'm sure Shaqiri would be an excellent signing if we signed him.

Your right they aren't similar, it just seemed they were both a little too good to be rotated and I wasn't sure if they'd sign without agreeing to be a first team regular.

I didn't think of this from Southampton's perspective, I guess it depends on what they ultimately want. Do they want Lallana to stay or do they want cash to better the academy and strengthen other areas of the team?

I think we could afford both, but I don't want us to replace the entire team. We still came second last year with a young squad, we don't need that many more people.

Also, ten LiverpoolGAF posts in a row, total domination.

Can you explain this?

Feorax

Can you explain this?

Transfer request means he forfeits his loyalty bonus. Saints get more money to offset Bournemouth's sell-on fee, and shows he's serious about stepping up by making his position formal.

Right now hes just having a little whinge whilst hoping Saints cave and he can walk away with a big fat bonus.

Will Muppet Madrid ever stop?

iCP7KBRam8pRs.gif

I think it's time to stop guys.

Muppet man utd have been going on for so long. Let them have their fun.

Basically rotating everyone...except Rooney. Gone beyond the point of absurdity now.

Hopefully he's just playing Rooney there to see if he can play on the left of a 4-3-3. Chances of that being the case are <1% though :(

Sterling starting neither of these games is ridiculous

He wants his loyalty fee, I assume.

Or w/e it's called.

Go check your eyes Viva. Your superior-eyes membership is frozen for now

I am having it this week please innocent until proven guility.

Transfer request means he forfeits his loyalty bonus. Saints get more money to offset Bournemouth's sell-on fee, and shows he's serious about stepping up by making his position formal.

Right now hes just having a little whinge whilst hoping Saints cave and he can walk away with a big fat bonus.

Do you think it's just the money he cares about? How much is he on at Southampton? Would his loyalty bonus be that big? There are other reasons a player might not want to hand one in.

I don't understand why you would be turned off a player just because he isn't throwing all his toys out of the pram to make it happen. Seems like a very...arrogant position to take tbh.

GorillaJu

I am having it this week please innocent until proven guility.

Do you think it's just the money he cares about? How much is he on at Southampton? Would his loyalty bonus be that big? There are other reasons a player might not want to hand one in.

I don't understand why you would be turned off a player just because he isn't throwing all his toys out of the pram to make it happen. Seems like a very...arrogant position to take tbh.

No m8, we're Liverpool. Drop everything and come into Brendan's sweet embrace.

Hitch I'll play with you vs bots, but if we play vs humans I promise you I will rage. It will average out the skill ratings and I'll get frustrated as all hell not being able to 1v5 a team.

scently

Basically rotating everyone...except Rooney. Gone beyond the point of absurdity now.

This shows he is playing wide-left....how is that not out of position for him.

Oh and btw, Rooney should be the main striker so he has been playing out of position.

No m8, we're Liverpool. Drop everything and come into Brendan's sweet embrace.

Hitch I'll play with you vs bots, but if we play vs humans I promise you I will rage. It will average out the skill ratings and I'll get frustrated as all hell not being able to 1v5 a team.
Forgot to ask you before.

What if you had a baby but it was a fatty? You got a threshold for your kids as well as your laydeez?

Feorax

Maybe. It just doesn't sit right with me that a player will happily talk to the press about how much he wants to leave and feels hard done to, but then isn't willing to take any personal or financial risk himself to make it happen. In my eyes, he's practically thrown all of his toys out of the pram already, only short of refusing to play Southampton again (which might well still happen depending on how this plays out).

It's the same as Suarez last summer, and I thought he was a coward back then as well for the way he handled things. Don't get me wrong, things can change, but right now it doesn't sit well with me at all.

sohois

This shows he is playing wide-left....how is that not out of position for him.

Oh and btw, Rooney should be the main striker so he has been playing out of position.

Rotating as in all the players who started against Peru are dropped for the rest of the squad, not rotating of position

Latest Andy Mitten stuff on United:

United know they need to get it right. There is money in place for signings and three high earning players – Giggs, Vidic and Ferdinand – are off the payroll, though Vidic wishes he wasn’t. He acted in haste and made his decision to leave in the middle of Moyes’ reign.

United are very confident that Chelsea fan Luke Shaw will be coming to the club. His family have long preferred him to come to Old Trafford, where, with support from Patrice Evra, he’ll become United’s long term left-back. Rival clubs are insinuating that the Shaw deal hasn’t been done yet and they’re not out of the running. They’re right, but United remain clear favourites.

Van Gaal has worked up a list of his preferred signings with Ed Woodward. Inducing them to put pen to paper is an altogether different issue. United were working towards acquiring one set of players under Moyes, now – one or two aside – they’re targeting other players. Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels is the one United feel closest to signing.

United chased Cesc Fabregas hard last summer, but felt like they were messed about. So they’re once bitten twice shy with the Catalan now. Regardless of their public utterances, Barça will sell Fabregas, who has been less than the expected spectacular for them since returning three years ago. Fabregas, 27, doesn’t want to leave, but doesn’t want to stay where he’s not wanted either. Knowing that Barça think they’re sitting on a goldmine with Fabregas as they consider him perfect for the Premier League, English clubs are playing it cool. Their perception of Fabregas doesn’t match Barça’s.

Feorax

SocialRMadrid @SocialRMadrid
Real Madrid have made an offer for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can. [Radio Marca]

Congrats Madrid. You bought Bale and now you're stealing our transfer targets. You are officially the Spanish Spurs.

I'll admit, not what I expected from the "unprecedented relationship"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom