• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Scholes played out of position at 2002

on me head son etc

The first sentence was supposed to be sarcastic, but I guess it doesn't work with text. Just don't know why Rooney was singled out for praise when everyone seems to be played out of position. Rooney is almost always exactly where he wants to be.

LTWheels

Maybe. It just doesn't sit right with me that a player will happily talk to the press about how much he wants to leave and feels hard done to, but then isn't willing to take any personal or financial risk himself to make it happen. In my eyes, he's practically thrown all of his toys out of the pram already, only short of refusing to play Southampton again (which might well still happen depending on how this plays out).

It's the same as Suarez last summer, and I thought he was a coward back then as well for the way he handled things. Don't get me wrong, things can change, but right now it doesn't sit well with me at all.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he is in Miami at the moment preparing for a world cup. Other things are on his mind than forcing it through. Especially makes it difficult considering it has been reported that Southampton are ignoring his calls.

Pachimari

It blows my mind people are even suggesting Isco, Di Maria or Benzema will leave. None of those 3 will leave.

And when we sold Ozil it wasn't to give Bale a clear run to the XI, it was to finance his transfer.

sohois

SocialRMadrid @SocialRMadrid
Real Madrid have made an offer for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can. [Radio Marca]

Earlier on in the transfer reporting it was said that a priority for Can was ensuring he got playing time at Liverpool.

Somehow can't see RM appeasing him if that's the case.

TeddyBoy

Can you explain this?

Transfer request means he forfeits his loyalty bonus. Saints get more money to offset Bournemouth's sell-on fee, and shows he's serious about stepping up by making his position formal.

Right now hes just having a little whinge whilst hoping Saints cave and he can walk away with a big fat bonus.

My views are the same as Feorax's, if Lallana wants to come to Liverpool he needs to put in a transfer request forfeiting his loyalty bonus to show he actually wants to play for us and not just get more cash. I like Lallana as a player, but his attitude is pretty poor right now, Lambert did all he could to join us and he helped us sign him in just a few days. I don't like it when players use informal means to put pressure on the club to sell, like Feorax said, Suarez did it last year and he just came across as someone who wants more money and not much more.

GorillaJu

My views are the same as Feorax's, if Lallana wants to come to Liverpool he needs to put in a transfer request forfeiting his loyalty bonus to show he actually wants to play for us and not just get more cash. I like Lallana as a player, but his attitude is pretty poor right now, Lambert did all he could to join us and he helped us sign him in just a few days. I don't like it when players use informal means to put pressure on the club to sell, like Feorax said, Suarez did it last year and he just came across as someone who wants more money and not much more.

Lambert is 32 years old, isn't a starting player for Southampton every week and isn't their captain and best player, either. He also wasn't a hot property with several clubs bidding for him. He turned down every offer he had until we came in. There's a world of difference there between the two players and their situations with Southampton.

I don't think we know enough about what's going on to begrudge Lallana, or any of the parties involved really. Everyone is looking out for their own best interests - Liverpool included.

scently

Rotating as in all the players who started against Peru are dropped for the rest of the squad, not rotating of position

Oh ok. That makes sense. Although it could very well be to get him up to full match fitness. Also, I would like to see England give the 433 formation a try.

GorillaJu

We are not in for Can. There's absolutely no talk about it.

And we bought Illarra for around €30 million last summer.

I think you mean pounds. Converts to 36m euro, before factoring in the other fees. I think when it's all added up it comes to like 50m. Then you convert it and it's 60m euro.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Didn't they just pay 60m for Illaramendi last year? Can plays in the same position.

Well presumably Khedira and Casemiro will leave. I guess if they do want Can then he will take the place of those two.

bjaelke

09A6PoP.jpg

TimmmV

I am having it this week please innocent until proven guility.

Do you think it's just the money he cares about? How much is he on at Southampton? Would his loyalty bonus be that big? There are other reasons a player might not want to hand one in.

I don't understand why you would be turned off a player just because he isn't throwing all his toys out of the pram to make it happen. Seems like a very...arrogant position to take tbh.

I think most reasonable fans won't expect a footballer with no affiliation to a club to stick around forever, they just need to go about leaving in the right way.

The decent thing is for a player to let a club know he's leaving, keep playing well and then when it comes to it submit a transfer request if necessary (Alonso and Arbeloa both did that as far as I know), it seems everyone at Southampton has similar feelings with Lambert too

Its when players sulk/start playing badly/making themselves the victim that it becomes a turn off, Suarez behaved like a dick last summer and would have got more hate if wasn't playing so well. People hate Torres too because he sulked around for 6 months playing like crap, and then pulled his finger out the moment the transfer window comes round, before submitting a transfer request right at the end of it. Similar with Mascheranos refusal to play against City when he wanted out too

Lallana signing the shirt isn't that big a deal imo, but if hes pissing everyone at the club off and doing everything he can to leave up until submitting a transfer request then it is a bit off putting.

Saying that, I'm a massive hypocrite, so would probably be totally ok with it if it was someone younger/better/cheaper than Lallana

Pachimari

I think you mean pounds. Converts to 36m euro, before factoring in the other fees. I think when it's all added up it comes to like 50m. Then you convert it and it's 60m euro.

I'm really sure it's around €35 million. It's our most expensive Spanish signing but no way above €40 million.

Well presumably Khedira and Casemiro will leave. I guess if they do want Can then he will take the place of those two.

I'm pretty sure we are negotiating a contract extension for Khedira.

Casemiro and Morata are the guys on the way out, and then probably a Ozil-like sale as well if we get Suarez.

Could be Pepe or Marcelo but those 2 can't bring in €30 million per player.

GorillaJu

Third place matches tend to be fun in the world cup. Less on the line but still bragging rights to play for. They're less cagey and more exciting. Uruguay v Germany was great in 2010.

God Spain was incredible then in the most boring fucking way. Like an Anderson Silva fight.

pulga

Banned
Florentino has repeatedly said Di Maria is not for sale, so stop wanking over him, muppets.

And we're certaintly not getting rid of BOTH of our LBs ffs. We dont even have Sahin anymore to cover the position!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Florentino has repeatedly said Di Maria is not for sale, so stop wanking over him, muppets.

And we're certaintly not getting rid of BOTH of our LBs ffs. We dont even have Sahin anymore to cover the position!
As a Madrid fan, you're not allowed to call anyone muppets. Your whole club is a giant fucking muppet.

We should keep all our XI players and purchase Rakitic. If Jese starts next year with another fantastic season we wouldn't need Morata.

I don't really want Suarez, don't see him fitting in personality wise.

LegoArmo

United should have bought, Cabaye, Strootman and Fellaini at the start of last summer. Instead of chasing around Barcelona rejects. Damn it, Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom