• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Apparently we're getting rid of our current fitness coach and hiring somebody from the German national team who is supposed to be one of the best. Could be our signing of the summer given the amount of injuries our players pick up and the effect that has on our season.

Tried five guys for the first time yesterday expensive but worth it for a treat.

Ubw2pz2.jpg

GorillaJu

5 guys is great. But way too expensive. Being a Californian I have an insatiable, permanently etched-into-my-brain craving for In-n-out. I could eat it for every meal of every day if it wouldn't kill me.

FootballFan

5 guys is great. But way too expensive. Being a Californian I have an insatiable, permanently etched-into-my-brain craving for In-n-out. I could eat it for every meal of every day if it wouldn't kill me.

Trust me Pete, too much of anything gets boring.

You'd be sick of it after 4 weeks or so.

subtles

In-n-out is incredible. I've yet to eat at Five Guys as I always settle for it instead.

GorillaJu

Trust me Pete, too much of anything gets boring.

You'd be sick of it after 4 weeks or so.

Last time I went back to the states I had in n out almost every day (probs 5 times a week) for about 3 weeks. God damn do I miss it.

And those yellow chili peppers—I asked for them way back before other people even knew they existed /hipster

sohois

There's an In-n-out knockoff in my city; eaten there a few times.

Maybe the real thing has some secret ingredient that they can't replicate, but the imitation is just ok.

Salazar

Retweeted by Bob Cass
Busby Babes ‏@BusbySnakeHips 24m
@Bob_Cass @WayneRooney For all the players that get deemed world class etc there's not many as selfless has Rooney's proved to be.

8C5W5T2.gif

GorillaJu

There's an In-n-out knockoff in my city; eaten there a few times.

Maybe the real thing has some secret ingredient that they can't replicate, but the imitation is just ok.

The real thing is good because the ingredients are good. I can't imagine an imitation being decent, because it'd require the same attention to quality ingredients. Otherwise it'd just be a slightly fresher fast food burger.

sohois

The real thing is good because the ingredients are good. I can't imagine an imitation being decent, because it'd require the same attention to quality ingredients. Otherwise it'd just be a slightly fresher fast food burger.

Sure, I'd imagine that does play a role, but in the end it's just a fast food burger. They're not exactly putting Wagyu beef into the burgers, how much higher quality can they really achieve on a similar tiny budget?

Lightning

Banned
Apparently we're getting rid of our current fitness coach and hiring somebody from the German national team who is supposed to be one of the best. Could be our signing of the summer given the amount of injuries our players pick up and the effect that has on our season.
I really want this to be true. I read it earlier but don't want to get too excited until it's all signed and confirmed. Would be great though.

Walshy

Apparently, a reliable newspaper in Switzerland, 20 Minuten are reporting that Liverpool are close to signing Xherdan Shaqiri. Within the article it says that his brother and agent have contacted Bayern about joining Liverpool in the summer.

Probably not true, but considering Kicker, which are fairly reliable ran a similar story, it could have some credibility.

TeddyBoy

Not too bothered tbh if that's the case. It'd have been nice to get Rodgers' first choice, but without the tax for being English, there's no way he's worth £20m+.

Agreed, his price and reluctance to put in a transfer request have out me off Lallana a lot. I'm sure Shaqiri would be an excellent signing if we signed him.

I don't think it's this 'one or the other' scenario which the media is portraying.

They are two different players, not similar at all.

Your right they aren't similar, it just seemed they were both a little too good to be rotated and I wasn't sure if they'd sign without agreeing to be a first team regular.

Still not convinced its one or the other, despite what has been reported. Two very different players.

It makes sense for us to say that though, because it puts more pressure on Southampton and Lallana as the Shaqiri deal progresses.

I didn't think of this from Southampton's perspective, I guess it depends on what they ultimately want. Do they want Lallana to stay or do they want cash to better the academy and strengthen other areas of the team?

Tony Evans claimed that Liverpool would spend £70mil plus player sales this window. I think there is enough of a budget to afford both Lallana and Shaqiri with that kind of money.

I think we could afford both, but I don't want us to replace the entire team. We still came second last year with a young squad, we don't need that many more people.

Also, ten LiverpoolGAF posts in a row, total domination.

Feorax

Well, I guess we gave up on Lallana.

Still not convinced its one or the other, despite what has been reported. Two very different players.

It makes sense for us to say that though, because it puts more pressure on Southampton and Lallana as the Shaqiri deal progresses.

subtles

I was about to say what Walshy essentially did just now. I've heard it mentioned numerous times that the two deals are separate and that we want to bring both players in.

bjaelke

Tony Evans claimed that Liverpool would spend £70mil plus player sales this window. I think there is enough of a budget to afford both Lallana and Shaqiri with that kind of money.

But remember that we're also buying Fabregas, Moreno, Aurier, Can, Sanchez, Keita, Lovren, Bertrand, Carvalho and Ogenyi Onazi.

Oh and probably Konoplyanka.

So we really have to get a good price for Aspas.

But remember that we're also buying Fabregas, Moreno, Aurier, Can, Sanchez, Keita, Lovren, Bertrand, Carvalho and Ogenyi Onazi.

Oh and probably Konoplyanka.

So we really have to get a good price for Aspas.

How about Salah while you're at it? Wanted him less than 6 months ago, remember? You might even get Moses in the deal as a bonus.

subtles

Do you think we can sell Aspas to Madrid for the money they're willing to bid on Suarez? Perhaps under the guise that he's the Spanish Suarez?

Walshy

I was about to say what Walshy essentially did just now. I've heard it mentioned numerous times that the two deals are separate and that we want to bring both players in.
I just don't think the players are similar, at all. Shaqiri would compete with Sterling or Sturridge for a wide position, Lallana would compete with Coutinho for the position in front of Henderson + Gerrard.

As sohois mentioned, Tony Evans seems to think we have £70m to spend plus player sales. We could potentially get £40m in player sales imo.

sohois

How about Salah while you're at it? Wanted him less than 6 months ago, remember? You might even get Moses in the deal as a bonus.

Well if Liverpool wanted him then you could probably pawn him off on Tottenham easily enough.

Also TeddyBoy, I don't really think Liverpool are close to replacing the whole team. Liverpool had 16 players make more than 10 starts, and only 18 make more than 10 appearances, including Moses, Aspas, Cissokho and Toure. Liverpool could easily add a few more players and not change the first 11. Just consider shaqiri to replace Moses

subtles

I just don't think the players are similar, at all. Shaqiri would compete with Sterling or Sturridge for a wide position, Lallana would compete with Coutinho for the position in front of Henderson + Gerrard.

As sohois mentioned, Tony Evans seems to think we have £70m to spend plus player sales. We could potentially get £40m in player sales imo.
The rest of my comment is an addition on my own part to what you already said (and I wanted to say) about them being different players, I was not implying that was your point.

£40m in player sales would be dandy but I can't see it happening, unfortunately.

Are you actually serious with this - as in, Chelsea fans don't like what they've seen of Salah?

Said it since day one. He will never be good enough, at best he was a fun signing to annoy Liverpool, at worst he will be yelling anti semitic stuff at Roman in a years time.

Feorax

It will be interesting to see what happens when Real approach Suarez this year and ask him to start agitating for a move.

Given his comments in Uruguay early last summer, they quite obviously did it last year, and then decided to go after Bale instead, leaving Suarez looking a complete tit. I'd be surprised if he went along with it all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom