• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

^
According to a Turkish journalist, Balo has reached an agreement with Galatasaray: 4.5m euros per season for him, €20m+€7m in bonuses for Milan.

Let's make it 30m and we have a deal Mancio.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why in the world would he play for Mancini again???

Yen

Really enjoying Silicon Valley
8P9wz8L.gif

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why in the world would he play for Mancini again???

Well, Mancini was the one who brought him in Serie A, the first important manager he ever had, the one who helped him in England at first and so on.

I mean, Mancini has kind of a big spot in Balo's life. This doesn't mean that he'll win the Balon d'Or just because he's back under Mancini, I think that they'll get along for a few months, maybe even a year, then every problem that they had in Manchester will come back.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Like Cassano. And Niang.

It's funny how some people think that Balo will be our most important player in the WC. We'll be lucky if he plays a decent game against Costa Rica, let alone help Italy in a significant way.

That's EXACTLY what's going to happen. And for some reason we're the only ones saying this Lucifer.

WAKE UP PEOPLE
morata will look beautiful in bianconero baby, i have a feeling he'll become world class if madrid sanctions the move
the lack of capitalization pleases me, because you KNOW Morata is garbage. DON'T SELL US GARBAGE YOU FUCKS

LegoArmo

I don't even know who Ronny Deila is, but I'll be so happy if Celtic get an actually good coach instead of "erm he used to support/play for Celtic, so why not" sort of pick.

Meier

According to a Turkish journalist, Balo has reached an agreement with Galatasaray: 4.5m euros per season for him, €20m+€7m in bonuses for Milan.

Let's make it 30m and we have a deal Mancio.

City get 10% of the sell-on value and have a first right of refusal but apparently we aren't interested. Turkish transfers seem kind of hit or miss in terms of actually happening. City have had a ton of players linked over the past few years and it's never happened. It seems like a lot of guys don't want to play there even with the low tax rates and high wages.

pulga

Banned
That's EXACTLY what's going to happen. And for some reason we're the only ones saying this Lucifer.

WAKE UP PEOPLE
the lack of capitalization pleases me, because you KNOW Morata is garbage. DON'T SELL US GARBAGE YOU FUCKS

pls, Morata has heaps of potential. He's just trying waaaay too hard in Madrid to be the next Raul, and it's clearly affecting his game

bud

BPzS0sN.png

Tony’s role in overseeing the players’ fitness and conditioning is a crucial one, and has been throughout his 13 years with the Club.

An expert in football-specific fitness, he draws up detailed, tailored plans for every player before and during each season, as well as undertaking long hours of rehab work with injured first-team squad members. Many players have been quick to praise his attention to detail and guiding influence upon their recoveries from long-term injury.

His work has helped make Arsenal one of the fittest sides in Europe, something borne out each season by the number of late goals the team scores. Prior to joining the Gunners early in Arsène Wenger’s reign, Tony worked with a wide range of different sportspeople and gained vast experience in the field.

He will be instrumental once more this season as Arsenal seek to steal a march on their rivals through the quality of treatment all their players receive.

uIkhGNP.png

Meier

Posted? Ouch, poor Lukaku!
ZURICH -- FIFA has wiped Belgium's 5-1 win against Luxembourg from the record books because coach Marc Wilmots used too many substitutes in last week's World Cup warm-up match.

FIFA rules allow a maximum of six substitutes in friendlies, and Wilmots used seven.

Forward Romelu Lukaku's hat trick and Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj's international debut in the May 26 match in Genk no longer count. Backup goalkeeper Sammy Bossut's debut also is erased.

The result will not count toward the FIFA rankings being updated on Friday.

Belgium is currently No. 12.

Wilmots made five changes at halftime, a sixth in the 61st minute, and officially broke the rules in the 77th when defender Jan Vertonghen was replaced by Nicolas Lombaerts.
http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/1861189/belgium-win-wiped-from-records-after-7-subs-used

omgkitty

I would say our players are in good shape and we don't tend to look as tired as some other teams towards the end of games. You could see it in the FA Cup final. Obviously he's doing something wrong though since we have a lot of injuries.

Marc

HEEEY Yooous GUUUYS!!

You seen the collection of songs picked by some of the England players for some charity album... I am so out of touch with modern songs, think I heard of 3-4 of them. This list any good?

Frank Lampard - Pompeii by Bastille
Wayne Rooney - Ho Hey by The Lumineers
Jack Wilshere - Money on My Mind by Sam Smith
Gary Cahill - Love Me Again by John Newman
Phil Jones - I Got U by Duke Dumont feat Jax Jones
Steven Gerrard - Wake Me Up by Avicii
Glen Johnson - La La La by Naughty Boy
Rickie Lambert - Counting Stars by One Republic
Raheem Sterling - Started From The Bottom by Drake
Danny Welbeck - Blk & Blu by Chase & Status
Ross Barkley - What I Might Do by Ben Pearce
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Antenna by Fuse ODG
Daniel Sturridge - This Is What It Feels Like by Banks
Chris Smalling - Turn Back Time by Sub Focus
Joe Hart - Sonnentanz by Klangkarussel
Michael Carrick - Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
James Milner - I Could Be The One by Avicii
Tom Cleverley - You and Me by Disclosure

Sounds like Woy is putting a bunch of players out of position tonight, bit pointless then.

pulga

Banned
I've probably only seen him play for 90mins in total, but I agree with you.

he's so desperate to fight his way into a starting spot that he insists on trying to do wonder goals in order to impress, but he fucking misses them so his confidence continues to deteriorate. it was sad to see cristiano scream at him after morata went with the solo play and miss instead of sharing the ball

time away from madrid will be fantastic for him.

3Sixty

HEEEY Yooous GUUUYS!!

You seen the collection of songs picked by some of the England players for some charity album... I am so out of touch with modern songs, think I heard of 3-4 of them. This list any good?

Lampard to Portsmouth confirmed.

wedward

I would say our players are in good shape and we don't tend to look as tired as some other teams towards the end of games. You could see it in the FA Cup final. Obviously he's doing something wrong though since we have a lot of injuries.

Apparently he just runs players into the ground to get their fitness back.

HEEEY Yooous GUUUYS!!

Sounds like Woy is putting a bunch of players out of position tonight, bit pointless then.

I think you'd recognise most of them if you heard them

D_prOdigy

HEEEY Yooous GUUUYS!!

Michael pls leave.

Nice to have Costa official.

Our moves are really going to pickup once the WC is over. I hope Lukuka stays.

not official yet. Just papers saying he has passed his medical but with the BBC being one of them I believe! Going to get a Hazard home shirt to go with my Hazard Belgium shirt in the post and also a Costa away shirt!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pls, Morata has heaps of potential. He's just trying waaaay too hard in Madrid to be the next Raul, and it's clearly affecting his game
Perez wants a buyback clause after one season

LISTEN

tumblr_inline_mv35fp2pj71re3w10.gif

WE AINT SPURS OKAY. WE DONT DO ONE-SIDED RELATIONSHIPS

UNLESS ITS SKEWED IN OUR FAVOUR

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's going to be a long fucking summer, isn't it? Even with the WC as a distraction from all the muppetry.

I bought Azzurri shirts for my family and friends. Which basically means Italy is crashing out in the group stages BECAUSE OF COURSE

GQman2121

Banned
not official yet. Just papers saying he has passed his medical but with the BBC being one of them I believe! Going to get a Hazard home shirt to go with my Hazard Belgium shirt in the post and also a Costa away shirt!

The BBC is always my measuring stick when it comes to transfers. If it's on their front page, it's a done deal!

I'm also getting the Hazard home shirt. I want to do Zouma away, but obviously have to wait and see on that.

Both of the shirts look good. Adidas has been kind to us the last few seasons.

Jq1sTbw.jpg

zbvEWCg.jpg

Marc

Lampard to Portsmouth confirmed.

Napoli a bit more likely, Lampard could buy Portsmouth with his lunch money I would guess. Although, so could I.

A saints fan should sacrifice himself for the greater good, pretend to be rich, buy the club and declare bankruptcy to close the club forever. Then sell the movie rights for millions and live like a king, getting offered free pints throughout Southampton.

I think you'd recognise most of them if you heard them

I would be surprised if I could, I don't listen to the radio, barely watch TV and mostly listen to older stuff.

Going to give them all a listen tonight, was hoping to find a playlist on youtube but no joy.

L1NETT

Marc they are all the most bland commercial radio electro/pop

Milner's song is parody levels of boring

Guarantee you would have heard some

Hixx

The Mancs have the decent taste.

Steven Gerrard m8 wot r u doin

King_Moc

Banned
HEEEY Yooous GUUUYS!!

Fuck me. What a boring list of shite. Would have loved it though if out of nowhere, Sterling's was Sonic Youth's 'Kill Yr Idols'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom