• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Salva, pls. You need a RB, DM and ST first and foremost.

Schneiderlin, Aurier and Remy.

Arsene doesn't always buy based on need. If a great player becomes available that he wants he will buy him.

If Chelsea get Fabregas then Wenger will have effectively gifted them the title the same way he gifted it to United a couple years ago with RVP and for the first time I will have to seriously reconsider my rabidly pro-Wenger stance.

bud

so mourinho sold mata because he preferred oscar.... only to buy fabregas a season later?

he will never win a trophy again. he's done.

I'm surprised GOT doesn't get spoiled more often from people referring to characters in the past tense.

That's the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid

It's made complicated by the fact that there are 3 general groups now, people caught up on the books, people caught up on the show, and people who are caught up with neither but still don't want anything spoiled

Salvadora

Genuinely couldn't give a fuck what Arsenal need, if a world-class, ex-talisman of the club becomes available for £27m then you buy no questions asked.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is in all likelihood lost to serious injury.

If Wilshere isn't broken now he is in the near future.

pulga

Banned
Marca holding a poll asking readers if Benzema should be sold to make room for Suarez.

I don't wanna sell him either, can we keep them both for a season and see how it works out?
3AQmK.gif

david luiz transferred to psg...

I know that, but he wrote "Luiz" when the Atletico LB is "Luis". Plus the Valencia mention whilst we're talking about Tony choking a bitch. It's late, brah.

omgkitty

Look what just happened to Chambo. Imagine that happening to Ramsey in the middle of our season. Don't want to have to loan players like Kallstrom anymore.

Oh you mean like how it already did happen last season and we lost the league after being in 1st for most of the season?

wedward

I am at peace. No matter what happens.

This train is moving ahead full steam. Cesc hopped off. No getting back on.

unless you are Flamini

so mourinho sold mata because he preferred oscar.... only to buy fabregas a season later?

he will never win a trophy again. he's done.

Hopefully Oscar is sold if PSG offers crazy money or used mostly as a bench player from now on. Saving himself for the world cup the way he did was disgraceful.

Marc

Can't stop playing the UFC demo, any of you guys tried it out?

Some of the animations crack me up.

I don't think Fabregas is a priority.

He was a Moyes target last summer and LvG doesn't seem interested. Pretty reasonable to me.

Fabregas is exactly the player Man United have been missing for like 8 years now.

Ridiculous.

Show Stannis is boring as fuck. Book Stannis is a hilarious character.

Blackfish better be in season 5.

Weird, I think the opposite. :D

The whole timeline is weird now compared to the books, hopefully they talk about him in the next few episodes to set it up.

Yeaargh, next season and
the Iron Born
... not to mention all the food they're going to have to fit in. Close ups of some beans, slow motion potato's, panoramic shot of some bread.

GoT tiny spoiler: Anyone else find
Tyrion
massively overrated as a character?

In terms of being by far the best character in the show? Yeah, I would go along with that. Still one of the best but not my personal favourite. In the show I think Bronn is better.

pulga

Banned
GAF is astounding to how little common sense some members possess. "GAF, my flatmate doesnt want to pay rent anymore, what do I do?"

You need a fucking forum to tell you what you need to do in a situation like that? Fucking hell.

L1NETT

The "GAF... I just walked out and abandoned a job interview. FML." thread in OT.... hahahahahhahaha wow

What a complete turnip

I still never get the folks who go, "hey, i've made a potentially big life choice/decision. Better make a gaf thread about it!"

kharma45

GAF is astounding to how little common sense some members possess. "GAF, my flatmate doesnt want to pay rent anymore, what do I do?"

You need a fucking forum to tell you what you need to do in a situation like that? Fucking hell.

Half the OT threads baffle me. I don't know how half the people on here survive in the real world, they all come across as totally fucking inept.

Mourinho is certainly getting things done. No excuses.

It's not an excuse - things should be getting done.

Just the idea that LvG is somehow the problem here is foolish. We are a very dysfunctional club and have just changed manager.

People kidding themselves if they thought things would be smooth.

Surely officials related to transfer activity should have their holidays outside of the periods where transfers are getting done

Couple of journos were saying that this time just before the WC is when alot of people (agents/journos/officials) take their leave cos nothing will happen so soon to the WC - things kick off once the WC gets going.

I mean I don't know - I'd prefer nobody to be on leave, but apparently that's the situation.

Marc

The "GAF... I just walked out and abandoned a job interview. FML." thread in OT.... hahahahahhahaha wow

Meh, I have walked out on interviews.

Although I am never out of a job when I have the interviews so completely different scenario as I don't 'need' it. I remember one time an agent 'head hunted' me for a job, told me very little about it other than I was perfect and they were willing to pay a lot of money. So turn up and it has absolutely nothing to do with my CV, flat out ask the manager if he had even read my CV and reckons it didn't matter and that "it could work" or something. So I ask him if he ever considered that maybe I didn't want to do a job completely different to what I had experience in. Seriously didn't understand what I was saying and how someone might not want the role, shook his hand and walked out.

I'm terrible at interviews, always get anxious and panic for no reason. Awful at selling myself, find it so cringe worthy and if you brag about how great you are then you're a cunt. If you don't brag then you're probably crap. Can't win.

The World Cup guide from Whoscored.com is pretty nice. And Messi still walking around the pitch.

Argentina fans will not be nearly as forgiving of him doing that as Barca fans are. He's not that good for Argentina that he should be in the team even when quarter-fit, as he seemed to be for Barca post-March

K1LLER7

It's not an excuse - things should be getting done.

Just the idea that LvG is somehow the problem here is foolish. We are a very dysfunctional club and have just changed manager.

People kidding themselves if they thought things would be smooth.
True.

Don't think any of United-Gaf actually believed we would sign Fabregas anyway. Don't think we will hear anything until after the world cup and after LVG has actually worked with the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom