• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

The World Cup guide from Whoscored.com is pretty nice. And Messi still walking around the pitch.

Messi always walks around, he did when he was blowing people away, he did when he was injured, he does when he doesn't play well. It's just how he is. Then he springs to life.

K1LLER7

Meh, I have walked out on interviews.

Although I am never out of a job when I have the interviews so completely different scenario as I don't 'need' it. I remember one time an agent 'head hunted' me for a job, told me very little about it other than I was perfect and they were willing to pay a lot of money. So turn up and it has absolutely nothing to do with my CV, flat out ask the manager if he had even read my CV and reckons it didn't matter and that "it could work" or something. So I ask him if he ever considered that maybe I didn't want to do a job completely different to what I had experience in. Seriously didn't understand what I was saying and how someone might not want the role, shook his hand and walked out.

I'm terrible at interviews, always get anxious and panic for no reason. Awful at selling myself, find it so cringe worthy and if you brag about how great you are then you're a cunt. If you don't brag then you're probably crap. Can't win.
Same issue here :(

BrilliantTastyBronco.gif

Scum

GAF is astounding to how little common sense some members possess. "GAF, my flatmate doesnt want to pay rent anymore, what do I do?"

You need a fucking forum to tell you what you need to do in a situation like that? Fucking hell.
YES PULGA. I've said it before - most of them don't go out to experience anything for themselves.

True.

Don't think any of United-Gaf actually believed we would sign Fabregas anyway. Don't think we will hear anything until after the world cup and after LVG has actually worked with the players.

He must have dozens of ideas already of who to try and sell, and who to bring in

2 players have definitely gone, they need replacing. Many players should be sold, they'll need replacing. Taking into account the post-WC break for the players, he won't get to work with many of them til what, July 20th? That leaves less than 6 weeks to get everything done, 2 of which will be after the season has started, when everyone wants to have had their business sorted already. And by waiting til after the world cup, you enter the jungle in which you're fighting with everone else for players, players who are quite likely to try and wait for other offers given the dismal season you had last year.

Clearly there are many circumstances which have made things difficult, chief of which is LVG being focussed on Holland, but it seems like the past fortnight has been a wasted oppurtunity in terms of it being a window where you could have got some transfers done in the most quiet part of the year.

The groundwork seems to have been laid with Shaw, so you've got one position sorted at least

K1LLER7

He must have dozens of ideas already of who to try and sell, and who to bring in

2 players have definitely gone, they need replacing. Many players should be sold, they'll need replacing. Taking into account the post-WC break for the players, he won't get to work with many of them til what, July 20th? That leaves less than 6 weeks to get everything done, 2 of which will be after the season has started, when everyone wants to have had their business sorted already. And by waiting til after the world cup, you enter the jungle in which you're fighting with everone else for players, players who are quite likely to try and wait for other offers given the dismal season you had last year.

Clearly there are many circumstances which have made things difficult, chief of which is LVG being focussed on Holland, but it seems like the past fortnight has been a wasted oppurtunity in terms of it being a window where you could have got some transfers done in the most quiet part of the year.

The groundwork seems to have been laid with Shaw, so you've got one position sorted at least
Would have hoped things could be done early similar to how Chelsea are wrapping deals up. Under Fergie, he wanted his players signed before the pre-season tours if possible, but then again, its not likely in a WC season.

They may already have things in place but I guess nobody had a clue on who these players will be, bar Shaw. Kinda worried because of what Bayern-Gaf said about LvG and his transfers dealings in the past. Also, if he does look to go Dutch, not really sure which midfielders he could get. The midfielders don't look too strong and we need massive improvements in that area.

operon

I like to think that they actually know what to do it's just attention they are looking for when they post the i have a lump on my anus what do I do thread

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
GAF is astounding to how little common sense some members possess. "GAF, my flatmate doesnt want to pay rent anymore, what do I do?"

You need a fucking forum to tell you what you need to do in a situation like that? Fucking hell.

I expect a "GAF, my house is on fire, what do I do?" anytime soon.

How come Chelsea is so fast when it comes to buying players?

Costa was tapped up well before the end of the season, nobody else wants Fabregas, and they have more money to spend on transfer fees & wages, and more to offer (London + trophies), than the teams that are also trying to buy their targets

K1LLER7

Arsenal Gaf, THERE IS STILL HOPE

GBallague: "Cesc hasnt got a deal with Chelsea, it doesnt matter what Pique or others say. Not yet. Conversations taking place but NO DEAL YET. Not yet."

Marc

I am really struggling to believe LVG passed on Fabregas, I don't like Cesc as a person but if LVG had watched any of United over the last few years surely he would recognise him as a priority.

Even if he isn't your first choice, tie it up, get your first choice as well and improve the squad as whole. They need at least 2 great CM's anyway.

Would think Liverpool would appeal to Cesc as well and be a great fit for the team.

Same issue here :(

What I tend to do now when looking is assume the first 3 interviews I go on are a test run and just to try different things and know I am not getting them. Takes the pressure off, tend not to care and act more laid back. Last few times I ended up getting offers within those first 3 interviews.

That can backfire when it is being done by someone in HR, got asked that brilliant question of "What would you say are your biggest weaknesses?". I ended up being a sarcy twat saying "Gee, I guess I work myself too hard and try to be too much of a perfectionist." which didn't work as the guy took me seriously and made it awkward by asking a bunch of follow up's.

Arsenal Gaf, THERE IS STILL HOPE

GBallague: "Cesc hasnt got a deal with Chelsea, it doesnt matter what Pique or others say. Not yet. Conversations taking place but NO DEAL YET. Not yet."
Lol, Balague is a hack.

It's over, Arse-GAF. Just accept it, I already have ;_;

wedward

Lol, Balague is a hack.

It's over, Arse-GAF. Just accept it, I already have ;_;

"Mourinho is very clear in his ideas of how he likes to play football. The manager has a lot of confidence in me and I am looking forward to this new challenge." - Cesc Fabregas, the day football died.

so mourinho sold mata because he preferred oscar.... only to buy fabregas a season later?

he will never win a trophy again. he's done.

He sold Mata because he was lazy and wasn't prepared to do as he was asked. Oscar then proceeded to be a dickhead and save himself for the world cup.

Last bit is some lovely hyperbole though, might put my cereal in that.

Im still not 100% convinced we'll sign him. Other papers saying Jose doesn't want him and I suspect Fabregas will partner Matic unless we sell Oscar (which wouldn't surprise me)

FuturusX

Ok bud. Believe in some beef you created in your mind.

Wenger doesn't seem the type to hold a grudge.

a) I'm joking

b )I'm joking

Did I mention I was joking. Who knows what goes on inside of Arsenal Football Club - bar penny pinching and plans for new real estate development.

K1LLER7

I am really struggling to believe LVG passed on Fabregas, I don't like Cesc as a person but if LVG had watched any of United over the last few years surely he would recognise him as a priority.

Even if he isn't your first choice, tie it up, get your first choice as well and improve the squad as whole. They need at least 2 great CM's anyway.

Would think Liverpool would appeal to Cesc as well and be a great fit for the team.

What I tend to do now when looking is assume the first 3 interviews I go on are a test run and just to try different things and know I am not getting them. Takes the pressure off, tend not to care and act more laid back. Last few times I ended up getting offers within those first 3 interviews.

That can backfire when it is being done by someone in HR, got asked that brilliant question of "What would you say are your biggest weaknesses?". I ended up being a sarcy twat saying "Gee, I guess I work myself too hard and try to be too much of a perfectionist." which didn't work as the guy took me seriously and made it awkward by asking a bunch of follow up's.
Took a similar approach to my last interview. Had exams coming up and wasn't really expecting to get called for an interview. Wasn't a main priority at that time so did some basic research on the company and rolled with it. Wasn't too bothered if I got it or not. Ultimately, felt less nervous and recieved better feedback compared to other interviews. Didn't get it in the end as they took the other candidate who had more experience in that role, but I felt I improved.

On the weakness question, I usually say I had previous weakness in relation to giving presentations, however throughout Uni, I've worked on the aspect through giving countless presentations (insert example) and ultimately it's now turning into a strength.

Yeah Fabregas to Chelsea is going to be weird. Don't really know how he's going to fit in unless we play 4-3-3 and even then I'd rather get Pogba or Koke.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah Fabregas to Chelsea is going to be weird. Don't really know how he's going to fit in unless we play 4-3-3 and even then I'd rather get Pogba or Koke.

Koke is the only untouchable on Atletico de Madrid.... I think they'll sell everyone off but him if they had a choice...

Cappa

Banned

Cappa

Banned
PSG players likely out are Cavani, Marquinhos(barca), and they only were signed last year which is nuts...... who knows what else is available.

I'm already preparing for disappointment this summer.

Netherlands out in the group stages again
No good Arsenal signings
LVG bringing all the young Dutch Feyenoord players with him to Manchester

Going to start stockpiling booze tomorrow.

Lightning

Banned
I'm already preparing for disappointment this summer.

Netherlands out in the group stages again
No good Arsenal signings
LVG bringing all the young Dutch Feyenoord players with him to Manchester

Going to start stockpiling booze tomorrow.
Yep. Add my favourite player going to Chelsea and things couldn't get much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom