• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wFcmVXP.gif

GQman2121

Banned
How come Chelsea is so fast when it comes to buying players?

Once a player is identified by the boss....

...these two speak to.....

...this guy about money and contracts and all that boring shit....

...who tells this women.....

....that adding said player would be a good idea. She then presents their entire case to this guy....

....and monies in the from of black gold are exchanged and the club store begins pressing shirts.

That's it in a nutshell.

hiroshawn

Banned
Anyone have a Wii U?
Mine isn't broadcasting to the television via HDMI. I will see if component works when I get home but has anyone have this problem?

GQman2121

Banned
So what does Emenalo do?! And who is the second one down?

Emenalo is not on our board like the four people that I listed, but he does have Roman's ear as a talent scout (likely involved with the reports linking us to Jurgen Damm). You'll notice he's no longer on the bench like he was a few years ago. He's in the stands either behind the players or up in the box with the executives. I've heard that he's a key person in making sure our youngers are "felt loved" and keeps close with their families.

The second guy is Eugene Tenenbaum, who manages a number of Roman's companies and has overseen his fiances on a number of huge deals for years. He's basically a high powered accountant. Whenever anything involving FFP or clauses involving money comes up, this is the guy that is in the meetings. He has nothing to do with the actual club other than making sure the money end of any deal is what is best for all involved.

Emenalo is not on our board like the four people that I listed, but he does have Roman's ear as a talent scout (likely involved with the reports linking us to Jurgen Damm). You'll notice he's no longer on the bench like he was a few years ago. He's in the stands either behind the players or up in the box with the executives. I've heard that he's a key person in making sure our youngers are "felt loved" and keeps close with their families.

The second guy is Eugene Tenenbaum, who manages a number of Roman's companies and has overseen his fiances on a number of huge deals for years. He's basically a high powered accountant. Whenever anything involving FFP or clauses involving money comes up, this is the guy that is in the meetings. He has nothing to do with the actual club other than making sure the money end of any deal is what is best for all involved.

Ah, I knew of Tenenbaum just never seen a picture. Thanks for the details, I knew Emenalo had to do something..!

cremino

So we drew against Luxembourg LOL bunch of lazy cunts!!
I bet Prandelli still don't know with which formation Italy will play

Turok_TTZ

That Thacker thread...

I can't

lmao

I just posted in it. I'm currrently jobless but the last contract I had I made a significant amount of money protecting some PoS from getting beat up.

I make enough money not to worry about being jobless. Only time I look to get work is if A: I near not having enough money for bills or B: My wife wants something and she doesn't want to pay for it. Usually B. Oh I do like getting my end of the bargain.

Lol Italy. Lol England. Uruguay and Costa Rica to progress from the group.

Also, fuck Galliani. Fucking Menez? Really? Getting real hard to be enthusiastic about my team. Club needs to get fucking sold like, yesterday.

cremino

No excuses for Prandelli.. We're much better than in 2010..
He also said that we will play possession football....Nevermind we are shit against team like Luxembourg

I just posted in it. I'm currrently jobless but the last contract I had I made a significant amount of money protecting some PoS from getting beat up.

I make enough money not to worry about being jobless. Only time I look to get work is if A: I near not having enough money for bills or B: My wife wants something and she doesn't want to pay for it. Usually B. Oh I do like getting my end of the bargain.

....are you a gangster?

Smeghead

He also said that we will play possession football....Nevermind we are shit against team like Luxembourg
Wouldn't look into friendlies too much, we tend to play down to our opponents.

Start off shit, peak in the tournament, innit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a Wii U?
Mine isn't broadcasting to the television via HDMI. I will see if component works when I get home but has anyone have this problem?
Yeah that happened to me once, think I fixed it by going to settings and then tinkering with the tv settings, try that.

Meier

Melbourne Heart are officially Melbourne City FC now. David Villa will go on loan there and play 10 games from the start of the season until their break in January.

New badge:

00090757-leadimage.jpg

They're not going to get to play in sky blue due to another team in the league using a similar color scheme already. Fans were not happy with the possibility of a color change as well.

omgkitty

Anyone else think City going around buying a bunch of clubs in other countries seems kinda fishy? Also the fact that they essentially blocked the Cosmos from getting into MLS really pisses me off.

Omikron

Melbourne Heart are officially Melbourne City FC now. David Villa will go on loan there and play 10 games from the start of the season until their break in January.

New badge:

00090757-leadimage.jpg

They're not going to get to play in sky blue due to another team in the league using a similar color scheme already. Fans were not happy with the possibility of a color change as well.

New kits:

Meier

Anyone else think City going around buying a bunch of clubs in other countries seems kinda fishy? Also the fact that they essentially blocked the Cosmos from getting into MLS really pisses me off.

The Cosmos didn't get into MLS because they wanted to build a stadium outside the city and didn't want to pay the $100m licensing fee presumably. Their loss, MLS' gain frankly. NYCFC will be huge for the league.

I don't really see anything bad about it. It's frankly pretty damn smart to spread the brand -- that's the goal, the biggest club in the world some day. For the record, Arsenal are heavily rumored to be buying Chivas USA and rebranding them as the LA Gunners.

The Cosmos didn't get into MLS because they wanted to build a stadium outside the city and didn't want to pay the $100m licensing fee presumably. Their loss, MLS' gain frankly. NYCFC will be huge for the league.

I don't really see anything bad about it. It's frankly pretty damn smart to spread the brand -- that's the goal, the biggest club in the world some day. For the record, Arsenal are heavily rumored to be buying Chivas USA and rebranding them as the LA Gunners.

That won't happen by just creating a franchise, It will help the brand but that means nothing if you can't perform in European football.

wedward

Yes. Everything they do comes off as phony.

The inferiority complex shines through.

Wouldn't look into friendlies too much, we tend to play down to our opponents.

Start off shit, peak in the tournament, innit.

Pretty much this. I am not worried, why show everything we got before the World Cup? I think Fantantonio played himself into the starting 11. This team is one of the best passing teams in the world. Motta, Pirlo, Verratti, Bonucci, Chiellini, De Rossi are all amazing passers, but what we lack is that penetrating ball that Cassano can provide.
If Totti was at the World Cup we would win every game 5-0

Is it just me or did Pirlo look fucking dead today? Pretty sure I can run faster.

Pirlo was very sloppy with his passing, but it looked like most of the team were playing at 50%. Nobody was really giving it their all except, Marchisio who made good runs into the box.

I think Candreva and Abate need to fuck off. Candreva for Cassano and Darmian had a much better season than Abate and a good performance against Ireland.

I am so pumped. 10 days till we play England and start our journey to the 5th star.

Derp1na

Banned

Yeah, you really have to wonder when it's going to end.

GQman2121

Banned

I think it's incredible that they're going to be playing at Yankee stadium. Our preseason game with PSG two years ago was the first football match held in the new park and I was surprised how well the pitch fit into the design of the stands. There are basically no bad seats. You're right on top of the action from all sides.

If the team takes off I wouldn't be surprised if they try and work something out to build a proper stadium on the baseball diamonds where the old stadium stood.

Meier

That won't happen by just creating a franchise, It will help the brand but that means nothing if you can't perform in European football.

Absolutely -- it's a long-term plan. You build the brand, continue to build revenue, continue to improve the squad and results come over time.

I think it's incredible that they're going to be playing at Yankee stadium. Our preseason game with PSG two years ago was the first football match held in the new park and I was surprised how well the pitch fit into the design of the stands. There are basically no bad seats. You're right on top of the action from all sides.

If the team takes off I wouldn't be surprised if they try and work something out to build a proper stadium on the baseball diamonds where the old stadium stood.

Yep, it's pretty incredible that they've turned what was an unfortunate thing (new mayor fucking them on the stadium) into a positive. Yankee Stadium is over all of the advertising. I can't wait to see City play Liverpool there next month! It's going to be amazing.

L1NETT

And that's when I lose interest

You'll be in it don't worry. Renamed to the Liverpool Reds.

Liverpool will have their franchised teams in each of the four corners of the globe. Liverpool USA vs USA Manchester for the Soccer Superbowl. Such fun

The top four teams in the European Super league will get to play in the UEFA Club finals in Qatar.

I have forseen the future

The American league system is coming.

Man City will be the biggest team in the world over my fucking dead body. You need a massive fanbase, and a few eras of self-funded European and domestic glory for that to occur.

rodvik

Man City will be the biggest team in the world over my fucking dead body. You need a massive fanbase, and a few eras of self-funded European and domestic glory for that to occur.

It can happen though. Successful teams bring in more new fans and previously small clubs can become big ones. I do not resent Man City. They have always been a good traditional club and I think the investment of their new owners has been generous and well advised for the long term.

Interesting thought though. Which team right now, that isnt, could be the next super club?

$200

Banned

New badge:

00090757-leadimage.jpg

Huge.

Brisbane will still win next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom