• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bunch of supporters that highly enjoys booing their own players, even when they're winning... I think you can expect it to get nasty.
All that money they pay...all for a great disappearing act...and now for my final trick!

tumblr_myblryqbhb1s9s4yeo1_500.jpg

L1NETT

But Cesc Fabregas is (was) an icon, whereas Van Persie was only a favoured personnel.

Eh he'll probably get lots of boos and people writing strongly worded emails from their three grand private box

Especially if he goes to Chelsea

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I had to write the report for Kagawa under "players to watch" for the WC thread, hardest fucking thing ive ever had to do given how middling and disappointing he is. Turns out hes just as bad for his country, but Japan isnt awash with huge names to put on that list. I think I used the word "potential" 10 times.

Norway pls hahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnkbdUJzJAk

I had to write the report for Kagawa under "players to watch" for the WC thread, hardest fucking thing ive ever had to do given how middling and disappointing he is. Turns out hes just as bad for his country, but Japan isnt awash with huge names to put on that list. I think I used the word "potential" 10 times.

I had to pick an Inter player for Algeria!

Belgium is full of Chelsea players... Who mostly hasn't played for Chelsea yet.
dwgirIQ.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
But Cesc Fabregas is (was) an icon, whereas Van Persie was only a favoured personnel.

Eh he'll probably get lots of boos and people writing strongly worded emails from their three grand private box

Especially if he goes to Chelsea

If its true he wanted to come to Arsenal and they backed off he should get the reception he deserves, which is the same one Ronaldo gets when he comes back to OT, a standing ovation. Players moving to their dream club when its already been established that it is their dream and not some opportunistic money/title grab should be given respect, especially when they have given so much service to their clubs.

Cesc is an Arsenal hero.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The doctor who operated on Arturo Vidal’s knee says he should not return to playing before July 7 ‘or risk a relapse’.
Arturo Vidal says that he is feeling good, and happy. He wants to play against Australia.

VIDAL WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

j6YxZFN.gif

Still need to make England's profile thingy

Which 3 would you have in players to watch? I'm thinking Rooney, Sterling and Gerrard. Gerrard because I think there's a chance he'll be exposed as not really being a fantastic DM against top quality opposition. Then again, I'm not sure Sterling will even play much. Rooney, Sturridge and Gerrard maybe?

He's actually pretty good for his country. The Kagawa the plays for Japan and played for Dortmund is different from United Kagawa.

If its true he wanted to come to Arsenal and they backed off he should get the reception he deserves, which is the same one Ronaldo gets when he comes back to OT, a standing ovation. Players moving to their dream club when its already been established that it is their dream and not some opportunistic money/title grab should be given respect, especially when they have given so much service to their clubs.

Cesc is an Arsenal hero.

Not really.

Which 3 would you have in players to watch? I'm thinking Rooney, Sterling and Gerrard. Gerrard because I think there's a chance he'll be exposed as not really being a fantastic DM against top quality opposition. Then again, I'm not sure Sterling will even play much. Rooney, Sturridge and Gerrard maybe?
Sturridge will be our best player.

Sturridge, Rooney and Sterling.

3Sixty

Lallana init

Mr Cola

I honestly dont think Roy plans to play Sterling, yesterday cant have helped his cause even if it was a joke Red, he clearly thinks he is unreliable.

Of the players that will start Rooney, Sturridge and Gerrard would be my bets, maybe Barkley but I dont see him playing and Ox is injured now.

King_Moc

Banned
Trying to avoid making it all about attackers though :p

They probably are the most intriguing players though, unless Raheem barely plays. Don't expect Barkley or Ox to play much, or at all in the latter's case.

Sturridge, Lallana and Shaw maybe?

Though I think Sterling would be more of a one to watch than Lallana, I don't see him starting.

arkon

Just leave it blank.

"Big players are always good signings," Torres told Marca. "We know Cesc, he knows the division and was always among the top players when he was at Arsenal. He likes to play good football and will offer ball control, cutting edge, and goals.

"If he's made to feel important, like a leader - like when he was at Arsenal - he can drive the team on and he's a type of player Chelsea don't have right now."

Torres was full of praise for Costa, who passed his medical at Chelsea ahead of a £32m move next month.

"He is a strong player who is good with his back to goal, someone who can mix it with defenders and offer another outlet when you're having a hard time in possession," Torres added.

"He has different attributes to our other attacking players, so he gives the coach a different option."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/313005.html#9L8FyXiA79RSK2HL.99

Torres gives no shits.

Mr Cola

Torres gives no shits.

It would be rather hilarious if Cesc did a Torres and you had two ex great players sitting on the bench twiddling their thumbs.

I dont see this happening though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mail:

Erik Lamela and Hugo Lloris will not be sold by Spurs as new boss Mauricio Pochettino refuses all offers for pair.

Napoli and Inter Milan have both tried to take Lamela back to Italy while Paris St Germain and Roma have designs on Lloris.

Yet Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino sees both as pivotal to his plans.

Argentine Lamela could finally blossom under compatriot Pochettino and is keen to finally replicate the Serie A form he showed with Roma that attracted so many suitors.

Excellent news. The fans would not have accepted a sale of our best player for the third summer in a row.

Torres gives no shits.

Sometimes I want to hate Fernando, but he always pulls me back in and I can't dislike the handsome bastard.

-----Courtois-----
Dave-Cahill-JT-Felipe Luis
--------Matic------
Willian-------Hazard
---------Cesc--------
Torres------Costa

Torres returning to his elite form with his Spanish bros around him. #Believe

Yen

I expect Rooney to not score at the WC and England to go out out in the Second Round, but that's almost a given.

King_Moc

Banned
I expect Rooney to not score at the WC and England to go out out in the Second Round, but that's almost a given.

They'll still be bigging that potato up as our great hope and first name on the team sheet afterwards no matter what.

He even pays grannies for sex! What does he need to do in order to not be guaranteed a spot???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom