• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
prediction?

Aurier
some nobody GK
some nobody striker (like Sanogo-level, not Remy-level)

if we're not actually doing the whole expensive transfer thing this summer, I would definitely take Milner. and not to play him as a fucking full back.

pulga

Banned
Did everyone see Messi's massive choke yesterday?

cj0t.gif

Poor Di Maria, all that running and dribbling for NOTHING.

Vine

edit: only gif i could find, does someone have a better one?

wedward

prediction?

Aurier
some nobody GK
some nobody striker (like Sanogo-level, not Remy-level)

if we're not actually doing the whole expensive transfer thing this summer, I would definitely take Milner. and not to play him as a fucking full back.

looooooooooooool

man, lot of pessimism.

Don't worry OMGKITTY and I will carry us through the summer.

Even if he didn't have a wife and child, who would want to live in Manchester.

Not to mention Chelsea will probably be favorites for the league with or without him.

Salvadora

Don't think jtb is being too negative, 'cept on the Sanogo front.

We'll get someone more known than that. Not much, but still.

Perhaps even Danny Welbeck.

Fuck you Wenger. I'm firmly going to stay in the fuck off Arsene camp if you don't bring in the quality we need after turning down Cesc.

Wenger you're a fucking cunt regardless though. Give all those speeches about how Cesc will one day return, how hurt you were when he left, now you do this? I'm so angry. Fucking cunt.

I hope Cesc scores the winning goal to clinch Chelsea the title and does it at the Emirates and then celebrates like mad in our faces to rub it in our faces that Wenger's a twat!

I understand your anger but if the club has a plan maybe this won't look so bad. Fabregas at Chelsea is a sickening thought.

L1NETT

What's all this Newcastle bidding for Mccormack business? Legit or not

Would be a decent signing, much as I have to dislike the bloke. Him and Rhodes would deffo do a job in the prem

omgkitty

looooooooooooool

man, lot of pessimism.

It would be one thing if we were in the last week of August, but it's fucking June 5th! THE WINDOW ISN'T EVEN OPEN YET! I was sad over Cesc, but I'm not going to sit here and cry about it. We had a good season this past year, and I think Wenger wants to win a few more trophies before he leaves.

FootballFan

Did everyone see Messi's massive choke yesterday?

cj0t.gif

Poor Di Maria, all that running and dribbling for NOTHING.

Vine

edit: only gif i could find, does someone have a better one?

"only gif I could find" as if m8.

The other angles show a GOAT tackle, but you can't find those eh :p

Luckily you won't be here to make fun of Messi choking after the WC, amirite?

Jarnet87

Rather chill about transfers right now.

Its only just turned June after all. May be a different story if we haven't signed a few by August though.

I stopped believing in any United transfer talk after April. We were supposed to have Carvalho and Shaw locked up and ready to be announced. Then we kept getting nonsense about it stalling. Stopped paying attention after that.

Goal saying Man City and Chelsea have bid 28 million pounds for Cesc. Wenger didn't want to spend more than £25 million. Penny pinching again from Mr.Wenger.

jtb

Banned
when was the last time Wenger had a plan going into a summer?

we lucked into Ozil at the very last minute of the transfer window. most of Wenger's "best" buys over the past few seasons could easily be classified as panic buys (Arteta, Mertesacker, Ozil).

that's not particularly reassuring.

pulga

Banned

"GOAT" tackle only happened because Messi is a shell of him former self and couldnt be arsed to do more than a trot. Kinda like how played this trophyless season for you sad lot :lol

Messi can't score against T&T :lol

innit, it's really pathetic! trinidad ffs!

wedward

It would be one thing if we were in the last week of August, but it's fucking June 5th! THE WINDOW ISN'T EVEN OPEN YET! I was sad over Cesc, but I'm not going to sit here and cry about it. We had a good season this past year, and I think Wenger wants to win a few more trophies before he leaves.

This is exactly my thinking.

Jtb thinks Aurier a backup keeper and a striker below Sanogo. That would cost 15-20 mil. If that is all we are going to spend he would have bought Cesc.

when was the last time Wenger had a plan going into a summer?

we lucked into Ozil at the very last minute of the transfer window. most of Wenger's "best" buys over the past few seasons could easily be classified as panic buys (Arteta, Mertesacker, Ozil).

that's not particularly reassuring.

I would imagine he goes in with a plan every summer. I'm not looking over his shoulder so I don't know.

People "luck" into players every window. That's kind of how it works. But sure, discredit him for making a great transfer because he "lucked" into it.

Barzul

looooooooooooool

man, lot of pessimism.

Not to mention Chelsea will probably be favorites for the league with or without him.

I can already hear the excuses. It was a World Cup year. Didn't want to kill Gnabry's development. Sanogo is super quality. Who needs a DM when you've got LANS Diaby.
This is truly a worst case summer scenario.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

"GOAT" tackle only happened because Messi is a shell of him former self and couldnt be arsed to do more than a trot. Kinda like how played this trophyless season for you sad lot :lol

innit, it's really pathetic! trinidad ffs!
Why won't you two just FARK off and fight on whatsapp?

jtb

Banned
This is exactly my thinking.

Jtb thinks Aurier a backup keeper and a striker below Sanogo. That would cost 15-20 mil. If that is all we are going to spend he would have bought Cesc.

actually that would cost around 10m at most. I'm imagining the keeper and the striker come in for free. and honestly, paying any kind of fee for a backup keeper is stupid anyways unless we're going to develop them as a long term number 1 (like Courtois)

If Arsenal don't sign a striker like Cavani or Falcao, this summer is a already another failure. We need at least 5 signings or I fear we might finish 5th . Unless Liverpool sell Suarez then it's 4th again.

pulga

Banned
Mourinho on Cesc: "Me interesa estudiar la situación de Fàbregas. Porque sé que está ansioso por dejar el Barça y motivado para regresar a Inglaterra. Eso está claro. Ahora bien, si firmará por el Chelsea o por otro club es un tema que no es para hoy, ni para mañana ni para antes del Mundial".

you fucks can google translate it

Why won't you two just FARK off and fight on whatsapp?

Im not fighting lol, he's the one who can't stop replying to me with "something something arent you leaving?"

yes ff, im leaving because i dont want to end up a old sad man on a videogame forum pls understand, now find something else to talk to me about cause youre getting even more boring than usual lol

wedward

Lol. I'm out of here till the world cup starts.

Crying over Cesc Fabregas. A guy who went on strike to leave the club. Paid his way out.

Calling Wenger a cunt because he didn't fulfill your sentimental dream.

Thinking we are going to spend 15 mil max.

And worst of all, taking a goal story from Wayne fucking Vesey as gospel.

And Meier continuing to act like he doesn't know what a budget is.

I can already hear the excuses. It was a World Cup year. Didn't want to kill Gnabry's development. Sanogo is super quality. Who needs a DM when you've got LANS Diaby.
This is truly a worst case summer scenario.

Sanogo is wank. He should go on a loan and come back as the new Adebayor.

pulga

Banned

Crying over Cesc Fabregas. A guy who went on strike to leave the club. Paid his way out.

well Mou confirmed the Cesc transfer isnt happening until after the WC, but then again, mind games

jtb

Banned
I would imagine he goes in with a plan every summer. I'm not looking over his shoulder so I don't know.

People "luck" into players every window. That's kind of how it works. But sure, discredit him for making a great transfer because he "lucked" into it.

Chelsea, City, even Liverpool get their deals done quickly. Spurs have no problem getting the players they want, Levy just dicks around when selling players.

we're basically sub-Woodward level of getting transfers done. and at least Woodward you can chalk up to inexperience, Wenger's been inept at transfers for the greater part of the last 5+ years.

Wenger is still the man but you have to admit he has to deliver we don't have money/stadium issues anymore.

Barzul

It's just a bit depressing to see other clubs being linked to players and from Arsenal it's just silence. What happened to wrapping up some deals early? It's not like we're City, where we can just brute force our way through with money. Maybe he's hoping some huge talents will be revealed at WC a la Ozil in 2010. I'm clinging to that.

It's just a bit depressing to see other clubs being linked to players and from Arsenal it's just silence. What happened to wrapping up some deals early? It's not like we're City, where we can just brute force our way through with money. Maybe he's hoping some huge talents will be revealed at WC a la Ozil in 2010. I'm clinging to that.

Diouf was GOAT at 2002 world cup but was wank at Liverpool. World Cup makes players raise their performances it gives a false representation of a player's true talents.

Lightning

Banned

You can relax I'm going until next season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom