• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
rip Rakitić. average player, who can only shine in a small club

He's no Modric, that's for sure.

GgWLllX.gif

Jarnet87

Did Rakitic have some crazy buyout clause before this season? From what i have read he's been a stud since coming to Sevilla. why no interest from clubs a year or two ago.

darknil

Scouting advice for big clubs. Just buy whichever striker Atletico is interested in. Bound to be a world beater at some point.

Well, Atletico was interested in Jackson Martinez (Porto) and Carlos Bacca (Sevilla) since Falcao left.

Most likely they will try to go for Bacca.

Did Rakitic have some crazy buyout clause before this season? From what i have read he's been a stud since coming to Sevilla. why no interest from clubs a year or two ago.

Yeah, €40m. This season he really kicked on too, getting plenty of goals & assists v Atleti/Barca/Real, as well as being MOTM in the Europa League final.

He only has one year left on his deal, hence the fee...

TerribleKeenDorado.gif

Meier

Yeah, €40m. This season he really kicked on too, getting plenty of goals & assists v Atleti/Barca/Real, as well as being MOTM in the Europa League final.

He only has one year left on his deal, hence the fee...

I don't believe the amount of time left on his deal was the kicker here. They definitely could have gotten far more than €20m for him -- I think they indicated they would not sell for less than his release clause. As I pointed out above, there were some rumors in the last few weeks that he had a separate clause in his deal that allowed for certain clubs to purchase him at a lesser price.

jayj306

Banned
Giggs has got the shifty eyes of someone who shagged his brother's wife. And got caught. And had it splashed all over the papers.

subtles

No one but Atlético are showing interest in Milan Badelj, so you'll probably be asking this question again in a few years.

Carbonox

Who is this Ayoze Pérez lad Newcastle have signed? Anyone seen him play?

20140605-222047-80447110.jpg

A fucking child from the Spanish second division. GG Toon you oblongs.

Supposed to be potentially decent but no one ever reaches their potential in a Newcastle shirt. He'll be shit like Luque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom