• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
if Wenger/Dick Law/etc.'s attitude to transfers is Suarez/Falcao/Cavani or bust then it's gonna be another wasted summer because they're not coming. I'm tired of hearing how "there aren't any world class strikers aren't on the market"—you can still get a good player who will score goals, and some of those players are young and could even develop into a world class player. to have a strike force of literally only Giroud? it's ridiculous.

jtb

Banned
Huh, Michael Bradley was trying to move to Arsenal back in January when they instead opted to sign (injured) Kim Kallstrom on loan. Arsene is an interesting fellow.

http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/...n-not-to-sign-michael-bradleysays-bob-bradley

I'm sure Bradley was looking for a long term move (as he should) rather than bouncing in and out of the team, in and out of various clubs as has become pretty common for Americans in Europe. This worked out best for both parties.

Bradley at Arsenal would have been a waste for everyone.

subtles

I'd like to believe we scheduled the friendly with Dortmund after agreeing a deal, in principle, for Marco Reus; pending the Suarez transfer to Madrid.
please

That or Suarez stays and we give him a taste of CL competition.

What do Dick Law and Gazidis do? Two free transfers, One first team player and one squad left-back in 2½ transfer windows is just so poor. Take transfer out of Wenger's hands like they do with Rodgers at Liverpool.

Clegg

What United really needs is a director of football. Let Woodward stick to the commercial deals and bring in someone who has actual knowledge of the managers targets and working relationships with other clubs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What United really needs is a director of football. Let Woodward stick to the commercial deals and bring in someone who has actual knowledge of the managers targets and working relationships with other clubs.
We will give you Marotta

With a forced option to buy

jtb

Banned
Aurier, Milner, Ba/Remy, Vela

if you want to do transfer window on the cheap, that would be a good shopping list imo

and since that comes out to, what, 20-30m at most? you could probably pick up Fabregas on the side for a world class addition. you can't tell me that wouldn't significantly strengthen this team and cover just about all of the holes we have without going over a 50m budget

Then I bet Panty will like this.

I don't know how I made such an amateur mistake. Autocorrect has failed me again.

CoarseBaggyBlackbuck.gif

Barzul

Aurier, Milner, Ba/Remy, Vela

if you want to do transfer window on the cheap, that would be a good shopping list imo

and since that comes out to, what, 20-30m at most? you could probably pick up Fabregas on the side for a world class addition. you can't tell me that wouldn't significantly strengthen this team and cover just about all of the holes we have without going over a 50m budget

Think we need to aim higher. Milner is not who we want at DM. Aurier, Shneiderlin, 2nd choice GK, Cavani/Balotelli/Mandzukic/Falcao. Tha's the ideal summer. If Wenger doesn't think Cesc is needed, he probably isn't. This plus keeping Ramsey, Ox, Theo and Ozil fit and we're up there with the leagues best.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What did he say about Ale? Was he blushing or/and sweating when he said it?

gespannt wie ein flitzebogen!

Salvadora

I read Arsenal's chief negotiator is based in Texas.

Seriously.
This is exactly my thinking.

Jtb thinks Aurier a backup keeper and a striker below Sanogo. That would cost 15-20 mil. If that is all we are going to spend he would have bought Cesc.
You seriously underestimate the stubbornness of Wenger.

If he doesn't want a creative player, he won't get one.

Doesn't matter if we spend £0 or £100m.

jtb

Banned
Think we need to aim higher. Milner is not who we want at DM. Aurier, Shneiderlin, 2nd choice GK, Cavani/Balotelli/Mandzukic/Falcao. Tha's the ideal summer. If Wenger doesn't think Cesc is needed, he probably isn't. This plus keeping Ramsey, Ox, Theo and Ozil fit and we're up there with the leagues best.

I totally agree that we should and need to aim higher. I'm just saying, if: we can't get those top targets, we are on a budget, etc. etc. then we can still fill the holes of this team in a competent and affordable fashion without breaking the bank. there's no excuses for starting this season with Giroud as our only striker or no true DM option, for example.

So Koke isn't replacing Fabregas than is he.

Oh okay.

Thought he might.

But he's not.

So that's something.

Ain't it.

Hmm.

Edit - tc you bell!

Meier

Rakitić for €20m? Bloody hell.

Wow, that'd be the steal of the century. I heard recently he had a clause in his contract that allowed for a lower buy-out clause for the biggies (I believe it's €40m in general) but that's criminal.

Atletico's president today said Koke is going nowhere. He is their "franchise player" in his opinion. With Costa, they said they won't stand in the way if someone comes in with the buyout clause which he believes is €42-43m.

Barzul

Scouting advice for big clubs. Just buy whichever striker Atletico is interested in. Bound to be a world beater at some point.

pulga

Banned
Wow, that'd be the steal of the century. I heard recently he had a clause in his contract that allowed for a lower buy-out clause for the biggies (I believe it's €40m in general) but that's criminal.

Atletico's president today said Koke is going nowhere. He is their "franchise player" in his opinion. With Costa, they said they won't stand in the way if someone comes in with the buyout clause which he believes is €42-43m.

Let's nip the muppetry in the bud, UnitedGAF.

Atlético Madrid midfielder Koke has warned it will be “very difficult” to persuade him to leave the Vicente Calderón this summer. The 22-year-old said he was proud of the interest in him from other clubs because it means that his hard work “is paying off.”

“It’s very difficult that I can be convinced [to leave]. I have earned my place here and I have fought for everything that I have achieved. Right now I have nothing else to say,” Koke said on radio station Cadena Cope.

Tc91

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 49s
Di Marzio claims Manchester United was also on the race for Rakitic, that explains how Zubi won the battle of the century vs Woodward.

=(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom