• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

He's already shown he's peaked, both as a player and a professional. I'm hoping van Gaal can either light a fire in Rooney's ass and get some great football out of him, or phase him out so whoever takes over next doesn't have to deal with it.
If Ra's Van Gaal can't motivate him then God help us all.

pulga

Banned
Rakitic to make 8m a year at Barca, plus any taxes they are able to help him pocket
zWVbK.gif
Five season contract.

Anth1888

Not sure if it has been posted here but the BBC Sport App on the PS4 has just been updated with a World Cup hub page. I assume it will be the same as the Olympics and will have highlights/interviews/tables as well as streaming the matches live. Might come in handy.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Rakitic is a superb buy from us, specially at that price. I can't believe Zubizarreta finally did something right. Sad to see Cesc go, but he disappointed me greatly this season. It was supposed to be his year, and he got a shitload of playing time so there are no excuses. He started well, but like always during the second half of the season, when things matter, he becomes completely anonymous. I don't want to think that Arsenal's trophy draught and him being the captain of that team are related but damn he really disappointed in Barça.

Fergie

Banned
RUMOR Milan away kit

BpNx64TIQAErWu7.jpg:large
Didn't know Milan enjoyed a bit of Terry's chocolate orange.

Rakitic for 20 million euros is a good buy.
Barca cracking on with the rebuilding.

I'm not too worried about the silence on united signings, just entered June. And Woodward is totally inept so I have no hope anyway.

I just hope they're great players when it comes down to it. Wouldn't like to see that panic situation last summer.

Lightning

Banned
I don't want to think that Arsenal's trophy draught and him being the captain of that team are related but damn he really disappointed in Barça.
If Arsenal are to blame for anything with Cesc it was giving him so much freedom, ability to do what he liked on the field, built the team around him that he struggled to adapt to another system. What a player he was for us though, just phenomenal. Carried a rather average side to CL football year after year.

Not sure why things haven't worked out for him at Barca.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Giggs doc was pretty tame to be honest, showed some stuff but it didnt really give a great insight into him, every time they began to scratch the surface they changed topic.

Salazar

“I got my real first taste of the Champions League this year and I thought I showed I can manage at that level,” he added. “I would like somewhere that would give me a chance of being in the Champions League or a club that has ambitions of being in the Champions League.

Fucking Moyes

Yen

Last exam is in 10 hours - haven't a baldy for it. Haven't slept a wink thanks to those bloody students outside celebrating the end of their exams. Blood pressure is off the charts here

Turok_TTZ

ArsenalGaf still sore about Fabregas?
He left y'all in the most petulant and disrespectful way.
From my PoV, he would add nothing to your squad unless if he is a depth signing.
Arsenal got lot's of problems but missing Fabregas ain't one imo.

I actually reckon that daft fool of a manager, Wenger, made a wise choice for a change not to resign him.

Herr K

Banned
Dear God,

Please stop. I don't think I can take this anymore. Just please bring my club back.

Yours to abuse,

Frank

The shirt ain't bad, that logo though. fuck.

Also, still better than the hideous home shirt

I hate both shirts, but I'll also buy both because of the different logos. I'm a sucker, I know.

sohois

Seems like all the Spain papers are reporting Moreno to Liverpool is pretty much done then; wouldn't be the first time that a transfer falls through at this stage, but I don't foresee this one derailing.

I know very little about the player but it's nice that Liverpool are getting lots of business wrapped up early.

Does he think he has time to rebuild another team or something? World class, proven player that is certain to get us the most assists and he says no? This is the mentality that has got us where we are for the past 8 years. This is why I never wanted him to sign that damn extension.

RVP, Nasri and Fabregas all playing for our PL rivals because of decisions that could have been easily avoided. I don't have the time for this anymore

The fundamental problem is that we have tolerated this for almost a decade. Nothing will change until you see vast empty seats in the ground and protests outside.

Ultimately, I would rather have Fabregas this summer instead of Wenger.

Soccer Aid

World Team
José Mourinho (Manager)

The celebrities

Michael Sheen (Captain)
Gordon Ramsay
Adam Richman
James McAvoy
Patrick Kielty
Nicky Byrne
Santiago Cabrera
Jeremy Renner
Kevin Bridges
Sam Worthington
Mark Salling
Martin Compston

The legends

Alessandro Del Piero
Andriy Shevchenko
Edgar Davids
Edwin van der Sar
Jaap Stam
Clarence Seedorf

England Team

Sam Allardyce (Manager)
Robbie Williams (Assistant Manager)
Peter Reid (Coach)
Bradley Walsh (Coach)

The celebrities

Stephen Moyer
Jack Whitehall
Mark Owen
Olly Murs
Paddy McGuinness
Jonathan Wilkes
Jamie Theakston
Ben Shephard
John Bishop
Marvin Humes
Dominic Cooper
Danny Jones

The legends

Jamie Carragher
Teddy Sheringham
Jamie Redknapp
David Seaman
Matt Le Tissier
Des Walker

GorillaJu

You just won a trophy last year and you've been mainstays in the top 4 for as long as history has been written. It's not as if the club is in shambles and refuses to rebuild.

Fabregas would barely be able to fit into the team right now, anyway. Ramsey is better and would start every game over him, and you have adequate talent to play out wide with Ozil and Cazorla, so I don't see how buying an expensive attacking mid would really serve you.

Even United passed on him, who aren't really in a position to pinch pennies as they need quality immediately. That should tell you something.

rodvik

Fucking Moyes

I dont get why he is even saying this? Just to let the two alleged clubs who approached him know they were too small time for his greatness? To advertise his availability (we are all aware)? I just dont get it.

Much like his tactics I suppose.

You just won a trophy last year and you've been mainstays in the top 4 for as long as history has been written. It's not as if the club is in shambles and refuses to rebuild.

Fabregas would barely be able to fit into the team right now, anyway. Ramsey is better and would start every game over him, and you have adequate talent to play out wide with Ozil and Cazorla, so I don't see how buying an expensive attacking mid would really serve you.

Even United passed on him, who aren't really in a position to pinch pennies as they need quality immediately. That should tell you something.

Little activity in transfer market historically = season ends with players not performing to expected levels, injuries, same usual mistakes, desperately fight for 4th position by April. Repeat each year. No progress.

To compete in this era you need world class players. On the rare occasion they become available, you compete for their signature. You don't instead stop at 40m+1p, or say no to Fabregas.

Ramsey is better and would start every game over him, and you have adequate talent to play out wide with Ozil and Cazorla, so I don't see how buying an expensive attacking mid would really serve you.
This is a silly comment, I'm afraid. Ramsey has had a break-out year and provided us with important goals. He is not a proven world class player with a consistent record of dominant assists. Cazorla will be 30 this time next year and is himself inconsistent, whilst Ozil turns up when he feels like it.

We don't need Fabregas this season, but refusal to resign him signals a continuing of a trend that has failed us over the last few years and led to inevitably sad results for us. Would we be a stronger side with him in the lineup? Absolutely, especially if it means either Ozil or Podolski loses their spot.

rodvik

"The celebrities

Stephen Moyer
Jack Whitehall
Mark Owen
Olly Murs
Paddy McGuinness
Jonathan Wilkes
Jamie Theakston
Ben Shephard
John Bishop
Marvin Humes
Dominic Cooper
Danny Jones"

I admit I have not lived in the UK for a while but I have no idea who any of these people are.

sohois

"The celebrities

Stephen Moyer
Jack Whitehall
Mark Owen
Olly Murs
Paddy McGuinness
Jonathan Wilkes
Jamie Theakston
Ben Shephard
John Bishop
Marvin Humes
Dominic Cooper
Danny Jones"

I admit I have not lived in the UK for a while but I have no idea who any of these people are.

Dominic Cooper is getting pretty well known in Hollywood but most of the rest are low-level celebrities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom