• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

I've not really been paying much attention to other teams transfers so I've just seen the Emre Can to Liverpool thing.

I know he's supposed to be decent and admittedly I've only seen him play twice. But in those two games he was doing a very good Andre Santos impression.

Pls.

You can't form an opinion on a player until you've watched his youtube higlights.

Wilbur

Banned
Innit. Player power is the worst fucking thing in the world. You signed a contract you clithood, stick to it or buy yourself out.

pappe

Innit. Player power is the worst fucking thing in the world. You signed a contract you clithood, stick to it or buy yourself out.

I am sure he can get many teams to buy his contract on his behalf. He should leave Chelsea anyways . Mou will kill his soul with all the bus parking.

L1NETT

Thing with "player power" though is that when you have some whiny cunt like Modric and Tevez, them moping about the place potentially derails the first team

Incentives managers to ship em out, so players kinda do have power. Sadly.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Some talk of Cambiasso to Spurs, as he's leaving Inter on a free.

Please god no.

Arnie

Don't know what to make of Can.

He looks powerful as fuck for a 20 year old. Really good tackler. Mad dribbler. Passes the ball with lots of pace.

Encouraged by how Bayern wanted him back next year. And it'd be mad to think Brendan wasn't going to polish his game massively.

He created Jordan Henderson.

Arnie

Thing with "player power" though is that when you have some whiny cunt like Modric and Tevez, them moping about the place potentially derails the first team

Incentives managers to ship em out, so players kinda do have power. Sadly.
Suarez can't do much more to get out of the club than he did last year.

Clegg

Don't know what to make of Can.

He looks powerful as fuck for a 20 year old. Really good tackler. Mad dribbler. Passes the ball with lots of pace.

Encouraged by how Bayern wanted him back next year. And it'd be mad to think Brendan wasn't going to polish his game massively.

He created Jordan Henderson.
Against United he played nothing like you describe. Couldn't tackle, looked rushed on the ball and just afraid of being on the pitch really.

But then again he was played out of position and with a team that was playing absolutely awfully as a unit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We'd rather get top dollar for him I think, especially as Jose doesn't like him :p Send us Tevez if you want, he'll be great up front with Costa!

And Pogba.

well you better act fast then!

Tevez is in Buenos Aires now, reports from Argentina confirm that Tevez had dinner with Boca's President but Tevez's future at Juve is safe.

Scum

Afternoon, cunts. Have we signed Lukaku yet?

It was announced in 2006 for Pete's sake. I mean, since FF Versus XIII was announced City have...

Almost gone bankrupt
Been bought by a Sheikh
Won all major domestic silverware

Square are a joke.

We've also had two World Cups (the third starts next week), two European Championships, the Witcher and Mass Effect series didn't exist and Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have launched 6 consoles between them.
Square should just cancel it.

Arnie

Against United he played nothing like you describe. Couldn't tackle, looked rushed on the ball and just afraid of being on the pitch really.

But then again he was played out of position and with a team that was playing absolutely awfully as a unit.
Aye, I heard he was gash against United.

With Moreno imminent and Flanagan ever present I hope we never play the lad at left back.

I just want him to sit and roam from box to box getting his beard all sweaty.

Halfway through this scran. Edge of Tomorrow is on in 30 minutes. Going on my tod. YOLO.

Hixx

Reckon Tracy Morgan is in a bad way in hospital, multi-vehicle crash.

I loved the first few seasons of 30 Rock, I know he's not everyones cup of tea like but I think he's canny in it.

LTWheels

I don't know much about Can, but I think it's safe to say that he is a step up on the bench instead of say the likes of Alberto. He's already being playing football at a much higher level.

With our increased games, and how we play, we will need another high energy midfielder.

I think we won't sell Lucas this transfer window. Mainly because I think it's a lot to ask of Can to play in the deepest of the midfield as a backup to Gerrard. He has to learn our style of play first.

At the beginning of his time with us, I can see him being used as a sub for Allen in the final 30 mins of a game when the intensity of our midfield starts to drop. Let's face, 90 mins is a strole for Henderson. Except starts in cup games.

Arnie

Can's the sort of player that if you wait a year could be double or triple the price, not to mention Bayern were keen on bringing him back next summer.

We had to buy now and there are few better places for a young talent to develop than this Liverpool.

Blablurn

a5dYQ0V_460sa.gif

Elchele

Because we already have Sandro and Capoue, he's 33 and he's never played in the PL. Sure he's experienced and no doubt a good player but I just don't see the point.

Isn't Sandro injured like 60% of the season? I would take Cambiasso for free without a doubt

cremino

Corriere della Sera is reporting that Milan and Manchester United could have a series of friendlies against each other next season.

Both Milan and Manchester United are out of Europe so they can face each other. The idea is to have 6-8 friendlies in different locations.

Corriere della Sera is reporting that Milan and Manchester United could have a series of friendlies against each other next season.

Both Milan and Manchester United are out of Europe so they can face each other. The idea is to have 6-8 friendlies in different locations.

Yeah I heard about United planning to do that if they missed Europe. Sure would get boring seeing the two of them playing over and over again.

Although, I would love to see Mastour shit all over Adnan and the rest of United.

Arnie

Dead excited for the Dortmund friendly, might even get a ticket.

Already booked the first CL fixture dates off work. Going to do a European away.

We signed 100% of Poli. Him and El Sha = two new signings. /Galliani

We are a sad, sad club.

Except for the fact that Rami is closer and apparently we'll pay him 3.8m. But the rest is still sad.

pappe

:'(

It's gonna be a pure and awesome CL season without ManU. Can't wait.

It will feel empty and soulless. Bayern will probably win again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom