• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

j00do66c0VmlR.jpg

They're not quite FF level stats yet but I'm still quite satisfied with my run trough in FIFA 14 so far.

Linius

CK5ne6a.png

These lads just won the title in their age category after an epic game against Feyenoord. They were trailing 2-0 with ten men and got back in the game and managed to get the game to extra time by making it 2-2. Then they got another red card in the extra time but still managed to win it 3-2.

They actually won the double since they won the cup final a few weeks back as well (vs PSV).

FuturusX

First thing Pellegrini did at City's Carrington was kneel down and feel the grass.

It was like the moment from Gladiator. He felt the earth between his fingers.

And then he pee'd on it...and said.

"My prostrate is the size of a football...so I gotta go when I gotta go"*

*In Spanish

Linius

Will do. I'm going to see Vitesse for sure next season and Bacon said he would be up for coming! You in?

Depends on the when and where. If everything goes to plan I'll be moving out this year (if I can get a home) so I'm not sure where I'll stand financially. Taking the train down to Arnhem sure is expensive from my town. But I'll try my best anyways because last time was good fun.

Let me know when you can do the game share, I'm home the rest of the weekend (and on monday).

This is the one good thing about next season. Rami/Alex should be the clear starting CB duo, we haven't had one of those for years.

I think we may actually surprise people if Inzaghi can continue the form we showed in the second half of last season. It is really remarkable that we racked up that many points with such a shit, shit squad. So far it looks like we might be so very slightly less shit next season, at least in terms of defense. Particularly with the lack of European football, I could see us getting third place.
Having a clear starting CB duo and getting some points during the first 4 months is something I've been waiting since 2011. Maybe we wont get to the third place, I don't know, but at least we should be very distant from the relegation zone.
The potential is there. De Sciglio, Mastour, El Shaz, Balotelli. A quality group of young Italians.
Things get even worse with those names: I'm not sure they'll be with us in 5 years.

Depends on the when and where. If everything goes to plan I'll be moving out this year (if I can get a home) so I'm not sure where I'll stand financially. Taking the train down to Arnhem sure is expensive from my town. But I'll try my best anyways because last time was good fun.

Let me know when you can do the game share, I'm home the rest of the weekend (and on monday).

I'll probably have to fly to Amsterdam anyway, that or Rotterdam. If I need to I'll help out as it was really fun last time! I do want to see a Dortmund and Munich game this year so I'll have to space these out.

Yaya's agent: "He didn't want a City move, but I persuaded him it was the right time, both him and the team would be progressing fast. Right now I want him to win the French league and then Bundesliga so that he'll win major trophies in all top European leagues"

:lol:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know everyone hates it, but I really loved The Darjeeling Limited

I can relate to one character in particular :lol

Yaya's agent: "He didn't want a City move, but I persuaded him it was the right time, both him and the team would be progressing fast. Right now I want him to win the French league and then Bundesliga so that he'll win major trophies in all top European leagues"

:lol:lol
I love how he talks about Raiola/MKH as though he is a better alternative :lol

Linius

I'll probably have to fly to Amsterdam anyway, that or Rotterdam. If I need to I'll help out as it was really fun last time! I do want to see a Dortmund and Munich game this year so I'll have to space these out.

Ajax - Vitesse is the first game of the season actually, at the beginning of august. That's not working for me anyways due to no money left for august. The Feyenoord - Vitesse game is may 10 next year when we'll probably already know who wins the league. It's the second to last game of the season. So yeah, both are extremes :p

But going to Rotterdam and Arnhem doesn't make a big difference in travel costs, both are far away for me. But if I know it well in advance I could try to profit from a train promotion so I can travel the whole country on a given day for about 20 euros.

Yaya Toure being a guest in the beinsport studio for the CL finale was truly hilarious and cringe worthy. How he laughed it off every time the hosts tried to ask him if "there is just a little chance you will stay at City?"

At least they got him that cake.

cakeyayayacms53.gif

Ajax - Vitesse is the first game of the season actually, at the beginning of august. That's not working for me anyways due to no money left for august. The Feyenoord - Vitesse game is may 10 next year when we'll probably already know who wins the league. It's the second to last game of the season. So yeah, both are extremes :p

But going to Rotterdam and Arnhem doesn't make a big difference in travel costs, both are far away for me. But if I know it well in advance I could try to profit from a train promotion so I can travel the whole country on a given day for about 20 euros.

I was speaking to someone and they sent me an email address which might be able to sort out home tickets before I leave. I didn't realise the fixtures were already out. Where can I see them?

kharma45

Apparently LVG has ordered Manchester United staff to rip Carrington's pitches. He wants the players to train on the same surface as they play on at OT.

But he also seems like the exact type of human being LvG hates, i.e a retard.

Well that's true too. I have a feeling he'll try and bash some consistency and discipline into him before giving up though. At least he has basic talent. I'm not sure you can say the same about Young/Valencia. They just don't seem to have the basic level of technique for an LvG winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom