• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Thank god ITV have got the next two world cups

Jarnet87

Roy has massive tits but no balls. Drop Rooney.

----------Sturridge
Lallana Barkley sterling
-----Gerrard Wilshere.

That'll do.

Honestly I'd drop Gerrard too, put Henderson in there or something. I'd take my chances with another young energetic player over the staleness of England's older players.

Scum

Roy has massive tits but no balls. Drop Rooney.

----------Sturridge
Lallana Barkley sterling
-----Gerrard Wilshere.

That'll do.

Jedward, pls.

------------- Sturridge ------------
Lallana ----------------- Sterling
----- Wilshere -- Barkley ----
-------------- Gerrard ------------

Hendo or Barry (if he was there) for any of the three in the middle. Ox for Sterling or Lallana. Lambert for Sturridge. Training cone or school bags for Johnson.

FuturusX

Honestly I'd drop Gerrard too, put Henderson in there or something. I'd take my chances with another young energetic player over the staleness of England's older players.

Gerrard has to be there for his set pieces alone. England are nothing without their reliance on set pieces...

I don't think Pogba would come back even if we made a suitable bid.

Pogba and United are done. We messed up massively. Broke the laws to get him here in the first place and then just totally wasted the opportunity. It'll be a constant regret.

Anyhow - that Danny Taylor piece reads like he's sat down with Moyes out in Miami. It's all retrospective apart from us being interested in Strootman which isn't a major surprise. And I thought it was ligaments not a broken leg?

Exactly. Why come to United when staying at Juve will probably get him to, say, Madrid faster? The wage packet would need to be extra fat.

And the "attitude" stuff is nonsense. Pogba talked badly about Ferguson not picking him. He's had nothing but positive things to say about United. Other players who came up with him at the club often mention how they looked up to him in interviews. Just an excuse ready to go when/if he turned us down.

I wouldn't pay £60m, that's for sure.

At the end of the day, it's what Juventus want to sell at that matters. They will demand that sort of price, of course, but that doesn't mean that any sane clubs should pay it.

It does always seem to come back to this "could be at your club for a decade." That's a bit unrealistic in Pogba's case, considering the history.

If he's good enough to get bought by a Spanish giant for a larger fee several years down the track, wouldn't that be worth it too? Not going to happen, but the fee would be fine unless he had a career-ending injury or something.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Thank god Lampard is coming on to save us, Roy finally listened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom