• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Was mine alright in the end? It felt a little short for some reason.

No that was great, don't worry.
Yes Wes!

I sent you Cameroon earlier.

Who are these few people we are waiting on?! Come on m8s.

Well mainly waiting on me as I'm double checking all the team reports for formatting and what not. And that all the links for TV co weave and websites are actually correct.

Got one or two people still to link me to their creations but that should be a matter of simply adding them in rather than having to do any changes.

no one is worth buying atm, it's a massive gamble to sell Pogba or Vidal. And we're comfortably in line with FFP.

Like you said his knee is going to explode and you know Chile are gonna play him at all costs. Sell him quickly for 60m and then give Pogba a 60m over 5 year contract extension.

Wilbur

Banned
I seem to recall someone was making a fantasy game thread. Was that already made and I missed that? I'll have to check my spams but does anyone know off the top of their head?

As for a prediction thing, let me get back to you on it. Might be something that someone else would have to manage and be put in the fantasy thread I just mentioned. Have you got a link to the Euros one you mention, I don't recall that at all.

I don't remember if there was a specific thread or if it was just in the OT, but I do know Willkiller got his tag from it...

CALLING WILL FOR DETAILS

I hope we have a few group stage upsets. The pulsating moments just before they happen are something else.

Holland and Chile knocking out Spain would be huge. Italy going out too. Could easily have Germany or Portugal knocked out too.

I personally think Germany will be the big favourite knocked out early.

Clegg

I don't remember if there was a specific thread or if it was just in the OT, but I do know Willkiller got his tag from it...

CALLING WILL FOR DETAILS
You're not getting a new tag mate.

You'll be remembered for your current one forever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mercato weaklings, truly.
Did we EVER win a bidding war? Fuck, most of the time we even fail at signing a player no one gives a shit about. We're truly the French of mercato.
I hope we have a few group stage upsets. The pulsating moments just before they happen are something else.
80% of the groups are utterly boring, it's disheartening.
This is such a widely applicable maxim.
INNIT ahahaha

CALLING WILL FOR DETAILS

I think it was part of the Euros OT. I could have a look back later, see what website was used etc

It still annoys me how much I got spot on, but never made a single bet over that tournament. I could have retired.

Wilbur

Banned
Holland and Chile knocking out Spain would be huge. Italy going out too. Could easily have Germany or Portugal knocked out too.

Yeah, I think Holland are going out early. England going out so early as well will be big news, if not entirely unexpected.

Think one of Germany/Portugal could go out, if one of them beats the other and USA/Ghana stay tight against them. Germany having no strikers is a worry.

If we sell Cristante to fund the Rami signing, fucking LOLOLOL.

Italy going out will not be an upset. England progressing from the group will be a miracle, but Italy flopping won't be a surprise.

It'll be Uruguay+Costa Rica. My man Roy Miller will see CR through.

If we sell Cristante to fund the Rami signing, fucking LOLOLOL.

Italy going out will not be an upset. England progressing from the group will be a miracle, but Italy flopping won't be a surprise.

It'll be Uruguay+Costa Rica. My man Roy Miller will see CR through.

Sometimes I think it is only me and Jose Mourinho who think Italy will win this tournament.

caramac

Here's a screengrab from the Euro 2012 OT

i0obR4yxJ0O6b.png

They were. I was crazy back then.
FF pls. Back then you were the nice guy of football gaf, I fully expected you and Fady to get together and write beautiful sonnets under a lemon tree for the rest of your lives.

You're crazy now, it's all 'fuck Pulga' and 'Viva are you married yet'?

Don't compare yours to The Hitcher. His posts will be standalone OTs anyway.

Why express in a dozen words that which can be stretched out into a hundred?

Only one I'm really annoyed to be missing is the second half of Spain-Holland, will find a workaround to watch England-Uruguay. Sainsbury's can fuck off if they think I'm missing that. Start work at half-time of the 8pm matches, not sure whether to watch highlights or entire recorded matches. Watching a recorded match just isn't the same, even if you don't know the result. Hopefully there are some good extended highlight packages.

I think if Italy gets out of the group they have a good shot at winning the whole thing because they are Italy. I'm still scarred by the 2010 WC group performance though.

That was just a complete cluster fuck of a tournament. Cannavaro was being made to look a scrub by Fulham in the Europa League and had no right being in that squad, plus the terrible attacking omissions by Lippi. But the main problem was being without two of our most influential players in Pirlo and Buffon. Had they played I am sure we would have progressed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The funniest/saddest thing about Pulg v FF is that they're both not even Spanish.

Pulg speaks Spanish though so there's that. I sincerely hope they get over each other. ♡

FootballFan

FF pls. Back then you were the nice guy of football gaf, I fully expected you and Fady to get together and write beautiful sonnets under a lemon tree for the rest of your lives.

You're crazy now, it's all 'fuck Pulga' and 'Viva are you married yet'?

This post made me laugh. I have stopped the Pulga thing, he has left gaf. I do get along with Fady though.

My gaf role-model has always been quiche.

Linius

Hopefully Spain/Netherlands is a tasty opening round game.

Sometimes these group games can be utter dross.

I don't care how boring our games will be, even if we win them all 1-0 in the last minute I couldn't care less. I just want to PARTEEEHH

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That was just a complete cluster fuck of a tournament. Cannavaro was being made to look a scrub by Fulham in the Europa League and had no right being in that squad, plus the terrible attacking omissions by Lippi. But the main problem was being without two of our most influential players in Pirlo and Buffon. Had they played I am sure we would have progressed.
Pretty much, it was a fluke. But that squad was a disgrace to begin with! The cigars fried Sir Lippi's brain I'm afraid

Hopefully Spain/Netherlands is a tasty opening round game.

Sometimes these group games can be utter dross.

I have a feeling it is going to be a boring draw. LVG is setting his team up not to get beat and Spain haven't got off to the best start the last two tournaments, getting beat by the Swiss and drawing to Italy.

Pretty much, it was a fluke. But that squad was a disgrace to begin with! The cigars fried Sir Lippi's brain I'm afraid

I feel like it was all my fault. Lippi had not lost a game as Italy manager for 36 games or something
a record at the time for international manager
and then I went to see them against Brazil at the Emirates and we lost 2-0. Then the two embarrassments of the Confed cup and the WC happened. I cursed Lippi by attending that game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I have a feeling it is going to be a boring draw. LVG is setting his team up not to get beat and Spain haven't got off to the best start the last two tournaments, getting beat by the Swiss and drawing to Italy.
Our first game was Italy at their best! Fully fit team, no crippling injuries and the right formation.

Marchisio was glorious :3

Clegg

Moyes has gone out of his way to slap Faridmon:

"There is this myth that I didn't fully rate Barkley when I was at Everton. Right the way through his academy days, I regarded him as a player whose development would be key to Everton's future. We sent him on loan to get him senior football. It was all about bringing him on as a player."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom