• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

10362245_529106137215256_520439430_n.jpg

this doesn't look good :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
4 days :eek:

Gonna watch every game if possible

Linius

If I wouldn't have a job I'd probably have the TV on in the background. But there are so many boring games during the world cup, you're better of not watching everything. Last world cup had so many games with only 1 or 2 goals and little to no entertainment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If I wouldn't have a job I'd probably have the TV on in the background. But there are so many boring games during the world cup, you're better of not watching everything. Last world cup had so many games with only 1 or 2 goals and little to no entertainment.

The last World Cup was ruined by that terrible ball. Nobody could shoot on target with it.

I just saw Whoscored.com's predictions. What a load of shite. Only one person out of the twelve picked the correct eventual winners, Italy, whilst everyone else picked the four semi finalist as Brazil, Spain, Argentina and Germany. Except the only woman who believes Belgium will reach the semis.

I just lost all respect for the guy who picked Italy as the other semi finalists were Chile, Spain and Brazil forgetting the simple fact that Brazil would have to play either Spain or Chile in the first knockout round.

All this talk of Belgium pisses me off. I read an article somewhere recently that said who will finish second in their group implying Belgium will run away with it. Seriously, who the fuck are Belgium??? They have done nothing that shows they will be contenders other than they have a good squad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/10362245_529106137215256_520439430_n.jpg[/mg]
[/QUOTE]
AHAHAHA is he...pregnant? Might as well write "SELL ME NOW" on his belly really.

[quote="Shanks D Zoro, post: 115261465"]I just saw Whoscored.com's predictions. What a load of shite. Only one person out of the twelve picked the correct eventual winners, Italy,.[/QUOTE]

there's absolutely no way we're going to qualify from our group, let alone win the whole thing. I'm not even kidding. We'll draw with England and Costa Rica and lose to Uruguay.

Who the hell is going to score for Italy? Balotelli? Cassano?

unless...

[IMG]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2014/4/21/1398073044964/Ciro-Immobile-011.jpg

but Prandelli is too pussy to use him.

Russia will finish above Belgium in the group.

I think so too. People seem to think that just putting a group of players together at international level guarantees success. They forget that the teams that usually win international tournaments have been playing for nearly a decade together and have enjoyed success at various levels. The core group of Italians who had won in 2006 had been playing together since the Euro under 21s in 1996. Same thing with a lot of the French team of 98/00 who had been playing together for 6-8 years at the younger levels. Same with Brazil and Spain.

AHAHAHA is he...pregnant? Might as well write "SELL ME NOW" on his belly really.

there's absolutely no way we're going to qualify from our group, let alone win the whole thing. I'm not even kidding. We'll draw with England and Costa Rica and lose to Uruguay.

Who the hell is going to score for Italy? Balotelli? Cassano?

unless...

Ciro-Immobile-011.jpg

but Prandelli is too pussy to use him.

I look forward to seeing Immobile and Insigne playing together tonight. Plus Balo and Cassano will be deadly.

Wilbur

Banned
We got the Times wall chart yesterday, and on the back there's a prediction thing I'm doing with Dean. One of them is how many goals. The writer went for 150 or something. I went for 135.

Dean originally went for 60. After I expressed incredulity and told him mine, he went for 140.

It then went to red and yellow cards. The writer went for 25r, 230y. I went for 20/200.

Dean went for 40 reds and 50 yellows.

help

We got the Times wall chart yesterday, and on the back there's a prediction thing I'm doing with Dean. One of them is how many goals. The writer went for 150 or something. I went for 135.

Dean originally went for 60. After I expressed incredulity and told him mine, he went for 140.

It then went to red and yellow cards. The writer went for 25r, 230y. I went for 20/200.

Dean went for 40 reds and 50 yellows.

help

For reds and Yellow my predictions is Holland Portugal 06 times 64 divided by two and then plus one.

edit:
Pranjic? Who gives a shit. If it were Pjanic though, yeah, that would be a bitch.

I was worried for Pjanic too.

All this talk of Belgium pisses me off. I read an article somewhere recently that said who will finish second in their group implying Belgium will run away with it. Seriously, who the fuck are Belgium??? They have done nothing that shows they will be contenders other than they have a good squad.

You're my new favourite poster in here. Our squad isn't even that good.
No striker since our two Next Drogbas are dead.

Russia will finish above Belgium in the group.

Correct, both will finish behind South Korea though.

FootballFan

Just search my post history with the word Belgium. I'm with you m8.

I even like the players. Hazard, Adnan, lukaku, mertens etc. But I hear so much "nobody knows Belgium have a good team. They will make at least semis to everyone's surprise."

Everyone knows they have good players, pls stop acting like you found gold football hipster.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't understand how Belgium are dark horses if so many people think that they are dark horses.

Chile and Switzerland.

FootballFan

MySky hd will save me this World Cup. Live pausing, hd quality, all the matches, recording matches I miss etc. Can't wait.

#RetiredLife.

Games are on from 4am to 10am here.

Wes

venison crêpe
Things progressing well today. Just need to hear back from a few people and do some editing but thread may even be able to go up late tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
Things progressing well today. Just need to hear back from a few people and do some editing but thread may even be able to go up late tonight.

Can we do something similar to the Euros? Prediction thread? Maybe predict the final four and the top scorer and the winner gets a tag like Willkiller did?

FootballFan

Yes Wes!

I sent you Cameroon earlier.

Who are these few people we are waiting on?! Come on m8s.

Wes

venison crêpe
Can we do something similar to the Euros? Prediction thread? Maybe predict the final four and the top scorer and the winner gets a tag like Willkiller did?

I seem to recall someone was making a fantasy game thread. Was that already made and I missed that? I'll have to check my spams but does anyone know off the top of their head?

As for a prediction thing, let me get back to you on it. Might be something that someone else would have to manage and be put in the fantasy thread I just mentioned. Have you got a link to the Euros one you mention, I don't recall that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom