• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Halo 5 will be shit but Halo 2 at 60fps on dedicated servers will probably convince me to get an Xbox. That and Inside, which was the best thing at the conference.

Oh and Assassins Creed looked good. Hope it revives my interest in the franchise.

Lots of stuff I didn't care for in the conference but at least they kept it to games.

Meier

WHERE THE FUCK IS FALL OUT MAN

WHERE IS MY FALL OUTO$#I%#$J^KLDNF><NX>J$@OP:

Agreed, need a new Fallout as well. Fuck, Bethesda are a bunch of lazy bastards.

2D Indie platformers just do absolutely nothing at all for me personally. Can't be arsed.

arkon

The best choice. If you can afford it of course.

Witcher 3 is on Gametrailers right now, I know it wets the vs and ds of this thread.

If I had a money tree in my backyard I would do the same. Plus a beasty PC. And a laptop just because.

But nope :(

Yeah. I've got some money set aside so I could do this right now and still be okay financially.

Still gonna wait though and pull the trigger when there's something out that I absolutely have to play or if there's a really good deal that I can't pass up.

Marc

Looking forward to whatever of No Man's Sky is shown.

Oh yeah, forgot about that game, anyone who is cynical about games should watch that.

Btw guys, I know there are Dark Souls fans here. Have you seen the Lords of Fallen? Apart from some poor art style choices, it looks brilliant.

Witcher 3 I am really unsure about, I couldn't finish the second one. I can't stand the main character, it looks amazing but the rest of it I am not sold on. I hate the two sword mechanic as well, it doesn't let you play the way you want.

Meier

LAMBDA AND RVY! I know you're out there even if you aren't posting:

Benfica and Orlando City SC Announce Strategic Cooperation Agreement
European Super Club & Orlando City Develop Innovative Multi-Platform Partnership

Orlando, Fla. - Orlando City SC announced today an innovative strategic partnership with Portuguese first-division side SL Benfica, which is one of the largest clubs in Europe. The agreement sets forth cooperation in a variety of areas, including:
  • Sharing evaluations regarding professional and youth soccer players.
  • Arranging potential friendly matches between the Clubs in the U.S. and in Portugal.
  • Providing opportunities for both Clubs&#8217; players to train with the other team.
  • Cooperation to share professional knowledge regarding the business side of the industry (e.g., marketing, sales, etc.).
  • Developing of an innovative strategic plan between both clubs to develop and promote access to scholarships for colleges and universities in the United States for not only soccer players, but also to other athletes.
"This partnership is another exciting step in Orlando City&#8217;s long-term development plans as it brings us additional knowledge and experience from one of the largest and most successful clubs in the world,&#8221; added Orlando City Majority Owner Flavio Augusto da Silva. &#8220;Benfica has been one of the most successfully operated soccer clubs in the world by developing talent of all ages, winning titles and reconciling sports performances with a wide variety of modern and professional management components.&#8221;
Potential future international matches between Orlando City and Benfica will add to the list of high-profile international friendlies held in the City Beautiful since the arrival of Orlando City in 2011. Throughout the past three years in USL PRO, the Lions have played exhibitions against first-division clubs in England (e.g., Bolton Wanderers, Newcastle United & Stoke City), Brazil (e.g., Fluminense & Sao Paulo) and Italy (e.g., AS Roma).

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/news/?article_id=1895

On Eurosport

Blatter : "Attacks on Qatar are 'racists'."

From the BBC:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter claims allegations surrounding the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid are motivated by racism.

Qatar was chosen as host in December 2010 but corruption claims have prompted Fifa to begin an inquiry.

"There is a sort of storm against Fifa relating to the Qatar World Cup," Blatter said. "Sadly there's a great deal of discrimination and racism."

Fifa will rule on the validity of the bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups in September or October.

At that point, the president of football's world governing body said, the "matter will be closed".

Speaking to African football officials in Sao Paulo, Blatter confirmed that the latest allegations would be discussed at the Fifa Congress on Tuesday and Wednesday.

He said Fifa needed to combat "anything that smacks of discrimination and racism".

"It really makes me sad," he added.

At its general assembly in Sao Paulo, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) condemned what it termed "the repeated, deliberately hateful, defamatory and degrading attacks by some media, notably British, on the image and the integrity of the Confederation of African Football, its president, its members, its member associations and the entire African continent."

Caf added that it would urge the executive committee "to file a law suit, if necessary, so that the authors of this smearing and defamatory campaign against African football leaders are brought to book".

Ditto.

L1NETT

Wtf really?

Half joking

Late 2016 would be my guess

And Marc, two swords doesn't let you play the way you want........as in you want to use different weapons? Fuck that. I enjoy being put into character rather than a blank nobody like Bethesha and Boringware. I'm not interesting. A aging monster hunting shagging Witcher is

On Eurosport

Christ. What a dullard

John Oliver really nailed Witcher, that thing Yen (?) posted everyone should watch

cremino

England are never getting the World Cup again.

England can't host the 2022 WC anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_and_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bids

Following the selection of the 2006 World Cup hosts, FIFA had decided on a policy for determining the hosts of future editions. The six world confederations—roughly corresponding to continents—would rotate in their turn of providing bids, for a specific edition, from within their member national associations. This system was used only for the selection of the 2010 (South Africa) and 2014 World Cup (Brazil) hosts, open only to CAF and CONMEBOL members, respectively.

In September 2007, the rotation system came under review, and a new system was proposed which renders ineligible for bidding only the last two World Cup host confederations. This proposal was adopted on 29 October 2007, in Zurich, Switzerland by FIFA's Executive Committee. Under this policy, a 2018 bid could have come from North America, Asia, Europe, or Oceania, as Africa and South America are ineligible. Likewise, no CONMEBOL member could have made a 2022 bid, and candidates from the same confederation as the successful 2018 applicant would be disregarded in the 2022 selection procedure.

The United States, the last non-European candidate in the 2018 bidding cycle, withdrew its bid for that year; hence the 2018 tournament would have to be held in Europe. This in turn meant that South America and Europe were ineligible for 2022.

inky

The rest of the world: "Hey FIFA, a World Cup in Qatar is a bad idea. The bid was won by corruption, slave labor has died in the thousands building costly infrastructure that will become useless after the tournament, the weather and security are high risk factors to consider for attendees and players alike, and there's tons of other reasons why you should maybe reconsider"

Blatter: "You are just racist"

OK....

Half joking

Late 2016 would be my guess

And Marc, two swords doesn't let you play the way you want........as in you want to use different weapons? Fuck that. I enjoy being put into character rather than a blank nobody like Bethesha and Boringware. I'm not interesting. A aging monster hunting shagging Witcher is

Christ. What a dullard

John Oliver really nailed Witcher, that thing Yen (?) posted everyone should watch

Anyone have a link to this John Oliver thing?

Meier

Was this posted? Good for the kid, show Robben you're not his bitch.
Arjen Robben reacted angrily to a tough challenge from Netherlands teammate Bruno Martins Indi during a World Cup training session at their base in Rio. Robben kicked out at Martins Indi after one tackle and lay on the ground clutching his back after another strong challenge by the Feyenoord defender on Sunday.

The Bayern Munich winger briefly left the pitch but later returned and did not appear hurt.

Martins Indi admitted afterward that the pair had clashed. Robben did not speak to the media.

'Arjen is a good dribbler. I thought he fell needlessly once,' Martins Indi said. 'We had a little head-to-head.'

A reporter said to Martins Indi that he thought he had seen irritation between the two, to which Martins Indi replied, 'You saw right.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYDLZYoles

pulga

Banned
Wait, Microsoft conference already happened? When's Sony?

First time I've ever missed a conference :( Feels bad mang, where has the passion gone to
wtzgU.gif

Carbonox

Halo Collection is £49 on Zavvi. Could be as low as £40/45 by release though knowing them and Amazon. They like to randomly drop the price on preorders by a fiver temporarily.

Around £400 for an Xbox One and every Halo game remastered. That sounds fucking sublime to me.

What do you guys think of Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Prime?

Announcement made me laugh and I was shocked to see Tofu from Resident Evil 2 appear. Looks daft.

Meier

Lol, BMI is our worst defender. He should shut his little mouth and try not to injure our most important player.

Can't stand Robben, so I can't say I'd feel too bad if it happened.. sorry Linius! :p Robben gave a bit in return as you can see in the video.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
On Eurosport

expected. Everytime someone brings it up here they usually says something like "you're just bitter you didn't win"... even though we were we going for a different year.

omgkitty

Can't stand Robben, so I can't say I'd feel too bad if it happened.. sorry Linius! :p Robben gave a bit in return as you can see in the video.

He's the worst. Every time he scores and smiles, I want to punch him in his dumb face. I was rooting for the Netherlands to beat Spain in 2010, and Robben basically fucked them. Was rooting for Dortmund to win in the CL final last year and then Robben scored that late goal. Can't win with that guy.

Zabojnik

#Cds: Juve signed Barca's Moreno. Moreno's father "Not true, we have not signed nor for Juve nor for any other club"

Who is this Moreno and why should I be excited/disappointed?

John Oliver talked about the Witcher? Wut? Or are you talking about the Fifa stuff?

Blablurn

He's the worst. Every time he scores and smiles, I want to punch him in his dumb face. I was rooting for the Netherlands to beat Spain in 2010, and Robben basically fucked them. Was rooting for Dortmund to win in the CL final last year and then Robben scored that late goal. Can't win with that guy.

isaO7C5PNhinq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom