• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

2nd year after a gen release is always terrible right? The lull before the storm. I played MK8 with my son yesterday for a full 2 hours, so not all is lost.

Serious question GAF. Is gaming dead? I mean really dead. Devoid of creativity. Budgets too big to make anything interesting. Consumers too jaded to want anything new?

Feels a bit like it, personally. Occasionally a Mass Effect or TLoU slips through the net to fulfil my wants, but there are plenty of franchises suffering sequelitis (God of War, CoD), others that have just lost the magic (football games, GTA), entire genres that are improving incredibly incrimentally, and therefore irrelevant to my tastes (Gran Turismo, probably DriveClub)

And there's something about indies that I just can't be bothered with.

I need UC4 to be a return to prime Uncharted, TLG to be mindblowing, Mass Effect 4 to not feel like a glossy reboot.

Infamous: SS felt like a huge step backwards in a lot of ways (and the same is apparently true of Killzone: SF), and I worry the same will be the case for Naughty Dog and SSM's new games. Too much time focussing on graphics, not enough on basic game design

Dota will have to do

Marc

That Tomb Raider trailer was pretty neat.

Serious question GAF. Is gaming dead? I mean really dead. Devoid of creativity. Budgets too big to make anything interesting. Consumers too jaded to want anything new?

No, absolutely not, this is a golden age... there are so many great games around and coming.

The start of any new gen tends to be safe bets but then devs go crazy halfway through the life.

EmiPrime

Assassin's Creed Unity looks great but I can play that on PS4. I don't think a collection of 4 Halo games I have already completed is enough to make me want another console either.

Suen

Assassin's Creed Unity looks great but I can play that on PS4. I don't think a collection of 4 Halo games I have already completed is enough to make me want another console either.
The coop and Paris makes it interesting in regards to new gameplay feature in the series and a new setting but gameplay wise it looks exactly the same. I'm not exactly expecting them to put flying dragons and Ligue 1 stadiums across the city but I wanted to see something that would make it stand out in gameplay compared to previous entries.

EmiPrime

The coop and Paris makes it interesting in regards to new gameplay feature in the series and a new setting but gameplay wise it looks exactly the same. I'm not exactly expecting them to put flying dragons and Ligue 1 stadiums across the city but I wanted to see something that would make it stand out in gameplay compared to previous entries.

I would be a lot more excited if the series had finished last gen on AC2 Brotherhood but the Paris setting is enough for me despite the samey gameplay.

Suen

Don't play with my heart

Was that an actual reveal?
Yes

sun_woodcut.png

No

Marc

Scalebound? Wow, that looked bad and it was CGI.

Crackdown 3 though is very much welcome back! Shame it was a CG trailer again. Not a great deal on Xbox to tempt me though. Forza Horizon looks like it took the wind out of DriveClubs sails a bit, they even said you could set up clubs.

Phil changed his T-Shirt again, so swag.

Suen

Bunch of CGI, 1000 shooter games, non-shooters that look like the same thing we've seen all the time last gen. Few interesting games.

Major props for being a conference focused on games only....

but not in a hurry to buy Xbone anytime soon. Nothing that screams "Buy me" and no megaton.

Expecting Nintendo and Sony to be just as soulless.

Revive Sega.

I do if they get the gameplay right! Platinum's art style is almost always a bit generic in their action games lol

Haha yeah their games will never be for me, I accept they might be good but just not for me. I mostly wanted to say do you eat shit, cause what a line it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom