• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Switzerland!

You have a taste for the finer things in life, but you also like seeing the status quo shaken up once in a while. For you, football is a game of honour. Your manager is the esteemed and decorated Ottmar Hitzfeld, and your team is the Swiss.

Is L'Equipe legit?

According to them Azerbaijani billionaire and RC Lens owner Hafiz Mammadov has bought Sheffield Wednesday for €50M

The Premier League here we come

Non-stop-party-COSMOS-Science-Fiction-650x363.jpg

L1NETT

The country you support is....

Bosnia

ok

Well, aren’t you sophisticated? You’ve managed to pick out the one country that’s never played in a World Cup before. Like discovering a new pop-up restaurant that nobody’s heard of yet. But you’re also a sucker for a heart-warming tale, and they don’t get more uplifting than Bosnia.

LTWheels

Thanks for taking the quiz!
The country you should support is…

germany
Germany! Hey, you’re not messing around here. Empathy is weakness. You want a blockbuster side with blue-chip players. You want a manager who’ll put his turtleneck sweater on the line. You’ve landed the rugged and magnificent Germans.

King_Moc

Banned
Uruguay! You’re after a dark horse, a country you can learn a little bit more about. You don’t mind cheering against England. And you’re one of the few people in the world with a modicum of respect for Luis Suarez. Obvious choice, really.

I got Greece

Well, you might not too fussed about your team winning the World Cup. But you don’t just want to adopt a football team; you want a country. A country with a real story, a rich heritage, proper culture, delicious food. Perhaps somewhere to go on holiday in future. Well, you’ve got a friend in Greece

That goes against everything I believe in.

Thanks for taking the quiz!
The country you should support is…

Bosnia-Herzegovina! Well, aren’t you sophisticated? You’ve managed to pick out the one country that’s never played in a World Cup before. Like discovering a new pop-up restaurant that nobody’s heard of yet. But you’re also a sucker for a heart-warming tale, and they don’t get more uplifting than Bosnia.

Guess I´ll watch Bosnia´s games in the WC now.

windfish

russia here,

Russia! You’re stylish, but tough. You need a team that will fight to the death for your honour. That team is Fabio Capello’s Russia. Of course, in Communist Russia, you didn’t pick the team you wanted to support. The team picked you.

Yen

I know.

Don't give us the exact same formula over again. twist everything on its head and give us something that is new and fresh.

I am a huge MGS fan and want Kojima to keep making MGS games, but the guy is a genius and who knows what other great and potentially better games he could make if just stopped listening to the fans and made games that he wanted.

Fans are just idiots who think short term instead of long term.
You have to remember that Kojima is on the Konami board (he's a president, or vp) so he's probably acutely aware that Metal Gear is the only thing keeping Konami alive and him and others in a job.

Jarnet87

I got Belgium, I'm a cool kid and all the cool kids are doing it.

Supporting England is even cooler, come along and join the Three Lions.

omgkitty

I got South Korea because I like Ingmar Bergman....

South Korea! Your penchant for Ingmar Bergman has given you a taste for the obscure and the arcane. You’re comfortable with people talking in a language you don’t know. But you also want a well-behaved, well-disciplined side that will make the most of their talent. Have some fun with 2002 semi-finalists South Korea.

Zabojnik

I got England. Further confirmation that the Brits are going to have a cracking WC. Italy are FUCKED.

They're remaking Grim Fandango? See, now that's a game that DESERVES a remake ffs.

Yep!

Trust me europlebs, Phantom Dust is the best announcement from E3.

But ... I thought you were one of us. :(

Italy's Baggio > Argentina's Messi

Well, that goes without saying. Mosty because Argentina's Messi has been complete shit until now.

So, wait, there's still a chance they might show the new Deux Ex at E3?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy! To be honest, it was the Tuscany answer that swung it. But we could tell what you were after. A decent side with a fair chance of winning, and yet with its own inimitable identity and a manager you could get behind. Pirlo, Balotelli, Cassano – they’re all yours.

"How should football be played?" got me. THE ITALIANS PLAY WITH THEIR HEART GOD DAMMIT. AND CHIELLINI'S HEART IS IN HIS ELBOWS ALRIGHT?

nose

You have to remember that Kojima is on the Konami board (he's a president, or vp) so he's probably acutely aware that Metal Gear is the only thing keeping Konami alive and him and others in a job.

Any new IP from him would likely do well. Us fans demand more MGS so they take the easy root. It seems everything at E3 this year was just playing it safe.

It's not though, all about dem social games (and somehow still PES).

Derp1na

Banned
I got France.

France! First and foremost, you want to see good football. You’re wary of fads and the wilfully obscure. But equally, you’re a thinker, a dreamer, someone who likes to consider the bigger picture, someone with views about broader society. Meet everyone’s favourite footballing sociology study, Les Bleus.

That's me all right.

Germany! Hey, you’re not messing around here. Empathy is weakness. You want a blockbuster side with blue-chip players. You want a manager who’ll put his turtleneck sweater on the line. You’ve landed the rugged and magnificent Germans.

eh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why Argentina doesn’t like its best player, Lionel Messi

Why? Because he isn’t Argentinian enough.

The New York Times travelled to Buenos Aires and Messi’s hometown in Rosario to get to the bottom of why he had never earned the sort of devotion and admiration that Diego Maradona — the man he is constantly compared to — enjoyed.

According to everyone from local cab drivers, to coaches to professional commentators, the issues with Messi are as follows:
• He left Argentina too soon to play football overseas;
• He doesn’t sing along with the national anthem
• He has no passion
• He has no personality
• He doesn’t “feel” the shirt like the other players

The only thing that has saved Messi from being despised entirely is that he kept his accent, according to Argentinian football journalist Martin Mazur.

“The greatest gift for Messi during these years is that he never lost the Argentine accent,” Mazur told The Times.

“You can’t imagine what it would have been (like) for him if he hadn’t had it. They probably would have killed him.”

Added cab driver Dario Torrisi: “We’ve always liked how Messi plays, but we don’t know who he is.”

Explaining the difference between Maradona and Messi in the eyes of an Argentinian, local Pablo Rodriguez explained: “Maradona developed his talent in the mud. I don’t identify with Messi, who was born surrounded by cotton.”

Messi grew up in a lower-middle-class neighbourhood, while Maradona was raised in poverty.

Argentina’s national team left for Brazil on Monday trying to temper the sky-high expectations that have taken hold among some media, fans and even national football officials.

The hundreds of Argentine fans who cheered the team on as it left Buenos Aires in a chartered jet have good reason to be confident.

Argentina has a more close-knit team than when it got crushed by Germany in the quarter-finals four years ago, and 10 goals in qualifying helped Messi go some way towards shaking off his reputation of underachieving for the national team.

I think I mentioned the 'no personality' bit a few weeks ago too. He's just an empty vessel that occasionally vomits. We want more taunting and camera pointing bb

I got Japan by accident the first time because I didn't see the last two questions were choices of 4. Did it again but actually chose those two and got Italy. What is this sorcery reading my mind.

spidye

Spain! Let’s not beat about the bush here: you want a winner. You want guaranteed entertainment, guaranteed style, guaranteed quality. Open your curtains to the defending champions, Spain.

welp, was rooting for spain since 2006 anyways

Zabojnik

Looks like Milan just took Seedorf off their Hall of Fame list, loooool. What the fuck are they doing. First the email thing, now this? Can a Milan-GAF bro confirm this?

EDIT: Okay, apparently he was never on it to begin with. Nevermind.

Your avatar hahahah, I showed Elizabeth your new vine. She loves them. Disappointed about the lack of morph suit though. So, in a way, her E3 has been just as disappointing as yours!

Nestor Strom is a true hero. I've become too fat for my morph suit, I'm emotionally eating my sorrows away, feeding my the last guardian feels.

Explaining the difference between Maradona and Messi in the eyes of an Argentinian, local Pablo Rodriguez explained: “Maradona developed his talent in the mud. I don’t identify with Messi, who was born surrounded by cotton.”

Shit, well now I hate him.

Edit: You changed it man, I meant the E3 2015 one :( Anyway, you can't get too far for a morphsuit, the morphsuit grows with you. It'll always be will you......unlike TLG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom