• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
Ah yeah - which one? I might be getting sent to one of them on secondment.

People either seem to love it or hate it, got a few friends doing the same and they're split too. But hey, it's a very good way to start your career!

Are you in London?

Nah in reading working for deloitte

Yeah it really splits people. In honesty some people are just to lazy for it and don't have the work ethic required.

Trying to get on the arsenal audit for next year. Would be amazing.

omgkitty

Make it focus on Arsenal/Arsene Wenger and it will read like a Lightning rant.
Hey Arsene, go die in a fire you worthless POS manager.

Way to wait until the last day of the transfer window to sign someone. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm going to applaud you for waiting this long to fucking sign someone. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking Ligue 2 player? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how our finances are used. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Ozil because he's supposedly world class. I make two better managers than your entire club combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that we crash out of the league, only to have our squad picked apart by our rivals.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat our rivals to the punch and all our players leave because we fall out of the champions league and never win a tropy.

As an Arsenal fan please go swallow glass.

How's that?

fuenf

The dream is over ManU-GAF. Bild ist reporting that Bayern extended the contracts of Lahm (2018) and Müller (2019). Looks like Müller's antics were just a negotiation ploy.

You can still get Schweini tho.

L1NETT

Bloodborne looks and sounds hot as shit

But watched that giantbomb Destiny thing and some Pvp.....not feeling it. Looks incredibly well put together, but summat lacking. Dunno. Will be interested to see folks in here impressions

And that new Witcher 3 gameplay...my cock

Carbonox

How's that?

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

kharma45

Pretty sure it's £100k.

Also - I hate my job.

I just wanna be a footballer.

We should swap.

Procurement for the MoD. It's alright I suppose, learning alot, but it's very dry slow paced processy work from behind a computer screen.

Where are you working again bobito, I'm sure you told us before but I forgot :(

Or maybe not. You might end up doing analytics for that haha. Thankfully I'm on something else.

Work in audit for a big 4 company. I enjoy it alot, most of the other grads hate it though

Couple of our consulting guys are being used for audit atm. Doesn't really sound too bad tbh, I'd not mind if I was resourced to one for a bit.

Nah in reading working for deloitte

Yeah it really splits people. In honesty some people are just to lazy for it and don't have the work ethic required.

Trying to get on the arsenal audit for next year. Would be amazing.

Boo.

The dream is over ManU-GAF. Bild ist reporting that Bayern extended the contracts of Lahm (2018) and Müller (2019). Looks like Müller's antics were just a negotiation ploy.

Did anyone in United GAF desperately want Muller? Petty sure everyone was luke warm on him (and not convinced he'd move).

We should swap.

Or maybe not. You might end up doing analytics for that haha. Thankfully I'm on something else.

Couple of our consulting guys are being used for audit atm. Doesn't really sound too bad tbh, I'd not mind if I was resourced to one for a bit.

Boo.

You work in Ireland though. Allow dat.

One off procurement rotation. Probably gonna be doing finance or digital if I second. I dunno man I just do what they tell me I have no control :(

kharma45

You work in Ireland though. Allow dat.

One off procurement rotation. Probably gonna be doing finance or digital if I second. I dunno man I just do what they tell me I have no control :(

In theory foundationers with us get to choose their rotations, but you end up getting stuck in to projects for ages so really you only get two or three at best. In theory you change every three months across different competencies but yeah, it doesn't happen.

I'm on my project until the end of November. Tough enough going as I know fuck all about accountancy. Don't really know how it ties in to consulting as it's got frig all to do with it really.

Digital stuff could be good. FS is a love-hate thing I've found.

I'd rather have Sanchez if Jamie Jackson isn't toying with my heart.

Me too.

Nope. We need to sign about 3 or 4 central midfielders, a pacy winger, a left back, a centre back, and perhaps a back-up right back.

Pretty much.

lukewarm on müller?????

what the fuck

He's great but not what we need. We need pacey wingers, not a clever utility player who can rotate through positions.

dc89

Did anyone get in the Destiny Alpha? Didn't receive shit :(

I'm guessing invites have gone out now seeing as people are posting impressions.

Edit: fuck off laptop - tc.

In theory foundationers with us get to choose their rotations, but you end up getting stuck in to projects for ages so really you only get two or three at best. In theory you change every three months across different competencies but yeah, it doesn't happen.

I'm on my project until the end of November. Tough enough going as I know fuck all about accountancy. Don't really know how it ties in to consulting as it's got frig all to do with it really.

Digital stuff could be good. FS is a love-hate thing I've found.

They just lie to us to get us through the door Kharma :( Are you working in house or embedded with clients?

Our 6 month rotations are fixed which can be good/bad. Guaranteed breadth though which can help I suppose.

Yep lots of people wanna leave already haha.

Wilbur

Banned
Have you applied to anything else Nathan?

Nah; managed to get hours at work right now that suit watching loads of the World Cup, and I'm gonna try and save and go away for a month or two; come the new year I'm gonna start applying for things again.

I'm guaranteed a 2:1 now though, got all my results back. Two Firsts, and a bunch of other shit. Should average out around 64/65 overall.

Nah; managed to get hours at work right now that suit watching loads of the FA Cup, and I'm gonna try and save and go away for a month or two; come the new year I'm gonna start applying for things again.

I'm guaranteed a 2:1 now though, got all my results back. Two Firsts, and a bunch of other shit. Should average out around 64/65 overall.

Well done! That's all you need :)

Also how is your blog ever going to be a success if you don't respond to emails or moderate comments? Just a suggestion, really. People might be waiting to interact.

fuenf

I won't judge Destiny before I get a chance to play it. Video's of WoW look incredibly dull too und yet it was easily the most addicting game in the world.

kharma45

They just lie to us to get us through the door Kharma :( Are you working in house or embedded with clients?

Our 6 month rotations are fixed which can be good/bad. Guaranteed breadth though which can help I suppose.

Yep lots of people wanna leave already haha.

Both. The project is a new business proposition so it's still classed as BD (business development) but our work is all client facing as it's providing an accountancy service to SMEs. It's an odd one the way it's classed with us. They want me to lead a client implementation for at least one client so that'll be interesting.

The breadth of knowledge is great to have imo. Gives you a proper overview of how the whole thing works and you get to do everyone's favourite buzzword, NETWORK.

Surprised so many would want to leave. Fast Stream is meant to be one of the best.
But not the best, that's us :p

Nah; managed to get hours at work right now that suit watching loads of the World Cup, and I'm gonna try and save and go away for a month or two; come the new year I'm gonna start applying for things again.

DING DING DING

Sorted lad.

Get applying!

Wilbur

Banned
Well done! That's all you need :)

Also how is your blog ever going to be a success if you don't respond to emails or moderate comments? Just a suggestion, really. People might be waiting to interact.

Cheers m8

and wat

I didnt know I had to moderate comments

and WHAT EMAILS

did you email me

oh i just replied to you xoxo

Carbonox

Did anyone get in the Destiny Alpha? Didn't receive shit :(

I'm guessing invites have gone out now seeing as people are posting impressions.

Edit: fuck off laptop - tc.

Codes for it do not go out until tomorrow apparently (for those lucky enough). Other circumstances led to the current Alpha players having access.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 3m
Blatter tells FIFA Congress in Brazil: "More than 400 billion fans will watch the games through the televisions around the world"

Not even Woodward would go that far, like

Both. The project is a new business proposition so it's still classed as BD (business development) but our work is all client facing as it's providing an accountancy service to SMEs. It's an odd one the way it's classed with us. They want me to lead a client implementation for at least one client so that'll be interesting.

The breadth of knowledge is great to have imo. Gives you a proper overview of how the whole thing works and you get to do everyone's favourite buzzword, NETWORK.

Surprised so many would want to leave. Fast Stream is meant to be one of the best.
But not the best, that's us :p
Ah that sounds interesting. It's good to be working on something a little less conventional I guess, good experience that other people won't have.

The scheme has been restructured so there are some growing pains and people want to get pay rises. Not sure why they joined, never gonna happen in the public sector!

We actually had a dude from pwc working with us in my last posting on a secondment, he was very cool. I was impressed. You are gr8.

Can anyone recommend a plugin for Firefox that lets you download YouTube videos in 1080p? DownloadHelper only goes up to 720p.

Not a firefox plugin, but you if you can't find anything you could just get the trial for IDM.

Bought it a few years ago and it works pretty well for me.

Tc91

Codes for it do not go out until tomorrow apparently (for those lucky enough). Other circumstances led to the current Alpha players having access.

Ahhh good stuff. Hopefully I get in, not gonna say it looks boring or whatever until I play it.

---

Caught the end of the X gameplay stream, looked superb definitely gonna finish Xenoblade before I purchase that.

Gambit

the good news keep on rolling in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom