• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

yeah but can you pause if you need to take a shit?

I rest my case.

ikDiXOudGLyTr.gif

kharma45

Ah that sounds interesting. It's good to be working on something a little less conventional I guess, good experience that other people won't have.

The scheme has been restructured so there are some growing pains and people want to get pay rises. Not sure why they joined, never gonna happen in the public sector!

We actually had a dude from pwc working with us in my last posting on a secondment, he was very cool. I was impressed. You are gr8.

Your starting pay isn't too bad though. We get a rise in September afaik, and a pay review is happening in July for our end of year. Bonuses then too, I'd be surprised if I got one at this stage though. Probably started too late in the year.

Surprised you didn't hate him haha. Some people hate it when we come near businesses, at least in consulting. There is that preconception with some that we are coming to find 'value' and 'improve efficiency'.

Scum

Nah; managed to get hours at work right now that suit watching loads of the World Cup, and I'm gonna try and save and go away for a month or two; come the new year I'm gonna start applying for things again.

I'm guaranteed a 2:1 now though, got all my results back. Two Firsts, and a bunch of other shit. Should average out around 64/65 overall.
Congrats, you old daft cunt.

kharma45

Cheers man.

Worringly, still no idea what I want to do. Guess when the time comes I'll just apply to a million things and see what sticks.

If you're interested in management consulting we have two intakes this year still to come. One in September and one in November. There'll be a good number of places available, couple of hundred or so.

Yen

I think I genuinely could've got 0 on my exam on Friday. That's not good.
Fucking logic. At the mid-term test we had, I got 19/40 but some little shit could 41/40. m8

Meier

Have to say, I am a wee bit nervous about Kun rooming with Messi. He's been posting photos like crazy with him the last few days. I know they're great friends and shit but the Barca rumors coupled with this are going to make this a scary summer.

pulga

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

MIDNA JUST HOOKSHOTTED MAJORAS MASKS MOON, WITH HELP FROM THE GREAT BOBE FAIRY, TO DAMAGE ARGOROK

I CANT BELIEVE I JUST TYPED THAT

FootballFan

Have to say, I am a wee bit nervous about Kun rooming with Messi. He's been posting photos like crazy with him the last few days. I know they're great friends and shit but the Barca rumors coupled with this are going to make this a scary summer.

Maybe it will be the other way around. €350million + Kompany for Messi and he is yours.

Gambit

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

MIDNA JUST HOOKSHOTTED MAJORAS MASKS MOON, WITH HELP FROM THE GREAT BOBE FAIRY, TO DAMAGE ARGOROK

I CANT BELIEVE I JUST TYPED THAT

that was incredible. And the guy playing said "She doesn't care, she's the Twilight Princess!"

They actually got guys for the Treehouse that know games.

Elchele

Nah; managed to get hours at work right now that suit watching loads of the World Cup, and I'm gonna try and save and go away for a month or two; come the new year I'm gonna start applying for things again.

I'm guaranteed a 2:1 now though, got all my results back. Two Firsts, and a bunch of other shit. Should average out around 64/65 overall.

are you coming to Rosario?

TeddyBoy

I think I genuinely could've got 0 on my exam on Friday. That's not good.
Fucking logic. At the mid-term test we had, I got 19/40 but some little shit could 41/40. m8

Logic is absolutely baffling, just have to go for the resit mate and go from there.

LTWheels

Wow.

Papers think Sterling will play behind Sturridge with Rooney wide.

Roy is for real.

I like.

Also when Sterling's played there in a diamond, he is quite good a dropping back into the midfield. Hopefully he will keep doing that under Roy's plans so the gap between Gerrard and Henderson to the front 4 isn't too large.

Arnie

Wurld Kap in less than 2 days guys.

Hype rising.
Was so close to interrupting a conversation at a bus stop to tell some Southern pleb to keep shtum. His voice was killing me. The way his nasal passage cause his voice to sound sent shivers through my knee bones.
Wow.

Papers think Sterling will play behind Sturridge with Rooney wide.

Roy is for real.
Seriously doubt it.

And even if it does happen I'll attribute it to GNev.

If Woy had his way it'd be Lampard as a 10 behind Rooneh.
I remember the beta for CoD4 on Xbox 360. That shit was great
Same.

So fucking good.

Got into that game well ahead of the bandwagon and was one of the first couple of hundred into the beta.

Then I had to jib all my mates in through the download history trick.

Clegg

Lads, lads

I've seen the AC:Unity single player trailer. Free running has been completely overhauled and you now have much more control over your ascent and descent. They've even fully implemented stealth for the first time. Game looks mint.

This Nintendo Treehouse thing is much better than having to watch Spike TV.

Genuinely great band. All of their stuff should be listened too. They're pretty varied too.

Apparently they were trying to arrange it so 65days would play live to the trailer but there wasn't enough time to pull it off. Would've been so good.

Arnie

Little Big Planet 3. Dat gamechanger.
Watched it with colleagues this morning actively wanting to be cynical but I just couldn't.

Toggles gormless mouth has me in gleeful stitches.
Lads, lads

I've seen the AC:Unity single player trailer. Free running has been completely overhauled and you now have much more control over your ascent and descent. They've even fully implemented stealth for the first time. Game looks mint.
Looks great, doesn't it.

Only properly next gen looking title for this calendar year.

I like.

Also when Sterling's played there in a diamond, he is quite good a dropping back into the midfield. Hopefully he will keep doing that under Roy's plans so the gap between Gerrard and Henderson to the front 4 isn't too large.

Yeah. I think Rooney tends to either drop too deep, meaning that even when he picks the ball up there are 3 oppo midfielders in front of him, or stay too far forward, giving our own midfield no link to pass to and making him easy to pick up for a DM or CB (especially as Italy will have 3 CBs, a DM and a deep-lying CM)

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah. I think Rooney tends to either drop too deep, meaning that even when he picks the ball up there are 3 oppo midfielders in front of him, or stay too far forward, giving our own midfield no link to pass to and making him easy to pick up for a DM or CB (especially as Italy will have 3 CBs, a DM and a deep-lying CM)

Rooney's okay for ten minutes but the longer a game goes on the further he pushes up the field making it a 4-4-2, and then he just charges around with no regard for tactical shape. He must be eliminated.

Carbonox

Lads, lads

It looks fucking amazing. The parkour system gives my pickle a godly tickle.

Most hyped game of the year and along with Arkham Knight my game of the show so far.

Clegg

Watched it with colleagues this morning actively wanting to be cynical but I just couldn't.

Toggles gormless mouth has me in gleeful stitches.

Looks great, doesn't it.

Only properly next gen looking title for this calendar year.
It looks like you can finally be a proper assassin. I'm a big fan of the series but previous iterations played more like a brawler simulator than an assassin game.

wedward

hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom