• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Ben Rumsby ‏@ben_rumsby 2m
Breaking: Blatter has called for a challenge system to be introduced in football, like tennis. Two challenges per manager.

Can anyone explain how this works? not a big tennis watcher

Breaking: Blatter has called for a challenge system to be introduced in football, like tennis. Two challenges per manager.

Basically, it means that at the start of the match the managers will be given two challenges. If they dispute a call by the referee, they will ask the fourth official for a challenge. The call will be evaluated elsewhere by officials using technology. If the referee was correct then the manager loses a challenge (thus having 1 left), if he was incorrect the manager keeps the challenge (thus having 2 left).

LTWheels

This is basically Blatter's bribe to get everyone calling for FIFA/WC reform and change off his back.

Arnie

Sounds like Halo 5 is retreating from COD influences of Halo 4:

@bradford_welch
Arena means what you'd expect - competitive focus, level playing field, map control. Spartan abilities are player mechanics not loadout AAs.
Highlight of E3 if actually true.

L1NETT

Highlight of E3 if actually true.

Frankie on the Giantbomb After show thingy echoed those thoughts. Paraphrasing here, but was like need to get back to balanced, pure Halo etc etc

And they have the geeza who did the Starcraft ranking system....deep breathes Arnie.

Abraxas

Frankie on the Giantbomb After show thingy echoed those thoughts. Paraphrasing here, but was like need to get back to balanced, pure Halo etc etc

And they have the geeza who did the Starcraft ranking system....deep breathes Arnie.
I'm afraid halo is dead to me. Reach and 4 burned me too hard.

L1NETT

I'm afraid halo is dead to me. Reach and 4 burned me too hard.

Fair. 4 was a steaming pile of badly designed donkey poop.

Will give this beta a fair crack before I decide 343 are all a bunch of quims and begrudgingly accept FPS are dead bar Far Cry and that Timespiltters Rewind thingy

Arnie

Coverage in the run up to beta will decide whether I purchase an Xbox One. One of my key gripes with 4, which Frankie knows because I've had some pretty lengthy discussions about this with him in the community thread, was the lack of a competitive ranking system. So that they've employed the guy who helped design one of the best competitive ranking systems in the industry to date is a huge waft of pleasant air around my goolies.

Feorax

The quality level of the Assasisns Creed series is erratic to say the list, but damn if their cinematic trailers aren't fucking amazing.

I hated 3 and I'm still struggling to push on midway into 4, and yet I'm still sold on Unity.

Dat French Revolution. Ubi got me by the balls...

Salvadora

z21cEEP.jpg

holy fucking shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom