• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dwgirIQ.png

I haven't bought a Memphis jersey :(!

I went with Robben for this one, gonna buy my Memphis one for the Euros in 2016.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
what would Arsenal fans think if the board did not sanction the Fab move?

Meier

Gus Johnson - watched a lot of college basketball and has the ability to raise his voice.
Thankfully he isn't until next time. Ian Darke will save us this year. Too bad we'll have to deal with Taylor Twellman though. :( Macca is doing some games apparently but not the opening one with Darke. I always enjoyed them together.

Meier

Wasn't posted in here yet but Kolarov extended until 2018. The first of a few long term deals. Nasri to 2019 should be confirmed soonish.

what would Arsenal fans think if the board did not sanction the Fab move?

I am more annoyed by the culmination of all Cesc's moves, from the first rumblings of "Barca DNA", etc. to this, than I am with us personally not getting him. I can understand us not needing him, sure. I would absolutely say we should take him because I think this was a fantastic opportunity for us to, for once, have a team with respectable depth, but I can understand us not taking him.

But surely there was somewhere else he could have gone. It may be something I just don't notice for other teams because I'm not concerned with them, but I'm a bit annoyed with the consistency with which our players go to direct rivals. Surely that happens to Arsenal more than any other team. Cesc is the only player of note (excusing Hleb and Song) who didn't leave us for a direct Prem rival over the past few years, but he found his fucking way to one of them anyway.

Clegg

I'm sure its already been mentioned here before but I'll put it here in case it hasn't.

Quoting this directly from the latest UWS mag: "A high ranking member of the United hierarchy was the recipient of a surprising phone call on the day of Moyes' dismissal. The caller wanted to register his interest in the vacant manager position and was keen to cite his track record in England. He spent 10 minutes on the phone and was assured his interest would be noted. He added that it would be an honour to be considered for the role with the biggest club in the world. Unfortunately for Roberto Mancini, the board went for Louis van Gaal".

omgkitty

I'm sure Wenger wishes he could have signed Cesc if only to keep people from asking him about it. Already had several reports in my twitter feed of Arsene not responding very well to being bugged about it. As much as people want to give him shit, this has to be extremely hard for him.

Elchele

I'm sure its already been mentioned here before but I'll put it here in case it hasn't.

Quoting this directly from the latest UWS mag: "A high ranking member of the United hierarchy was the recipient of a surprising phone call on the day of Moyes' dismissal. The caller wanted to register his interest in the vacant manager position and was keen to cite his track record in England. He spent 10 minutes on the phone and was assured his interest would be noted. He added that it would be an honour to be considered for the role with the biggest club in the world. Unfortunately for Roberto Mancini, the board went for Louis van Gaal".

sounds like BS

why would Mancini call Manchester United officials to communicate his interest in coaching Bayern?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I like Lee Dixon is the odd man out, hes a tool

I wonder how good Cannavaros English is

Derp1na

Banned
God, Chiles is such a bad presenter.

"I'd have crossed the road to avoid you". Their opening sequence wasn't up to much either.

Wilbur

Banned
I honestly think Barca are being very short sighted with that transfer. Very very short sighted. Xavi's only getting older, Thiago gone. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom