• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Barca fans are angry over the deal too, Arsenal-GAF. Most say 33m is way too low considering the market, and the fact that Mou hates Barcelona and would never sell anything to them.

omgkitty

If we lined up like this next season, would anyone really be that mad about Cesc?

------------Szcz--------------------
Aurier Mert Koscielny Gibbs
--------Bender Ramsey-----
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
-------------Cavani-----------------

+Fabregas
+Costa
-Luiz

£10m net spend

1200.gif

Protip: Don't Bing 'you fucking cunts gif'

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Images on SSN, the police in Brazil arrested a guy, held him down then sprayed something into his eyes, after he was controlled. How can they get away with that?

Probably the only time I've genuinely enjoyed Caressa's & Bergomi's commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKWelB-enUo

Probably Definitely the only Italy video that almost brings me to tears.

That Pirlo pass. That Gila pass. Those two, perfect, shots. Cannnnavaro. Fun fact: Del Piero thought he was celebrating in front of his gf. She actually ended up being in a completely different sector, and Alex was basically celebrating in front of ten thousand Germany supporters.

Images on SSN, the police in Brazil arrested a guy, held him down then sprayed something into his eyes, after he was controlled. How can they get away with that?

Well they are the police and it's in Brazil. What you said there doesn't even sound surprising for the US. "He resisted/made a quick movement/said i had a big nose".

Marc

Just look at the PC, and Chelsea have sealed the deal... never thought I would see that actually happen.

Seriously Arsenal, great job on strengthening your "rivals". Not even pretending to be a challenger these days.

And Cesc pretty much looked for a fight with Chelsea players in every game, will no doubt get accepted the second he arrives.

And that white PS4 is gorgeous, I really should have waited. :(

omgkitty

I'm also totally cool with us signing Vela if it means he actually gets a shot and it doesn't affect our other business. Let him be our 3rd striker and backup to Walcott. I'm not as down on him as everyone else seems to be. He was actually a better player than Cesc in La Liga last season too, and you all seem to want him so damn bad.

Lightning

Banned
Let's get real here Fabregas was more productive for us as much, if not more, than Ramsey and the Ghost
Ghost? He joins our club, we end the annoying trophy drought, and then you take a shit on our best player? Fuck off! I'm annoyed about Cesc being turned down too but would not want him replacing Ozil.

Pressure on Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and GODzil now though. Wenger putting faith in them, especially Ozil since if It fails everyone will automatically blame him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The lack of surprise makes me sad :(

World Cup ruined

doicare

More Bargaining...
Predicting the league is over in June is always a really smart idea
Feel free to quote me at the end of next season when Chelsea have won the league.

Last season they already had the league's best defense by quite some way and it looks like they're going to recall Courtois who is an improvement over Cech and then they'll probably buy another world class fullback as well.

In midfield they have now replaced Lampard with Fabregas and they'll have Matic for an entire season instead of just half a season as they bought him in January.

They already have some of the best wingers in the league and in Hazard they have one of the best wingers in the world.

And on top of that Chelsea's biggest problem last year was they didn't have a world class striker, and they've now solved that problem as well by getting Costa, one of the best strikers in Europe last year.

Chelsea only finished 4 points off the top, do people honestly think that:

Courtois>Cech
New Fullback>Cole
Matic for a full season>Mikel
Fabregas>Lampard
Costa>Torres

Won't get Chelsea at least an extra 4 points next season?

wedward

Ghost? He joins our club, we end the annoying trophy drought, and then you take a shit on our best player? Fuck off! I'm annoyed about Cesc being turned down too but would not want him replacing Ozil.

Pressure on Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and GODzil now though. Wenger putting faith in them, especially Ozil since if It fails everyone will automatically blame him.

Well said.

FeD.nL

Thx guys for the answers, guess it makes sense. Fabregas in an Arsenal shirt just fits. Though a great purchase for Chelsea!

It's Brazil say no more.

So Cesc to Chelsea done, who the hell does LVG want?

They got him for a good price.

K1LLER7

Congrats on the PL title Chelsea Gaf. €33m is a steal for Fabregas. Chelsea found Lampard's replacement in a month. Man Utd still searching for replacements for Roy Keane, Ronaldo and Paul Scholes :_;

United in for another slow summer, linked with everybody, sign nobody but some Dutch midfielder :(

Mr Cola

It's Brazil say no more.

So Cesc to Chelsea done, who the hell does LVG want?

They got him for a good price.

My genuine concern is LvG thinks the team is fine :(, or only plans 1 or 2 changes.

I'd feel a lot better about this if it came out we tried to acquire him but he wanted to join Chelsea (who wouldn't) oh well could be worse....

Could be Arsenal GAF.

inky

My genuine concern is LvG thinks the team is fine :(, or only plans 1 or 2 changes.

I think he's more concerned about who he can get rid of first, lol. Hernandez is almost a certainty I'm thinking, and there have been talks about Nani, Fellaini and even Mata following suit.

Yea, they don't seem to be moving on anyone seriously atm. Whatever happened to that Sanchez story? The other problem is that no one probably wants to join either, and who can blame them?

Tubie

So the Hardline beta is kind of a cluster fuck. Yep, that's Battlefield alright. Zero teamwork.

Every time I play the beta it just makes me want to go back to BF4. The new game modes can end faster than the load times, and I have a feeling they won't have Conquest Large for launch. So this is a BF4 mod, that's more arcade-y, no thanks. BF4 will be alive and running for years so I'll just stick to that (specially after spending $110 on it).

Barzul

If we lined up like this next season, would anyone really be that mad about Cesc?

------------Szcz--------------------
Aurier Mert Koscielny Gibbs
--------Bender Ramsey-----
Walcott Ozil Cazorla
-------------Cavani-----------------

No but will that happen though? Doubt it.

Mr Cola

Itv's coverage starts at 7, the opening ceremoney is 25 minutes long and the game starts at 9

Itv is going to have to fill an hour and a half with their banter.

Why could this not have been on the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom