• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

i got my code

fuck yea 2.5MB/s PSN

Pls where is the other 1.5MB/s Sony?

Soony is so apt these days.

Oh there's football on?

Marc

Shit! Olic so close!

Why is booing cesc unlikely when Arsenal fans boo RVP for joining a less offensive Man United, no city rivalry, money not being the sole factor etc..

Abraxas

Sorry if this has already been posted:

0Hj8tlH.gif

Why is booing cesc unlikely when Arsenal fans boo RVP for joining a less offensive Man United, no city rivalry, money not being the sole factor etc..

Arsenal sold Cesc to Barcelona. They decided to sell, Arsenal decided not to buy him. RVP wanted to leave, Cesc wasn't given the chance to come back, its completely different, if he wasn't wanted at Arsenal (or Barcelona) and gets the chance to sign for a big club with the chance of silverware, he would be nuts and stupid to say no not to upset Arsenal fans, half of whom I see didn't want him back anyway

wedward

I would boo Cesc. I don't know why we aren't booing every Chelsea player. We should.

GETTTTTTTTTTTTT INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

EmiPrime

Calmly speaking we cannot be angry at Wenger until after the transfer window is over. Cesc is a great player but not in the positions we need. If Wenger addresses those then he made the right call.

He's exactly what we needed. He makes a ton of assists and goals and can play anywhere in midfield for when we inevitably have a ton of long term injuries. He can do the "Arteta role" better than Arteta too.

Sadly he's now with the cuntiest team in the league effectively giving them the title.

Also lol Brazil.

wedward

He's exactly what we needed. He makes a ton of assists and goals and can play anywhere in midfield for when we inevitably have a ton of long term injuries. He can do the "Arteta role" better than Arteta too.

Sadly he's now with the cuntiest team in the league effectively giving them the title.

Also lol Brazil.

He can't do Arteta's role.

We need a some who can.

Clegg

In my World Cup predictor I said Brazil would win this game and make it to the final. I know they're not a particularly great side with major deficiencies at the back but sentimentality may have gotten the better of me.

Marc

Arsenal sold Cesc to Barcelona. They decided to sell, Arsenal decided not to sell him. RVP wanted to leave, Cesc wasn't given the chance to come back, its completely different, if he wasn't wanted at Arsenal (or Barcelona) and gets the chance to sign for a big club with the chance of silverware, he would be nuts and stupid to say no not to upset Arsenal fans, half of whom I see didn't want him back anyway

Cesc could have gone to many other clubs I am sure, or forced his contract to play out at Barca. He had other options, lets not pretend he was forced to join chelsea against his smugging will.

I don't get Arsenal fans not wanting him back, sell some of the other midfielders to foreign teams. You get an experienced player back who is better than all your other CM's bar a few months worth of football from Ramsey. Most importantly you don't allow a rival to strengthen. Top 4 alone will be hellish next year you'd think.

wedward

Cesc could have gone to many other clubs I am sure, or forced his contract to play out at Barca. He had other options, lets not pretend he was forced to join chelsea against his smugging will.

I don't get Arsenal fans not wanting him back, sell some of the other midfielders to foreign teams. You get an experienced player back who is better than all your other CM's bar a few months worth of football from Ramsey. Most importantly you don't allow a rival to strengthen. Top 4 alone will be hellish next year you'd think.

We have Santi and Ozil in his position.

Maybe we could have sold Santi, but that was never going to happen after he extended his deal.

Im not saying he was forced, quite the opposite: he didn't have the chance of Arsenal (who had the option and said no) so he picked the option that was best for him, why should he sit out his contract at Barcelona when I'm sure at very least in the circumstances he actually wanted to sign for us.

He'll be a guaranteed starter and an important part of the team, on good money have the chance to win silverware, I'm sure he jumped at that chance when he got offered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom