• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

32 year old Darijo Srna?

I remember the FM network games I had with some friends we'd all battle to sign Srna for 1/2 seasons as he was the best right back on the game.

Sime Vrsaljko was the mini Srna fucking mental always used to snap people.

Marc

He said that much himself... Everyone and their mothers claims he was told to leave Barca though, so no surprise he wanted back to his second home London instead of rotting on the bench at Barca... and when Arsenal didn't come for him the choice seemed pretty clear.

Which he previously said he would never do, of all the teams to pick, apart from Spurs, Chelsea are probably the worst. Especially with Mourinho in charge when he has no love for Wenger.

Not saying he is wrong to do that, his life, but Arsenal fans waving it away as nothing strike me as very odd. Even Chelsea fans welcoming him when he has never said or done much of any good about Chelsea. I would expect boos from Arsenal fans considering who else they boo.

Chelsea definitely go up a notch in the WAG table at least. :)

EmiPrime

He forced his way out of Arsenal. Went on strike to leave. Used his own money to force his way out. Are people forgetting this? Arsenal owe him nothing.

If he loved the club he would have never left.

He was always going to leave for Barcelona eventually. It was inevitable and it was his boyhood club.

Given Arsene's failed youth project and going from Bergkamp and Henry up front to Bendtner and Adebayor (given RVP being a constant sicknote) I don't begrudge him for getting out when he did. It was clear we were going nowhere and I don't expect a world cup winner carrying an entire team to be satisfied with 4th in the league.

Marc

Can you guys please put spoilers in your posts. I plan on recording every match and then marathoning them in one week in August.

Turns out England wins the world cup.

GapxIUf.gif

EmiPrime

Which he previously said he would never do, of all the teams to pick, apart from Spurs, Chelsea are probably the worst. Especially with Mourinho in charge when he has no love for Wenger.

Not saying he is wrong to do that, his life, but Arsenal fans waving it away as nothing strike me as very odd. Even Chelsea fans welcoming him when he has never said or done much of any good about Chelsea. I would expect boos from Arsenal fans considering who else they boo.

Chelsea definitely go up a notch in the WAG table at least. :)

As disgusting as seeing Cesc in a Chelsea shirt is, expecting him to sign for Crystal Palace is a bit unrealistic. ;)

wedward

He was always going to leave for Barcelona eventually. It was inevitable and it was his boyhood club.

Given Arsene's failed youth project and going from Bergkamp and Henry up front to Bendtner and Adebayor (given RVP being a constant sicknote) I don't begrudge him for getting out when he did. It was clear we were going nowhere and I don't expect a world cup winner carrying an entire team to be satisfied with 4th in the league.

That is all well and good, but I don't Arsenal or Arsene owe him anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom