• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bp9Lqm6CYAAhWty.jpg

Dead

Cesc could have gone to many other clubs I am sure.

He said that much himself... Everyone and their mothers claims he was told to leave Barca though, so no surprise he wanted back to his second home London instead of rotting on the bench at Barca... and when Arsenal didn't come for him the choice seemed pretty clear.

Clegg

United chase Fabregas all last summer

Becomes available

Goes to Chelsea

Fuck Me
I don't think there's anything wrong with that tbh. He was a target when Moyes was manager but LvG didn't want him. Last year was different too as the football side of Barca wanted him to stay. This year they were keen on binning him. But this time we weren't in for him.

Lightning

Banned
We have Santi and Ozil in his position.

Maybe we could have sold Santi, but that was never going to happen after he extended his deal.
Santi is only cover though. Plays left wing mostly, where cesc can't play so that would be a bad trade. Draxler would be better as he can play both positions although won't get cesc assists yet but I have utmost faith in Ozil. Cesc for cover is a bit much, 30m it's understandable why wenger didn't do it.

EmiPrime

If Arsenal/Arsene aren't going to show any loyalty to Cesc despite his obvious love of the club and the manager I don't begrudge him going wherever fits his needs even if it's a rival.

I reserve the right to change my opinion if he mouths off in the press or does something on the pitch I don't like.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that tbh. He was a target when Moyes was manager but LvG didn't want him. Last year was different too as the football side of Barca wanted him to stay. This year they were keen on binning him. But this time we weren't in for him.

We should have. He can bring the kind of creativity we need.

I guess we have to wait for WC to be over to see what LVG does. I hope to see a big summer clear out including Fellani

wedward

If Arsenal/Arsene aren't going to show any loyalty to Cesc despite his obvious love of the club and the manager I don't begrudge him going wherever fits his needs even if it's a rival.

I reserve the right to change my opinion if he mouths off in the press or does something on the pitch I don't like.

He forced his way out of Arsenal. Went on strike to leave. Used his own money to force his way out. Are people forgetting this? Arsenal owe him nothing.

If he loved the club he would have never left.

Lightning

Banned

Obvious love for the club? Hahahahahaha he sulked his way out and refused to play for us. He even paid his way out. You're reaching friend.

Player loyalty does not exist.

Clegg

We should have. He can bring the kind of creativity we need.

I guess we have to wait for WC to be over to see what LVG does. I hope to see a big summer clear out including Fellani
He's more of a number 10 now and we already have enough quality options in that position. He's still a good option when playing deeper and would easily be our best CM but LvG is looking at different players. Nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom