• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

dNwkiVI.gif

absolutely disgusting. shameful.

disgraceful.

wedward

Excellence and complacency never were compatible. It´s pretty sad to see Arsenal fans swearing at Cesc instead of putting the focus on the giant ineptitude of that senile grandpa that they have as manager. That´s the real issue, not cesc.

No wonder they are a fucking irrelevant/small time club. But hey, there is no problem, Arsene, they are happy winning one fucking title, a fucking FA cup, in 9 years. I wish I have the same, non- existent, exigencies at work. Arsenal fans are hilarious.

Why do people keep saying this? Aside from maybe twitter, most Arsenal fans, at least the ones on here, aren't mad at Cesc.

It's also the fact that Chelsea are full of cunts.

Salvadora

Excellence and complacency never were compatible. It´s pretty sad to see Arsenal fans swearing at Cesc instead of putting the focus on the giant ineptitude of that senile grandpa that they have as manager. That´s the real issue, not cesc.

No wonder they are a fucking irrelevant/small time club. But hey, there is no problem, Arsene, they are happy winning one fucking title, a fucking FA cup, in 9 years. I wish I have the same, non- existent, exigencies at work. Arsenal fans are hilarious.
What a pile of shit.

Good lord.

jtb

Banned
also

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.

holy shit how cunty can a club be?

Barzul

Could be worse, we could have won nothing in 10 years. No one can really predict what happens next for us.

Barzul

I'm not mad at Cesc. I don't love him anymore, but he moved to fucking Chelsea so that was inevitable. it'd be one thing if we were in for him and he turned us down, but we weren't and he didn't.

omgkitty

I'm not mad at Cesc. I don't love him anymore, but he moved to fucking Chelsea so that was inevitable. it'd be one thing if we were in for him and he turned us down, but we weren't and he didn't.

I just want to know where the hell all the other big clubs were. PSG, Monaco, Juve, Bayern. Y U NO BUY CESC?

Lightning

Banned

Lol what a fucking idiot you are.

doicare

You can't look at it like that lol

What happens if Crystal Palace score from a corner in the 94th minute or the new fullback gives away a penalty which loses them a game etc.

You can't predict football so stop.
*Facepalm* Yep Chelsea significantly making their team better by signing world class players in the key positions they need them in can surely only mean they'll be a worse team next year...

jtb

Banned
here's the thing: Arteta is shit, Wilshere is nowhere near Cesc's quality (even his low Barca standards) and we don't even know if he ever would be. there's a limited quantity of world class players out there, let alone ones that come for 30m. (probably cheaper with a buy back, etc.)

what other world class players are available this summer? and that are wiling to sign for us instead of go to Madrid/Barcelona/etc.? very few, I imagine.

this wouldn't even be as appalling if Wenger planned on filling all of our needs this summer, but he never is and he won't this summer. why the fuck haven't we bought Aurier already? what the hell is going on? I think Vela is great business—but don't tell me we passed on Cesc just so that we could have the financial flexibility to spend a pittance on a good, but certainly not great, player. (also, don't tell me that the whole returning to a club thing doesn't work either because, again: Vela)

so, in short, fuck Wenger. fuck right off.

Razor554

So Cesc is officially gone. What a flop he was for us, can't remember a single big game where he was MoM.

Hope Racitic will officially be Barca player before end of the week.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wooden that is the most unsettling gif I have ever seen, holy shit

Lightning

Banned
here's the thing: Arteta is shit, Wilshere is nowhere near Cesc's quality (even his low Barca standards) and we don't even know if he ever would be. there's a limited quantity of world class players out there, let alone ones that come for 30m. (probably cheaper with a buy back, etc.)

what other world class players are available this summer? and that are wiling to sign for us instead of go to Madrid/Barcelona/etc.? very few, I imagine.

this wouldn't even be as appalling if Wenger planned on filling all of our needs this summer, but he never is and he won't this summer. why the fuck haven't we bought Aurier already? what the hell is going on? I think Vela is great business—but don't tell me we passed on Cesc just so that we could have the financial flexibility to spend a pittance on a good, but certainly not great, player. (also, don't tell me that the whole returning to a club thing doesn't work either because, again: Vela)

so, in short, fuck Wenger. fuck right off.
Cesc would take Ramsey's and Ozil's minutes. Cesc can't play an Arteta role, nor can any other midfielder we have aside from.Flamini. The only players who play in positions cesc plays is Ozil and Ramsey. Bringing up Cazorla or anyone else is silly because Cesc can't play left wing, he can't play anchor midfield. He would have been a depth signing since Ramsey's development dictates he must play and Ozil is well Ozil. Shift Ozil on the wing or bench him and he leaves simple as that.

I wanted Cesc but logically speaking in terms of needs and playing position it's easy to see why wenger didn't do it. We'll need to see who we eventually get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom