• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

roger bennett ‏@rogbennett
It is happening @ESPN_JorgeRamos reports FIFA ask US Soccer to have organizing comittee ready if 2022 WC is not in Qatar

Tegris

Why? Unless they already have the stadiums like the US, I don't see why Australia should get it.

I can actually go to it if it is in the US.

Australia definitely already has plenty of excellent stadia. The MCG, SCG, Etihad, Hockey Park, ANZ, Allianz, Suncorp etc. are all modern and hold 40,000+.

Australia have ton of good stadiums. That 90,000 capacity stadium that Liverpool played their pre-season last summer was amazing.

I was there, it was incredible (although the pitch was a reasonable distance away from the stands given that it's a cricket ground).

Salvadora

Why? Unless they already have the stadiums like the US, I don't see why Australia should get it.

I can actually go to it if it is in the US.
Because the United States held it not that long ago in World Cup history and Australia has never held it.

It would help build the sport in that region too. Don't buy into the record attendance bollocks either, else we should only rotate it between, like, 3 countries.

It's only fair.

#injustica.

Australia have ton of good stadiums. That 90,000 capacity stadium that Liverpool played their pre-season last summer was amazing.

Australia definitely already has plenty of excellent stadia. The MCG, SCG, Etihad, Hockey Park, ANZ, Allianz, Suncorp etc. are all modern and hold 40,000+.
Shit, that's good to hear.

In that case I still want it in the US. Because I can actually go to that. \o/

Elchele

roger bennett ‏@rogbennett
It is happening @ESPN_JorgeRamos reports FIFA ask US Soccer to have organizing comittee ready if 2022 WC is not in Qatar

sounds like a normal thing to do, to have a backup -realistic- option. But I think Qatar selection will prevail.

L1NETT

What part of the states would it be in? No clue where the major football hubs are....

Would deffo try and go to Seattle or California. Need to go to San Diego again soon anyways

sounds like a normal thing to do, to have a backup -realistic- option. But I think Qatar selection will prevail.

Fucking hope not

L1NETT

The next two World Cups will be a shambles. Make it three, including this one.

FIFA are all about equality and fairness

But don't be an out gay player in 2022 because you are illegal and won't be allowed

Charming innit

"In January 2010, 18 cities and 21 stadia were selected for the final bid. The cities were Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington, D.C. The cities with multiple qualifying stadia were Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas and Washington."

Oh blimey it's all over the shop. Flying about loads then

What part of the states would it be in? No clue where the major football hubs are....
"In January 2010, 18 cities and 21 stadia were selected for the final bid. The cities were Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa, and Washington, D.C. The cities with multiple qualifying stadia were Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas and Washington."

GorillaJu

I'll have moved back home by then I'm sure. Go USA! LETS DO THIS. WC 2022 Opening game San Diego USA v Argentina GAf Oficcial freaaaddd already in the works!

King_Moc

Banned
But our 2018 bid was rejected and that would have been a 52 year gap :(

It would be ridiculous if the USA had it again, considering how popular football is in the UK.

I would consider the idea that FIFA were trying to make football more popular in countries where it's notconsidered a top sport, but it's be replacing the world cup in FUCKING QATAR.

Salvadora

I think Australia deserves the WC over the US but I'd be able to drive down to watch games in Seattle. Hmm
You would be blindfolded, thrown in a white van and flown to a CIA black site.

No Russian.
It would be ridiculous if the USA had it again, considering how popular football is in the UK.

I would consider the idea that FIFA were trying to make football more popular in countries where it's notconsidered a top sport, but it's be replacing the world cup in FUCKING QATAR.
Are they fuck.

Just give it to us FIFA. I mean you said we could host it tomorrow, so I think we could do pretty well with 8 years to prepare.

Also, Russia is not really Europe so don't worry about 2018.

jey_16

Banned
If USA gets it for 2022 then Australia could get it for 2026 since Qatar winning 2022 prevented us from bidding for it

also...long time lurker posting for the first time!

Salvadora

In a way, Russia is outside Europe when you think about it.

Not even speaking geographically, but culturally and politically it very much feels separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom