• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp1na

Banned
Anderlecht also won the Uefa cup and they won the belgian championship 3 times in the 70's and 4 times in the 80's, far from a walkover.. and there wasn't much gap beetween the top european leagues and the others compared to today.. Dynamo Dresden reach a Uefa cup semifinal in 1989 and before them, Leipzig reached that stage in 1973..Magdeburg won a CWC and finally no East Germany team ever reached a EC semifinal

The Belgian teams who won in the other years must have been very good teams as well then. I'm not saying the UEFA Cup was some sort of really difficult to win competition like the Champions League is today, just that it was tougher than the European Cup. The average route to a UEFA Cup final was much tougher than the average route to the European Cup final. It just so happened that Dresden got a pretty easy draw in the UEFA Cup that year compared to some of the other teams (seriously, I had a look). They were regular quarter finalists in the European Cup, but they were likely to run into one of the big German, Spanish, Italian or English clubs at that stage.

Salvadora

Dortmund need a few lessons from the ultimate selling club, Arsenal, on how to get value from their players.

Namely, don't put release clauses in the contracts.

Amateur move.

Barzul

Dortmund need a few lessons from the ultimate selling club, Arsenal, on how to get value from their players.

Amateur move.

ademani.jpg

We sold him for 25 million pounds. Get on our level Dortmund.

Lightning

Banned

Amateur move.
Fabregas' fee says don't follow Arsenal's example. Benfica would be a better example.

And we sold the best striker in the league at the time to fucking United. Fuck wenger for that.

Barzul

Fabregas' fee says don't follow Arsenal's example. Benfica would be a better example.

And we sold the best striker in the league at the time to fucking United. Fuck wenger for that.

It was that or he left for them for a free anyway. Or would you rather be in Dortmund's position now where he still leaves for their league rivals but for 0?

Elchele

It was that or he left for them for a free anyway. Or would you rather be in Dortmund's position now where he still leaves for their league rivals but for 0?

you know they probably made more money by keeping him than what they could have made by selling him in his last year of contract?
not to mention how massively important he was to keep Dortmund "going" this season

Pennywise

They didn't had much choice, nobody knows if Bayern actually made an offer to Dortmund.

Mou wanted him badly, but he wanted to join Bayern no matter what.
Otherwise Dortmund might have sold him, there were clubs who would have paid alot of money even with the short contract time left.

That might have been the plan until Götze left.

Lightning

Banned
At RVP's age would have rathered leave for free. Better than handing United the title like we did.

Jarnet87

At RVP's age would have rathered leave for free. Better than handing United the title like we did.

That title was our regardless of RVP. He scored a lot of goals but we'd of made it up elsewhere (Welbeck, Hernandez, Kagawa, etc.) We scored more goals the year before without RVP. Plus the league was awful that year.

To be honest, even if Moyes won us the CL this year (and that's a pretty big if) I would still want him to be replaced because some of his tactics this season has been horrendous.

GQman2121

Banned
I see we've had a causality.

Man Men finale tonight. I hope they bring the drama. 12 months is a long wait for a second half of a season. Also, Hannibal's finale has set the bar fairly high.

I see we've had a causality.

Man Men finale tonight. I hope they bring the drama. 12 months is a long wait for a second half of a season. Also, Hannibal's finale has set the bar fairly high.

Well Hannibal's finale was by far one of the greatest season finales of all time, I doubt Mad Men can match it.

pulga

Banned
To me, this little fellow, have been the best LB in the world for the past few years:

San Iker should be 1st goalkeeper next season in all competitions.

While I totally agree on Marcelo, can't say I can get behind Iker so soon after his shambolic display. The romantic in me wants to, but I don't know. He even did the same mistake TWICE last night, ffs!

Pachimari

Our heroes enjoying themselves:

La Décima have removed a lot from our shoulders. And at least for me, I can relax more in the coming years. I hope we can become the first club to win the CL twice in a row next season, and that alone will be motivation again.

We will also participate in the World Cup for Clubs right?

Pachimari

While I totally agree on Marcelo, can't say I can get behind Iker so soon after his shambolic display. The romantic in me wants to, but I don't know. He even did the same mistake TWICE last night, ffs!

I agree on your analysis of him from last nights game.

Yet, Diego Lopez haven't been on the level of the prior season and has been shaky throughout La Liga.

In other news, Sergio Ramos has dedicated the trophy to Pitina Perez; Florentino's wife who sadly passed away 2 years ago.

pulga

Banned
Our heroes enjoying themselves:

La Décima have removed a lot from our shoulders. And at least for me, I can relax more in the coming years. I hope we can become the first club to win the CL twice in a row next season, and that alone will be motivation again.

We will also participate in the World Cup for Clubs right?

Yes! Feels so good to have this monkey off our back, finally. The players themselves will undoubtedly play better without this unbearable pressure, the desperation did us in plenty of times.

Can't wait for it, really hope we win it so we get the CWC badge and the 10th CL patch on a single kit. Getting Ramos FOR SURE! We also get to play the European Supercup and Spanish Supercup, so that's three more titles we have on the line! Glorious Decima!

zeron

Banned
so is Diego Lopez going to be here next year? i cant imagine iker wanting to be the cup goalkeeper again ( maybe Diego takes over copa and does some champions league and la liga games?)

Pachimari

10364135_10150601348449953_6693169759918158585_n.jpg

What a legend San Iker.
it was funny reading in the UCL final thread entitled EPL fans calling him overrated and shit

Wut!? Really? Thank god I missed all of that. Iker Casillas is the worlds best goalkeeper. And I do recognize the likes of Buffon, Neuer, Cech, Courtious etc.

Pachimari

so is Diego Lopez going to be here next year? i cant imagine iker wanting to be the cup goalkeeper again ( maybe Diego takes over copa and does some champions league and la liga games?)

One of them will leave for sure.

I imagine it'll be Diego Lopez leaving, and Casillas getting back to being the 1st goalkeeper. Then we might get Casilla back as 2nd goalkeeper or perhaps use other youth players to at least fill out the 3rd spot, but I can't see Jesus promoted to 2nd goalkeeper.

zeron

Banned
One of them will leave for sure.

I imagine it'll be Diego Lopez leaving, and Casillas getting back to being the 1st goalkeeper. Then we might get Casilla back as 2nd goalkeeper or perhaps use other youth players to at least fill out the 3rd spot, but I can't see Jesus promoted to 2nd goalkeeper.

it would be Diego leaving, kind of feel bad for him. He came with quality when we need him most, now he gets the door.

At least he has a copa and champions league win to his career, i can see top epl clubs going for him

pulga

Banned
Because by then Honduras will be already eliminated so the World Cup will be over for you, and Wilbz won't be forced to interact with you here ever again.

The Canadian education system must be failing if you somehow managed to extract an elimination after only one game played :/ at least you'll always have health care, eh?

zeron

Banned
anyone else unpatriotic like me?

i am Nigerian by birth, but i support portugal instead because i am a ronaldo fan and Nigeria is a piece of shit. I hope they dont make it past the group stage

:lol major drama in the Watch Dogs PC thread. Everyone who posted impression/screenshots has to provide proof they actually own the game and that's it's playable through uplay

The Canadian education system must be failing if you somehow managed to extract an elimination after only one game played :/ at least you'll always have health care, eh?
Thats_the_joke.jpg

My sweet plug, Honduras is already eliminated, the first game will simply make it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom