• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
anyone else unpatriotic like me?

i am Nigerian by birth, but i support portugal instead because i am a ronaldo fan and Nigeria is a piece of shit. I hope they dont make it past the group stage

That's me. I'm an American, but couldn't careless how the USA do in the tourney.The sport is a punching bag for our media and is only really covered every four years. In fact, if I were a pro footballer I would decline to be selected for the team. That's how little I care about Team USA and International football results as a whole.

I'm actually rooting for Nigeria to do quite well. :p

rodvik

I think so, he's the current favourite and coming out with quotes about it being his dream job etc.

Please God, no...

You deserve better. Pretty uninspiring manager.

Selfishly though, I hope you get someone sorted quickly. I am in the <30% of Villa fans who want Lambert to stay. I would hate to have him tempted to leave.

LegoArmo

You deserve better. Pretty uninspiring manager.

Selfishly though, I hope you get someone sorted quickly. I am in the <30% of Villa fans who want Lambert to stay. I would hate to have him tempted to leave.

Lambert would be my first choice, followed by Moyes, you're smart wanting him to stay.

rodvik

Young with a lot of potential too. Villa play some exciting counter attacking stuff, as well. I like watching them.

he can be flexible too when he wants. not as much as he was at Norwich though sadly.

For Celtic I wonder if someone from outside the Celtic family might be good? Dont laugh but I really have been impressed by McClaren at Derby.

LegoArmo

he can be flexible too when he wants. not as much as he was at Norwich though sadly.

For Celtic I wonder if someone from outside the Celtic family might be good? Dont laugh but I really have been impressed by McClaren at Derby.

Being part of the Celtic family isn't important to me, just a suitable, decent manager, with a good bit of top flight history. McLaren probably wouldn't leave Derby, but I'd definitely have him, or almost anyone over Coyle.

rodvik

Being part of the Celtic family isn't important to me, just a suitable, decent manager, with a good bit of top flight history. McLaren probably wouldn't leave Derby, but I'd definitely have him, or almost anyone over Coyle.

You never know. McLaren maybe up for it. But yeah, Coyle, not very inspiring.

Barzul

Got another Nigerian in the thread even though he was an unpatriotic one and he got banned almost instantly. What happened?

Noirulus

BohmidRIQAAFZ-M.jpg

I really didn't think we'd win the Decima in Carlo's first year. This was such a fantastic season for Real Madrid fans.

Turok_TTZ

Benz had an average season (would have been a bad season if not for his assists and overall play). Needs to do better next year (if he renews.)
failed overall in the conversion ratio. however, his Champions league ratio is fantastic @ 25% or 1 goal every 4 chances. Well I guess that's good enough. Still needs to do much better in the league but it seems Benz like Carlo is complacent in the league.

I wonder if we will sell him or renew him this summer? I'm certain Carlo would like to keep him since he is a great overall player. Though I am well aware he already has a replacement in mind should Benz fail to renew but once again, We're currently set to continue with most of the squad besides signing one more midfielder.

I do not expect madrid to sign any forward unless morata leaves and/or Benz does not renew. I see us signing a midfielder as Carlo is not confident in Casemiro unfortunately.

Benz had an average season (would have been a bad season if not for his assists and overall play). Needs to do better next year (if he renews.)
failed overall in the conversion ratio. however, his Champions league ratio is fantastic @ 25% or 1 goal every 4 chances. Well I guess that's good enough. Still needs to do much better in the league but it seems Benz like Carlo is complacent in the league.

I thought he was alright and made a support striker with Ronaldo/Bale as the main attacking threat.

Meier

:lol major drama in the Watch Dogs PC thread. Everyone who posted impression/screenshots has to provide proof they actually own the game and that's it's playable through uplay

I think that zeron guy above got the perma ban hammer because of it, but it may have been due to his shit talking in the American soccer thread. Either way, I chuckled.

GorillaJu

I'm curious what happens with the people who admitted to pirating the game despite having bought the preorder. If i were going purely off of the rules, I'd say bans for all of them. The fact that there are several who fit that scenario (half so far if not more) kind of makes a mockery of publisher claims that they'd have made so much money if it weren't for pirates, as these are customers who just wanted to play it early.

Facism

haven't slept all night. Couple of Blue Tit chicks got abandoned by their mother in our loft and i've been making sure they make it through till 11am so we can take them to the wildlife shelter 30 miles away. Feeding them a mixture of mushed up seeds and slugs lol.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Alot of people in here request bans and I cant help but think they regret it pretty quickly :3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bought Wolfenstein just now after hearing waaaay too much good about it :3, with this and watch dogs tomorrow gaming is getting exciting again.

Shame the fucking football is depressing as shit

FootballFan

haven't slept all night. Couple of Blue Tit chicks got abandoned by their mother in our loft and i've been making sure they make it through till 11am so we can take them to the wildlife shelter 30 miles away. Feeding them a mixture of mushed up seeds and slugs lol.

Legend.

Good on you :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So it seems Levy will decide on the new manager in the next 48 hours, De Boer has a real chance of getting it now. Apparently Levy prefers MoPo but the board are pushing him to appoint FDB.

So it seems Levy will decide on the new manager in the next 48 hours, De Boer has a real chance of getting it now. Apparently Levy prefers MoPo but the board are pushing him to appoint FDB.

Why? Less compensation/better English/record of winning things/juggling European football with domestic? Or do they just want to definitely get FDB, rather than spending ages trying to get Poccetino and potentially ending up with neither?

Think Poccetino would have been boss for you

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why? Less compensation/better English/record of winning things/juggling European football with domestic? Or do they just want to definitely get FDB, rather than spending ages trying to get Poccetino and potentially ending up with neither?

Think Poccetino would have been boss for you

I think Levy likes MoPo's football and his use of young players, that's his priority. Him being cheaper and having PL experience is a bonus. I think we'll end up getting him but FDB has his qualities as well, I just want it done. We need to start working on the squad.

I see Welbeck is talking about leaving United again, I'd take him, Ade and Kane as our strikers and ship out Soldado. I think those three much better suit our style of football, big lads who can drive at defences from outside the box or hold the ball up for others. Same with Lukaku. I don't like 'fox in the box' types anymore.

sohois

Seems like the De Boer preference has more to do with Pochettino sticking with Southampton than Tottenham changing their minds, at least based on what 3Sixty has been saying the past few days.

Of course every club is going to try and shape the narrative to reflect well on themselves, but to me it still seems more likely that Southampton have persuaded Pochettino to stay and reject Spurs than the Spurs board simply changing their mind.

Jack cw

:lol major drama in the Watch Dogs PC thread. Everyone who posted impression/screenshots has to provide proof they actually own the game and that's it's playable through uplay

Ubisoft is amazing. I bet they forced evilore to do this. The mass bans will be funny though.

I'm an America who has little time to follow football, so I've turned to my PS4 and FIFA to learn more about the beautiful game. I randomly chose Chelsea as my first team out of the box. I've now come to learn that most of the players I've gotten familiar with are either being sold or having their contracts run out. I mean, since November, the only team I've used has been Chelsea. I know of Mata's ball skills and Ramirez speed and motor, I know that et'o can score but he scant rarely stay upright. David Luis could stop any attack just by looking at the attacking player. He's that good. Hazard was my favorite because I could shoot from anywhere and he could put it through so long he has enough time to set the kick.

Anyway, all this time, effort, to learn a squad and then they all pretty much just leave.... Is this bad luck or this pretty typical of the ups and downs of following the ELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom