• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Gaming side continues to be a joke. When was the last time I visited it? Damn. There are some very helpful threads there though.

pulga

Banned
I'm an America who has little time to follow football, so I've turned to my PS4 and FIFA to learn more about the beautiful game. I randomly chose Chelsea as my first team out of the box. I've now come to learn that most of the players I've gotten familiar with are either being sold or having their contracts run out. I mean, since November, the only team I've used has been Chelsea. I know of Mata's ball skills and Ramirez speed and motor, I know that et'o can score but he scant rarely stay upright. David Luis could stop any attack just by looking at the attacking player. He's that good. Hazard was my favorite because I could shoot from anywhere and he could put it through so long he has enough time to set the kick.

Anyway, all this time, effort, to learn a squad and then they all pretty much just leave.... Is this bad luck or this pretty typical of the ups and downs of following the ELP?

I really hope youre talking strictly FIFA lol

but most sane managers dont sell off their players like that, but Mou gonna Mou

I'm an America who has little time to follow football, so I've turned to my PS4 and FIFA to learn more about the beautiful game. I randomly chose Chelsea as my first team out of the box. I've now come to learn that most of the players I've gotten familiar with are either being sold or having their contracts run out. I mean, since November, the only team I've used has been Chelsea. I know of Mata's ball skills and Ramirez speed and motor, I know that et'o can score but he scant rarely stay upright. David Luis could stop any attack just by looking at the attacking player. He's that good. Hazard was my favorite because I could shoot from anywhere and he could put it through so long he has enough time to set the kick.

Anyway, all this time, effort, to learn a squad and then they all pretty much just leave.... Is this bad luck or this pretty typical of the ups and downs of following the ELP?
It's pretty much what can happen anywhere, not just in the PL and/or Chelsea. Nowadays, everybody has a pricetag (sometimes really high, like £40m high) and is willing to leave when the right offer is presented, a few years ago there were players who would've stayed their entire career in the same club.

Suen

Carletto singing the new anthem live at the Bernabeu

Easily the best moment of the night, I LOVE HIM! SORRY FOR NOT BELIEVING IN YOU WHEN YOU WERE FIRST LINKED TO THE CLUB!!!

but he was so fucking out of rhythm hahah
I wasn't happy about him coming either at first (though I did agree to be patient and give him a chance) but he wasn't exactly doing a spectacular job the first half of the season. It was expected but also good enough to voice some concerns about where the team was going.

kharma45

I'd ban half the posters for the stupid comments being made in relation to the game.

All I see is 'hurr durr i need an i7 and 6GB of VRAM' when in reality it's just another badly made Ubisoft PC title.

There is a lot of squad turnaround in the EPL but yes, choosing Chelsea was a bad choice. They are funded by a Russion billionaire who demands success so there have been a lot of different managers who all want to bring in their own choice of players. Mourinho is known for being tempermental so players will come and go under his regime. Manchester United are more stable and they keep hold of the same players year after year; hence why they finished 7th.

Anyway, my best advice is to keep playing Fifa & learn to love the new players that come in (Costa from Atletico Madrid is highly linked).

bobito

Banned
I'd ban half the posters for the stupid comments being made in relation to the game.

All I see is 'hurr durr i need an i7 and 6GB of VRAM' when in reality it's just another badly made Ubisoft PC title.

I enjoy how gaf has gone from not caring about ram at all, to it being the most important thing ever.

FootballFan

Just bad luck. Chelsea clearing out their team atm.

sohois

Chelsea is a particularly bad example, they are the original joke club, continually cycling through managers and players to satisfy the whims of a Russian oligarch. Most teams will have a lot more stability than that, though quick player turnover is just a fact of football.

Does gaf still allow music/film piracy or is that hypocrisy still ongoing?

Music/Film piracy is more 'frowned upon' on Gaf compared to the insta death of gaming piracy; clear references to pirating material or requests for sources will get bans, but seemingly not permanent and there are often situations where posters will skirt around the issue or it will be obvious someone had to have pirated but they go unpunished and there is never a witch hunt. But it's not a hypocrisy.

This is usually the case with Chelsea although this year it's because mourinho has come back and expects his players to play in a certain way hence why we got rid of Mata as he couldn't defend, there's also a few more leaving this year as well because quite a few of our big players over the years are getting older now and will probably move on e.g. Lampard and Cole next year I expect less first team players to leave.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Music/Film piracy is more 'frowned upon' on Gaf compared to the insta death of gaming piracy; clear references to pirating material or requests for sources will get bans, but seemingly not permanent and there are often situations where posters will skirt around the issue or it will be obvious someone had to have pirated but they go unpunished and there is never a witch hunt. But it's not a hypocrisy.

Album threads are filled with people hoping for them to leak and then discussing them,

Man those salty tears of Ronaldo haters are still substaining me even 2 days after the final. German sport websites filled with them. Don't no why especially Germans are brimming so much with hate.

Anyone played the new Wolfenstein game? I hear it's really good, and I'm in the mood for an old-school FPS...

Edit: oh, and anyone else interested in that Murdered: Soul Suspect game? Looks quite intriguing.

DerZuhälter;113473606 said:
Man those salty tears of Ronaldo haters are still substaining me even 2 days after the final. German sport websites filled with them. Don't no why especially Germans are brimming so much with hate.

My friends on Facebook that are Bayern fans are so bad. "BUT HE DIDN'T DO SHIT AND THEN CELEBRATED. HAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT"

Annoying as fuck. Dat jealousy

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yes but any actual links or direct requests would not be tolerated.

Never seen anyone called out to prove their ownership like in the WD threads, GAF most definitely treats different forms of piracy differently.

pulga

Banned
DerZuhälter;113473606 said:

why?

ronaldo.gif

probably

sohois

Never seen anyone called out to prove their ownership like in the WD threads, GAF most definitely treats different forms of piracy differently.

Not denying that, my reply was to illustrate that it is not a direct hypocrisy, they are both punished

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
wow this thread turned to shit again I see

The World Cup is, and will forever be, the only meaningful trophy in football. Everything else in between is just warm up to me.

Viva is right about the league being important

BUT LA DECIMA is not just another CL title, it's THE TENTH. Something special and worth more than a league title that's for sure.

keep posting Madrid GAF. Keep posting till someone else gets to 10 CL titles ;)
might be Juve beware

and some of the posts :lol pls get laid

sdasddswydja.gif

The World Cup is, and will forever be, the only meaningful trophy in football. Everything else in between is just warm up to me.

Yep. That's why I think Pele and OG Ronaldo will forever be more revered than Messi and CR7. Best players of all time? Maybe. Greatest of all time? No.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Coventry will get to 10 Champions league titles before Juve do.

that's actually true.

DerZuhälter;113474530 said:
Yep. That's why I think Pele and OG Ronaldo will forever be more revered than Messi and CR7. Best players of all time? Maybe. Greatest of all time? No.

Exactly! Even Messi said so a few weeks ago.

It's his chance this year though! I have a feeling they can pull it off.

pulga

Banned
wow this thread turned to shit again I see

Viva is right about the league being important

BUT LA DECIMA is not just another CL title, it's THE TENTH. Something special and worth more than a league title that's for sure.

keep posting Madrid GAF. Keep posting till someone else gets to 10 CL titles ;)
might be Juve beware

and some of the posts :lol pls get laid

sdasddswydja.gif

YES YURT

il10uf1qxthrm.gif

pulga

Banned
Exactly! Even Messi said so a few weeks ago.

It's his chance this year though! I have a feeling they can pull it off.

If Di Maria turns up like he did on Saturday and other big games of the season, Argentina certainly become favorites!

tumblr_mpsgzlZF0v1rws3pdo1_400.gif

Scum

Yep. But numbers though, kharma. Big numbers, innit!

Gaming side continues to be a joke. When was the last time I visited it? Damn. There are some very helpful threads there though.
Keep it that way. Just sswing by when you need a quick news tidbit, post lightly and be done with it.

Peope getting banned for a shitty looking game is the best part about this.
I'd be insta-regretting it.

That's the ad part of it all. Getting banned over a Ubi game. looool

So it seems Levy will decide on the new manager in the next 48 hours, De Boer has a real chance of getting it now. Apparently Levy prefers MoPo but the board are pushing him to appoint FDB.

I want MoPo too. Come on 3Sixty, let's have him. You can have him back in Nov.

Missed all the fun :(
looool

Legend.

Good on you :)
Morning, pulga.

Morning, FF.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If you think that's bad, just wait 'til you lose the Community Shield to Arsenal. Freewheelin' will be unbearable.

http://i.imgur.com/zknS7MG.png[IMG]

[spoiler]Free <3[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Nah, FW is such a classy dude. Graceful in winning and losing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
double post because he deserves it
Dear Yurt:

No fucking prablem :D (first try, didn't use any cheese methods just killed it like i killed every other dragon)

HOLY SHIT AHAHAH

I bow to you Sir Odd of house Morsel.

Bow.gif

Your character looks fucking cool
3AQmK.gif
#TeamFaith/HixxHex

phaze

I know I'm late but let me celebrate the departure of Bendnter and Park.

2f0ahub6.gif

Your immeasurable contribution to the Gunner cause will be remembered for eternity.

Cappa

Banned
You know that Dortmund lost against this years CL winner and was the only team that beat them ?

Plus they got more points in the league than last year, even without Götze or lots of injuries...

They're working pretty well.

And city is spending truckloads of money, yet they fail miserably in europe each year.

Of course it's a fact that money is a factor.
It's just no guarantee and with alot of hard work other clubs might be also able to achieve something.

Yes money of course absolutely a factor but having money doesn't guarantee titles... it means you might finish in top 4-5 every year but it doesn't mean shit for titles.

Cappa

Banned
What? spurs net spend is pretty much zero.

I'm not talking about their net spend.. I'm talking about all the money they made on Modric and Bale.. they used to it buy a ton of players... Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado etc etc and they did absolutely nothing this year. That was my point, that just because a team wastes money on buying a ton of players doens't mean they're going to do shit

GorillaJu

double post because he deserves it

HOLY SHIT AHAHAH

I bow to you Sir Odd of house Morsel.

Bow.gif

Your character looks fucking cool
3AQmK.gif
#TeamFaith/HixxHex

I love that black witch set. And yeah, Hexes are awesome. This char is SL155 after the kill, I've left Int/Fth at 30 like you advised, but I haven't used too many Hexes. I found the AOE ones really convenient for the
Rat bosses
, and Fog served me well in PVP, but mostly I am just enjoying Dark Weapon and smashing shit. <3 melee combat.

I may have just lucked upon the method to killing dragons in the Aerie, because the AD was pretty reliable to bait his breath, but I admit I knew to run away when he flies, so it wasn't like I was totally blind. And hitting him for 900-ish per swing probably cuts off a lot of possibility of making a mistake. I did get hit by his fire twice during the fight but that armor has mega high magic resists and I wore two resist rings as well, so I was able to take a hit and still survive.

Hixx

Sounds like we're signing Speroni as our backup keeper for next season. Not too disappointed with that. He's alright and won't be the drain on wages Westwood was....

Alfie N'Diaye is wanted by Sevilla. Not good enough for Sunderland but good enough for the team that just won't the Europa League?
e5YuU.gif
Gus pls.

dc89

Can we not discuss FFP more and Aguero and Toure's journey to Camp Nou?

No. I'm sick of talking about bull shit.

our time will come dc

no it won't.

It will. We just have to remain patient.

If you think that's bad, just wait 'til you lose the Community Shield to Arsenal. Freewheelin' will be unbearable.

http://i.imgur.com/zknS7MG.png[/IMG

[spoiler]Free <3[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

:loooool

But wait... that means... they have to beat City. o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom