• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I sure do hope he leaves, no matter if with or without the trophy. But still, I can't shake the feeling that, if Germany plays "eyepleasing" enough and knock out some favorites along the way people will except the unexceptable.

Jogi starts complaining again that the critics are going overboard and are being impertinent, too emotional. Don't you see? He's the victim in all of this! It's all the medias fault for raising to high expectations!

All of this has happened before and it will happen again.

L1NETT

Zarate to West Ham eh

Welcome back Mauro???

sport-graphics-2008_693628a.jpg

His brace against city was tidy

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
DerZuhälter;113479411 said:
lol

not gonna happen. Löw aiming for a solid 3rd place once again to reach enough to stay in his seat, but leave something to keep striving forward to. And fail again.

Seriously . Is there a better paid part-time job than this in Germany? I don't think so.

An all German CL final and a treble team filled with the spine of the national team.

No excuses.

LegoArmo

The fact its Goal is the only thing keeping me sane.

I'll be gutted if he goes to Spurs. If it was a bigger team I'd accept it but Spurs?

Hope he flops and gets sacked.

Both selling clubs, but Spurs are less so, and have more money. It isn't a huge step up, but an important one where he can maybe prove himself for the really big teams to take a look at him (in Spain or could maybe see him as Chelsea/City's next manager in a few years).

Or he flops.

3Sixty

Exactly. Doesn't he understand that 8 is bigger then 6?
I agree that it is way too much of a lateral move.

I don't deny spurs are a step up (at the moment) just seems like a massive risk, look what happened to AVB, hes now managing in the fucking football wilderness that is Russia.

--

In other news, my dog just had a seizure of some sort :( Never had one before, terrifying.

GorillaJu

I don't deny spurs are a step up (at the moment) just seems like a massive risk, look what happened to AVB, hes now managing in the fucking football wilderness that is Russia.

--

In other news, my dog just had a seizure of some sort :( Never had one before, terrifying.

What kind of dog? Epilepsy is really common in a few pure bred species.

If it is just a singular event it is best not to worry too much. Make sure the dog is monitored for the rest of the day. Dogs don't have that great a life expectancy anyway and just because it had a seizure doesn't mean it has epilepsy.

3Sixty

If it is just a singular event it is best not to worry too much. Make sure the dog is monitored for the rest of the day. Dogs don't have that great a life expectancy anyway and just because it had a seizure doesn't mean it has epilepsy.

Very frightening to see none the less.

--

Also.

Chelsea are making moves to hijack Luke Shaw's proposed transfer to Manchester United after asking to be kept informed about how the deal is progressing.

The England full back had turned down Manchester City and in private has long indicated his desire to join United, with a £27million deal outlined.

However, the lack of an official announcement over the 18-year-old Southampton star's future prompted a recent Chelsea enquiry.

£40m

Scum

Very frightening to see none the less.

--

Also.

Chelsea are making moves to hijack Luke Shaw's proposed transfer to Manchester United after asking to be kept informed about how the deal is progressing.

The England full back had turned down Manchester City and in private has long indicated his desire to join United, with a £27million deal outlined.

However, the lack of an official announcement over the 18-year-old Southampton star's future prompted a recent Chelsea enquiry.

£40m

So City rejected, eh? I wonder if they offered anything and how much.

Pachimari

This is just beautiful, if you remember the guy Cristiano hugged after the game (YouTube)?

"I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for a young club. When people from Sporting arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Accademy. We won that game 3-0, i scored the first solo, then Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went one on one with the goalkeeper, I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get into the empty goal. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Accademy. After the game, I approached him and asked: "Why?" and he answered: "You're better than me!".
Several years jounalist went to Albert's house, and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. "But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seem to be a rich person. You also maintain your family...Where is all this from?" Albert proudly replied: "It's from Cristiano!"

Cappa

Banned
I'm an America who has little time to follow football, so I've turned to my PS4 and FIFA to learn more about the beautiful game. I randomly chose Chelsea as my first team out of the box. I've now come to learn that most of the players I've gotten familiar with are either being sold or having their contracts run out. I mean, since November, the only team I've used has been Chelsea. I know of Mata's ball skills and Ramirez speed and motor, I know that et'o can score but he scant rarely stay upright. David Luis could stop any attack just by looking at the attacking player. He's that good. Hazard was my favorite because I could shoot from anywhere and he could put it through so long he has enough time to set the kick.

Anyway, all this time, effort, to learn a squad and then they all pretty much just leave.... Is this bad luck or this pretty typical of the ups and downs of following the ELP?

but you have plenty of time to play season after season of FIFA on ps4? :)

Clegg

It sounds like Chelsea are enquiring as to whether the deal has fallen through or not. If it hasn't then I reckon we're in the clear.

Would be a very United thing is we muck this up though.

raiot

"I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for a young club. When people from Sporting arrived, they told us that whoever scored more goals would be accepted to their Accademy. We won that game 3-0, i scored the first solo, then Albert scored a header, and the third was a goal that impressed everyone. Albert went one on one with the goalkeeper, I was running next to him, he went round the keeper, all he needed to do was just to get into the empty goal. But, he passed it to me and I scored. I was accepted to the Accademy. After the game, I approached him and asked: "Why?" and he answered: "You're better than me!".
Several years jounalist went to Albert's house, and asked whether the story was true. He confirmed. He also said that his career as a football player finished after that match and he is now unemployed. "But where did you get such a gorgeous house, a car? You seem to be a rich person. You also maintain your family...Where is all this from?" Albert proudly replied: "It's from Cristiano!"

Haha, this man is a Genius, he gave his ticket as a professional football player to Ronaldo and now he does not have to work and is getting a paycheck from Ronaldo...

LegoArmo

I just saw a skinny white girl walking down the street ouside with the biggest arse I have ever seen. My jaw literally dropped.

I'm not entirely sure it was real. Maybe a mirage.

Cappa

Banned
What kind of moronic scouting system is there at Sporting. "Let's not bring in the best players, just choose whoever scores the most."

um.... it can't be a moronic scouting system when they are arguably one of the best teams in terms of developing young players in the world.

Figo
Moutinho
Ronaldo
Mario Jardel
Nani
Simao
Miguel Veloso
Ricardo Quaresma
Paulo Futre
Yannick Djalo
Bruma

etc

LNBL

m1mxn8ua2ns5_wd640.jpg

Would have been a great side back in the day. These ex-players were part of the Fernando Ricksen team in his special match.

Baki

Is this CR7 in big games?

cM19726.gif

how can I become what I already am

LOOOL that actually happened to Zabo on his first run. He managed to open the
Shrine of Winter
without actually killing
the Old ones

Pls add Yurt to the Arsenal supporters list.

We now have two girls in arsegaf, lightning and yurt.

<3 lightning

Hixx

Welbeck still wants out of United? GUS, FORGET FABIO.

Bring back Danny.

Real have BBC

We can have WWE

Wickham - Welbeck - Emanuele Giaccherini!

itshappening5woq6.gif

um.... it can't be a moronic scouting system when they are arguably one of the best teams in terms of developing young players in the world.

I was being hyperbolic. I just can't imagine that that is the true & complete story of how Ronaldo was selected while the other bloke wasn't.

Yen

Figo
Moutinho
Ronaldo
Mario Jardel
Nani
Simao
Miguel Veloso
Ricardo Quaresma
Paulo Futre
Yannick Djalo
Bruma

etc

Raptor

Im really fucking late but whatever, goddamn tears of joy after we fucking won, La Decima is ours finally!

HALA MADRID!!

:`)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom