• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I had a dream last night that Gus Poyet was sacked for swearing.

I was FURIOUS.

Then I cried.

wtf.

I do love Gus but that was a weird dream.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OpkSUgc.gif

lNC2fk6.gif
I love that black witch set. And yeah, Hexes are awesome. This char is SL155 after the kill, I've left Int/Fth at 30 like you advised, but I haven't used too many Hexes. I found the AOE ones really convenient for the
Rat bosses
, and Fog served me well in PVP, but mostly I am just enjoying Dark Weapon and smashing shit. <3 melee combat.

I may have just lucked upon the method to killing dragons in the Aerie, because the AD was pretty reliable to bait his breath, but I admit I knew to run away when he flies, so it wasn't like I was totally blind. And hitting him for 900-ish per swing probably cuts off a lot of possibility of making a mistake. I did get hit by his fire twice during the fight but that armor has mega high magic resists and I wore two resist rings as well, so I was able to take a hit and still survive.

Yeah that's pretty much how I killed him the first time around! So who else is left now? Darklurker and
King V
?
It will. We just have to remain patient.

403-aint-nobody-got-time4cf0f823-3258-4105-9056-9e071748ce1c.gif

GorillaJu

Sounds like we're signing Speroni as our backup keeper for next season. Not too disappointed with that. He's alright and won't be the drain on wages Westwood was....

Alfie N'Diaye is wanted by Sevilla. Not good enough for Sunderland but good enough for the team that just won't the Europa League?
e5YuU.gif
Gus pls.

Speroni as back up is a great option. He was impressive for Palace last season.

GorillaJu

Yeah that's pretty much how I killed him the first time around! So who else is left now? Darklurker and
King V
?

Nah, I killed the Darklurker before AD. Getting there was more of a problem, died like 4 or 5 times to the shadows lol :( Killed Darklurker on my third attempt, just used regular lightning spears until I ran out, then he split and I just played really patiently and only focused on dodging until I got them close together in melee range so they did the white blade attack and I could counter-attack. The two attempts I lost were because I lost my patience and tried to swing too many times and got blasted by fireballs :lol

Only the big man remains. Actually got one more
Giant memory
I haven't done yet.

This is my second char, my first one is Dex/Fth and I stopped short of doing the optional content, felt like starting over because my Soul Mem was WAY too high considering my SL :lol died way too many times and lost souls.

Hixx

Speroni as back up is a great option. He was impressive for Palace last season.

He's 35 but I'm surprised Pulis is letting him go. Been very loyal to Palace and wasn't someone I really thought they needed to replace.

-

You can hate on the Daily Mail all you want but how can you NOT want to read this:

- Leanne Stanford agreed to become pregnant as a surrogate for her mother
- The 26-year-old from North Tyneside impregnated herself using her step-father's sperm
- But before she gave birth she changed her mind about giving up the baby
- Her relationship with her mother, Judith Roberts, 50 has now broken down

Coronation Street isn't a patch on Wallsend.

"At her mother's home Leanne waited downstairs while Judith and Mark went to the bedroom to perform a sexual act, before Judith emerged with the sperm-filled syringe and delivered it to her daughter."

ibiwJhJ3EBVtBJ.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What are the chances of getting Caulker to replace Dawson?

I honestly think that would be a downgrade. Dawson gets laughed at a lot but he's a good defender that has been exposed by the flimsy midfield and highline of our recent managers. I would be very wary of selling him after our bottle completely vanished after we lost Gallas, Parker, etc. Likewise Sigurdsson, nothing amazing but he scored 5 goals in the league despite missing almost 3 months with injury. Goals are very hard to replace.

If we move players on it should be the real donkeys like Naughton and Soldado, let's get them out before we start selling better players.

GorillaJu

dc if old...

The Southampton boss is expected to sign a £3 million-a-year contract to take over at White Hart Lane, with chairman Daniel Levy impressed by the Argentine's philosophy

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham are expected to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager this week, Goal can reveal.

The Southampton boss has been the favourite for the job since Tim Sherwood was sacked earlier in May and several talks have taken place with intermediaries. A broad agreement over a salary package worth £3 million per year is believed to have been reached a week ago.

As of Sunday night, no official approach is understood to have been made to Southampton but the south-coast club are resigned to losing the 42-year-old and braced for Spurs to finally make an official move.

The north Londoners have sounded out other options, including Ajax coach Frank de Boer and Rafael Benitez of Napoli, but club chairman Daniel Levy has been most impressed by Pochettino's philosophy.

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti was never considered a realistic candidate and the Spanish giants' Champions League triumph on Saturday night confirmed that the Italian will stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Louis van Gaal was initially Tottenham's top target but attention quickly turned to Pochettino once it became clear that the Dutchman was in line to take over at Manchester United.

Spurs' priority has been to find a coach who can get the most out of the existing squad with only a few summer changes after they spent £110 million on new signings last year.

Pochettino's attacking style of football fits in with Levy's ideals while at Southampton he has also shown his ability to introduce and improve academy products.

The Saints finished eighth in the Premier League this season and Pochettino delayed talks over a new contract - his existing deal has one year to run - in anticipation of an approach from White Hart Lane.

Tottenham are aware of the risks associated with a coach who has only taken charge of two mid-ranking clubs in Espanyol and Southampton but the Londoners feel that the Argentine can handle the extra expectation.

Levy is also conscious that, in recent years, he has missed the opportunity to appoint Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez, who have both been highly praised this season following impressive campaigns on Merseyside.

Spurs sacked Andre Villas-Boas in December and then Sherwood at the end of a disappointing season in which they finished sixth and missed out on their target of a top-four finish.

Tottenham are understood to be satisfied with Pochettino's level of English - he has spoken the language to his Southampton players since his first day - but will ask him to stop communicating via an interpreter in press conferences.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...6/4841119/tottenham-set-to-appoint-pochettino

It's Goal, so it's still 'rumor' but that sounds like a pretty confident article. I thought Pochettino was staying at Southampton? Was hoping for that, in fact. He did exceptionally well with Soton's squad, I fear what he can do with Tottingnam.

Scum

He's 35 but I'm surprised Pulis is letting him go. Been very loyal to Palace and wasn't someone I really thought they needed to replace.

-

You can hate on the Daily Mail all you want but how can you NOT want to read this:

- Leanne Stanford agreed to become pregnant as a surrogate for her mother
- The 26-year-old from North Tyneside impregnated herself using her step-father's sperm
- But before she gave birth she changed her mind about giving up the baby
- Her relationship with her mother, Judith Roberts, 50 has now broken down

Coronation Street isn't a patch on Wallsend.

"At her mother's home Leanne waited downstairs while Judith and Mark went to the bedroom to perform a sexual act, before Judith emerged with the sperm-filled syringe and delivered it to her daughter."

ibiwJhJ3EBVtBJ.gif

ieBViOIubAlm1.png

Scum

Man City vs PSG CL Final.

I honestly think that would be a downgrade. Dawson gets laughed at a lot but he's a good defender that has been exposed by the flimsy midfield and highline of our recent managers. I would be very wary of selling him after our bottle completely vanished after we lost Gallas, Parker, etc. Likewise Sigurdsson, nothing amazing but he scored 5 goals in the league despite missing almost 3 months with injury. Goals are very hard to replace.

If we move players on it should be the real donkeys like Naughton and Soldado, let's get them out before we start selling better players.

That's true, esp. with Naughton.

GorillaJu

Goal is pure bullshit, odd

Not always. This guy who wrote it is someone who I've found to be really accurate in the past. He's kind of been a thorn in my side as he seems to be on the ball with Tottenham news, in particular when they're stealing Liverpool targets.

I made a thread on RAWK about a Goal article he wrote claiming Liverpool were going to sign Daniel Sturridge (he was the only journo to make this claim), and everyone completely trashed the idea and said it was a bullshit source. A few weeks later it emerged that we were in fact very close to signing Sturridge, and the next window we signed him within the first week!

Facism

Legend.

Good on you :)

Back from the journey. The guy had 6 of the little fellas already. Took ours in no problems. Observed a few things that he did in regard to feeding and handling them, so if i'm ever in this sort of situation again I have a bit more knowledge in regards to care.

Glad they're in safe, competent hands. Glad i can get some fucking sleep now lol. Feeding a pair of chicks every 30 minutes from 5am till 10pm is no joke.

Feorax

dc if old...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...6/4841119/tottenham-set-to-appoint-pochettino

It's Goal, so it's still 'rumor' but that sounds like a pretty confident article. I thought Pochettino was staying at Southampton? Was hoping for that, in fact. He did exceptionally well with Soton's squad, I fear what he can do with Tottingnam.

Goal as a site is pretty crap, but Stobart has gotten a fair few things right over the last year or so.

Knew about everything happening with Suarez long before anyone else.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The former Celtic forward Paolo Di Canio would consider a return to Parkhead as Neil Lennon’s replacement, the Italian’s agent has claimed.

Please no.

Blablurn

DerZuhälter;113478517 said:
Anymore?

I never could stand his schwäbisch talk of "högschte Dischziplin".

Germany deserves the WC but for the teams future sake I hope they crash and burn and Löw gets fired. Bring Jupp.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Is this CR7 in big games?
Mostly losing.
cM19726.gif

Yurt, you should become an arsenal fan.
how can I become what I already am
This is my second char, my first one is Dex/Fth and I stopped short of doing the optional content, felt like starting over because my Soul Mem was WAY too high considering my SL :lol died way too many times and lost souls.

LOOOL that actually happened to Zabo on his first run. He managed to open the
Shrine of Winter
without actually killing
the Old ones

Germany deserves the WC but for the teams future sake I hope they crash and burn and Löw gets fired. Bring Jupp.

lol

not gonna happen. Löw aiming for a solid 3rd place once again to reach enough to stay in his seat, but leave something to keep striving forward to. And fail again.

Seriously . Is there a better paid part-time job than this in Germany? I don't think so.

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;113479411 said:
Seriously . Is there a better paid part-time job than this in Germany? I don't think so.

Even BILD will cut him if he doesnt reach the final or win the cup. Expectations here are incredibly high and if "Sommermärchen" fails to happen, he is done. We never had a better squad than this year and this might be the last chance for a while. The public opinions is rather contra Löw.

3Sixty

The fact its Goal is the only thing keeping me sane.

I'll be gutted if he goes to Spurs. If it was a bigger team I'd accept it but Spurs?

Hope he flops and gets sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom