• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

242.gif

Svia is right. They are a CL team, just not EPL. So maybe a sideways move.

Yen

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 24s
BREAKING NEWS: #LFC can today confirm manager Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with the club

Scum

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 24s
BREAKING NEWS: #LFC can today confirm manager Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with the club

ScumMyList - Managers #SpursDouble2014/2015

Klopp
Ancelotti
Van Gaal
Conte
Rodgers

Pochettino
Allegri
Moyes

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Everytime I hear Miliband talk i want to shoot myself, he might be the least charismatic, most dull and boring politician I have ever seen.

Also Wellbeck still wants out and thinks he is a good player, he seems utterly oblivious to how many chances he fucks up, how terrible he is infront of goal and how utterly expendable he is in the long term.

LegoArmo

If Welbeck leaves he becomes a star somewhere else and United regret it. He's a very important player to keep around, as far as I'm concerned.

He didn't say he still wants to leave, by the way.

pulga

Banned
This is just beautiful, if you remember the guy Cristiano hugged after the game (YouTube)?

And yet people still have the stones to call him an egocentric cunt and such.

Though you do have to wonder WTF at the Sporting scouting system. And as someone else said, the unemployed dude is a fucking genius lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sky now saying MoPo should be Spurs manager by the end of the week. According to Jim White anyway.

Derp1na

Banned
Everytime I hear Miliband talk i want to shoot myself, he might be the least charismatic, most dull and boring politician I have ever seen.

Also Wellbeck still wants out and thinks he is a good player, he seems utterly oblivious to how many chances he fucks up, how terrible he is infront of goal and how utterly expendable he is in the long term.

I cancelled my Labour membership when he won the election ahead of his brother.

I'm not sure if the recent Welbeck love-in (you've noticed it too, right?) isn't just a big joke that I don't get.

I cancelled my Labour membership when he won the election ahead of his brother.

I'm not sure if the recent Welbeck love-in (you've noticed it too, right?) isn't just a big joke that I don't get.

He improved from shit to good. We love him because unlike most of the team during Moyes' reign, he actually shows up in big matches and (finally) was composed to boot.

Can't be surprised if he wants to leave. RVP will of course be LVG's main striker, everyone else can wait their turn.

Sad though, because I'm expecting good things from him next season. :(

kharma45

This is an interesting day at work. Seems I'm being converted into some sort of consultant-accountant hybrid.

Someone help. I know nothing about accountancy.

It's the same as the Kagawa love-in.

The Kagawa love-in is based on the fact that we know he's good. We have lots of evidence of it, just not very often in a United shirt.

Welbeck just flirts with almost-ness a lot of the time (far more so than with Adnan imo) and hasn't really broken through for me. Very frustrating player.

Salvadora

dat local club
The Kagawa love-in is based on the fact that we know he's good. We have lots of evidence of it, just not very often in a United shirt.

Welbeck just flirts with almost-ness a lot of the time (far more so than with Adnan imo) and hasn't really broken through for me. Very frustrating player.
Same situation though.

Both unproductive players elevated way beyond their ability by the fans.

Derp1na

Banned
He improved from shit to good. We love him because unlike most of the team during Moyes' reign, he actually shows up in big matches and (finally) was composed to boot.

Can't be surprised if he wants to leave. RVP will of course be LVG's main striker, everyone else can wait their turn.

I can't deny that he's been one of the better players in the big matches, but he still doesn't score in them (other than Madrid away last year). He just puts himself about a lot, gets in positions to score and then does a Danny Welbeck by missing an easy chance. You look at the teams that United want to compete with in Europe and you don't see players of Welbeck's wastefulness (the stats nerds will tell me he has a 0.475 conversation rate or something, but the eyes, chico, never lie).

He's a lanky and pacy Dirk Kuyt, essentially.

United should sell him with a buy-back clause, because I don't think it's ridiculous that he might become a good striker one day, but United isn't the place to find that out.

dat local club

Same situation though.

Not denying it.

Still love the guy though. Will wish him luck wherever he wishes to get transferred to.

I can't deny that he's been one of the better players in the big matches, but he still doesn't score in them (other than Madrid away last year). He just puts himself about a lot, gets in positions to score and then does a Danny Welbeck by missing an easy chance. You look at the teams that United want to compete with in Europe and you don't see players of Welbeck's wastefulness (the stats nerds will tell me he has a 0.475 conversation rate or something, but the eyes, chico, never lie).

That was Welbeck from 2 seasons ago, who was as you said, the worst striker in the EPL statswise.

He really improved last season. I used to hate him more than Young. :p

dat local club

Same situation though.

Well like I said, both have seemingly under-performed relative to their perceived potential ability. Thing is we have plenty of evidence that Kagawa is far better than he's showing. With Welbeck I'm less sure of his ability to improve past what he currently is.

Feorax

United should sell him with a buy-back clause, because I don't think it's ridiculous that he might become a good striker one day, but United isn't the place to find that out.

Bit like us with Shelvey. If you think he's not quite good enough to merit at least 15 starts, he should go.

Hopefully our transfer business will pick up a bit now Rodgers has his contract sorted. Think Lallana is off the table though if MoPo goes to Spurs. I fully expect he'll want to follow, and Saints will get the £25m from Spurs they'd want for him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

He has to learn to shoot, he didnt show up in big games because when he had the big chances he fluffed them time and time again, he's not a young gun anymore, he cant get away with being enthusiastic with no end product.

Derp1na

Banned
Not denying it.

Still love the guy though. Will wish him luck wherever he wishes to get transferred to.

That was Welbeck from 2 seasons ago, who was as you said, the worst striker in the EPL statswise.

He really improved last season. I used to hate him more than Young. :p

It's the very same Welbeck. There were numerous instances last season of Welbeck choosing the wrong kind of shot because he wants to be seen as a flair player. Here's one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMSLaBkLJQ

If Welbeck is one on one with the keeper and you're not expecting him to score, there's a problem and it's with him (and to be fair, with you).

LegoArmo

There's more to football than goals, he's not a traditional striker. There's been plenty of players who have stuck around big clubs for decades with less than great goal scoring records and less natural ability.

Watching Welbeck since before he got in the first team, he can strike the ball pretty sweetly, all he needs is a run of games to gain confidence and composure. He's not going to get that regularly at United up top, but he's shown himself to be a big game player in a variety of positions. Not everyone has to be Aguero or Falcao.

It's a squad game, and he's a valuable asset, if he's not happy with that, and he leaves, it'll be a shame, but understandable.

Derp1na

Banned
There's more to football than goals, he's not a traditional striker. There's been plenty of players who have stuck around big clubs for decades with less than great goal scoring records and less natural ability.

Watching Welbeck since before he got in the first team, he can strike the ball pretty sweetly, all he needs is a run of games to gain confidence and composure. He's not going to get that regularly at United up top, but he's shown himself to be a big game player in a variety of positions. Not everyone has to be Aguero or Falcao.

No one really has an issue with him being United's 3rd or 4th striker. It's his ultimatum of getting first team football or he's off that people don't like. Who are these players who've stuck around big clubs for a long time with poor goalscoring records and less natural ability, out of interest?

L1NETT

Still dunno if Welbeck is better with a partner or without.

Obviously he ain't the most prolific of forwards but his European performances have been top notch the last couple of years. Kid has got something alright.

I think a move would benefit him, either of the North London clubs makes sense and he would probably be guaranteed quite a bit of game time.

shortyme

It's a squad game, and he's a valuable asset, if he's not happy with that, and he leaves, it'll be a shame, but understandable.

This was said of him two years ago. How much longer do we need to give him?

I'd be very intrigued to see how he develops under Gahl. Hopefully he stays another year to see if he can fully break through or not.

That said if we sold him for a decent fee then I wouldn't exactly be devastated.

Scum

Still dunno if Welbeck is better with a partner or without.

Obviously he ain't the most prolific of forwards but his European performances have been top notch the last couple of years. Kid has got something alright.

I think a move would benefit him, either of the North London clubs makes sense and he would probably be guaranteed quite a bit of game time.
He'll probably make a great second striker along side Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom