• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm just a lowly Leyton Orient fan. We don't have any adverts.

Tumblr_m4nmua7ogR1rx3tq4o1_250.gif

(yes, that's actually Arnie)

Welbeck is the ideal "option" player to have.

But option players tend to be good in that role because they know that's where their role is an embrace it.

In fairness to Danny he's one of the few players who still have a good effort last season - but if he is adamant he wants to leave unless he gets to play up front, we may aswell sell him.

I don't think it'll come to that though. He'll stay another year at least and I would imagine there is no real need or desire from the club for him to go. More pressing matters to deal with.

Blablurn

very, very hard to believe this my blabby

pls understand, no one outside bavaria supports bayern

oh except that daft cunt in argentina

we have the 2nd biggest community of registered members in the world. and we're about to catch benfica. but they only lead because of so many sports clubs inside the organization. we are huge. and lovable. and the dominant force in football. we're also successfull.

WE ARE THE FC BAYERN!

we have the 2nd biggest community of registered members in the world. and we're about to catch benfica. but they only lead because of so many sports clubs inside the organization. we are huge. and lovable. and the dominant force in football. we're also successfull.

WE ARE THE FC BAYERN!

Bro, your domination didn't even last a year. After the Bundesliga wankfest died down it became clear that it's a joke league in every aspect other than attendances and fan-interaction, and you got absolutely ramraided by Madrid, who aren't even the best team in Spain

Blablurn

Bro, your domination didn't even last a year. After the Bundesliga wankfest died down it became clear that it's a joke league in every aspect other than attendances and fan-interaction, and you got absolutely ramraided by Madrid, who aren't even the best team in Spain

we have been in the champions league seminal 4 times in 4 years. played in 3 of 4 cl finals. we might have not won them all but we left a bigger mark in the last 5 years in worldwide football than we did in the last 30 years. pls.

I have no idea how "brand value" is measured but I know that table is bollocks cos there is no way the Man City "brand" is worth more than Liverpool.

I suspect they've valued it by looking at how much commercial revenue each club generates.

Suen

we have been in the champions league seminal 4 times in 4 years. played in 3 of 4 cl finals. we might have not won them all but we left a bigger mark in the last 5 years in worldwide football than we did in the last 30 years. pls.
Parma has a better record under Ancelotti and would be in top 3 in Bundeslol today.

Serie A is the only true league left, every other league is consumed by money, greed and corruption. Even Hitcher is slowly realizing this.

hitcher is slowly becoming the new ultimate troll.

Seriously though, you're not 'the' dominant force any more imo. Nobody has been since the summer before Pep left Barca. They're the last team who went into every single game with the other team thinking they'd probably lose.

Technically you're probably right, in that you have the best record over the last 4 years,but there are clear, exploitable weaknesses in your team setup, weakness that even Moyes United nearly exploited enough to knock you out.

Dominant forces don't lose semi-finals 5-0 on aggregate

Suen

okay, i guess bayern is not accepted here. im gonna be a neutral fan from now on.
Don't worry, the hate wave is slowly changing it course towards Madrid.

Seriously Bla, I was happy you won CL last year and really liked the Bayern of the previous season. I dislike your team now mainly becaue of Pep and all the bad habits he brings to his players.

edit: I agree with Hitch. One of the strongest team in Europe? Yes. dominant force? No. Maybe if Jupp had stayed. Barca was def. the latest dominant force but since then it's been quiet. Whatever team Moyes takes over will be the new dominant force.

I have no idea how "brand value" is measured but I know that table is bollocks cos there is no way the Man City "brand" is worth more than Liverpool.

I suspect they've valued it by looking at how much commercial revenue each club generates.

I imagine Arsenal are above us on stadium size and bank balance, City on recent competition winnings. You'd think our brand value in terms of franchise popularity would be ahead of them, considering the fact that we are easily second in English teams in terms of worldwide fanbase, way ahead of Arsenal in third.

At least, that's the impression I've always had

I imagine Arsenal are above us on stadium size and bank balance, City on recent competition winnings. You'd think our brand value in terms of franchise popularity would be ahead of them, considering the fact that we are easily second in English teams in terms of worldwide fanbase, way ahead of Arsenal in third.

At least, that's the impression I've always had
Easily.

Again no idea why that table measures but Liverpool can fly across the world and fill a ground. City can't even fill a ground in their own town.

Nobody in their right mind would value the former over the first. Whatever metrics they're using, they're the wrong ones.

Barzul

Easily.

Again no idea why that table measures but Liverpool can fly across the world and fill a ground. City can't even fill a ground in their own town.

Nobody in their right mind would value the former over the first. Whatever metrics they're using, they're the wrong ones.

Can't see how City is above us, Liverpool and Chelsea. Unless expenditure on squad is a heavily weighted factor.

L1NETT

England U19s beat Montenegro 6-0 the other day, Ibe scored a hattrick and Gallagher netted one too

(Chambers also played 3Sixty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom