• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Couple of papers going with Indi + Clasie to United.

Hummels mentioned across the board too and Strootman being "monitored" also.
I have no idea what either Dutch player is like. WhoScored tells me that Indi can play in the centre of defence and at left back.

Don't think we'll get Hummels esp because BVB is already losing one if its most important players. Worth a try though.

So we are getting the Dutch Cleverley.

io3fm1wafRXJh.gif

The shit footballer despite having a name with an adjective that describes a good quality any footballer would love to have ride never ends.

Marc

Pacific Rim was alright. The work on the Jager and Kaiju was impressive. But there was far too much Charlie Day and Charlie Hunnam is a god awful actor.

Show me some new Jager and more Ron Perlman and I'll be happy.

Charlie Day as a scientist was funny for about 5 seconds, then it got really annoying. And yeah the main guy is sooo bad at acting, killed every scene. The asian girl and Idris saved it a bit for me, and I liked some of the effects but generally it was a poor movie. I wasn't expecting much either so didn't have some impossible standard to live up to.

On the otherhand I watched Robocop recently and was way better than I expected, some stuff that actually makes you think.

I've just started it and it's playing like Splinter Cell so far.

Been hearing that, sounds great. Can't pay full price for a downgraded game that doesn't even run at 1080p on PS4, I expect 1080p now for a PS4 game. I really hope bigger games don't start trying to drag that down.

Don't.

It's painful. He plays JWP in some sort of hybrid Quarterback role.

Still amazes me he could get any job in football for basically zero skills. I could think of a hundred ex-players I would rather have, shite like Le Saux would be better.

Mentioned before I haven't seen much of Ward-Prowse so can't comment too much, what would his best position be then? When I have seen him it has been in a DM sort of role.

Congrats on your win!

Here you go Salva:

Arsenal poised to swoop for Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall for £15m.

I have no idea what either Dutch player is like. WhoScored tells me that Indi can play in the centre of defence and at left back.

Don't think we'll get Hummels esp because BVB is already losing one if its most important players. Worth a try though.
I don't see Hummels leaving either, but I suppose he is on this new "list".

If we got Indi and Clasie I would be quite happy to muppet out on that, so long as they supplemented a couple of more proven players.

LTWheels

Just finished Pacific Rim.

Enjoyed it. It's very silly and tongue n cheek. The actors seem to be very aware of that, so all the overacting works. It's not as if they were trying to be serious. You can tell that they are in on the joke.

Clegg

Ogden:

LvG to decide future of Anderson while Cleverley, Hernandez and Nani are all subject to interest from domestic and foreign clubs. Zaha, Young and Fellaini could go for the right offer. Shaw will join after the world cup and Hummels and Strootman are being targeted.

kharma45

Ogden:

LvG to decide future of Anderson while Cleverley, Hernandez and Nani are all subject to interest from domestic and foreign clubs. Zaha, Young and Fellaini could go for the right offer. Shaw will join after the world cup and Hummels and Strootman are being targeted.

Surprised that Anderson's future needs decided. I had assumed he'd be out the door.

Scum

Ogden:

Oh. This summer is going to be fun.

Salvadora

Marshall is quality, but £15m is an incredibly steep price to pay for a second choice keeper.

Can't imagine he'd be keen to come and sit on the bench at Arsenal either.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marshall is a very good keeper but neither Spurs nor Arsenal need him at that price. I don't think any team in the world would pay more than £5m for a reserve keeper.

L1NETT

Is Marshall that good or are people getting carried away with one decent season

Scott Carson has had decent seasons. So has Rob Green.

Arsenal aren't signing them

3Sixty

Mentioned before I haven't seen much of Ward-Prowse so can't comment too much, what would his best position be then? When I have seen him it has been in a DM sort of role.

Congrats on your win!

He's struggled to find his position with us aswell really. He has played about every position in midfield, played outwide because he is a fantastic crosser. I see him more in the Schneiderlin mold but not quite as good Defensively. Could end up further up though.

Serious danger from set pieces too.

Feorax

Mail reporting Saints have upped their asking price for Lallana to £30m.

Think it's time to look elsewhere if that's true. As good as he is, we can't be spending that kind of money on him. We could get both Shaqiri and Konoplyanka for that.

Mail also reporting Suarez has said he wants to stay to win the title, and that Madrid won't pursue him any further if/when Benz signs a new deal. Good news there at least.

GorillaJu

@Odd_Morsel, does buying a ticket entitle you to watch every The International match within Dota's spectate mode?

I'd probably rather just watch a stream anyway, don't know enough about the game to piss about looking at stuff that might not matter and miss out on the action

Yes, if you buy the Compendium you can watch every match for free. But it's not just about spectating, there are in game rewards for it as well. Last year I got 4 items that now sell for $10 each as they eventually become rarer, so that more than pays for the price of admission.

I highly recommend getting a compendium.

LegoArmo

He's not worth £15m, very few keepers are, never mind as a back up, but it's not just one good season. He's been a real talent since he was 19 playing against Barcelona in the UEFA Cup. Didn't quite make it at Celtic, but seems like that was a mistake.

3Sixty

He's not worth £15m, very few keepers are, never mind as a back up, but it's not just one good season. He's been a real talent since he was 19 playing against Barcelona in the UEFA Cup. Didn't quite make it at Celtic, but seems like that was a mistake.

Well he was behind the holy goalie.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
One more episode of Hannibal until the season 2 finale. I've heard good things and this season has been fantastic so far.

Everywhere I go people are saying its great then I go back and try to continue from season one (Ep 5) and get bored very quickly. I wish I coudl see what you people see :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What are the other shows that are currently airing that you look forward to?

Derek is pretty good on UKtv, not sure its on anywhere outside
Orange is the New black was pretty awesome
House of Cards
Parks and Recreation
Sherlock

Havent really been gripped by a tv series that isnt the above for a while now

Everywhere I go people are saying its great then I go back and try to continue from season one (Ep 5) and get bored very quickly. I wish I coudl see what you people see :(

I'd say stick out Hannibal to at least episode 11. I don't want to say much more. It gets a little X-Filesy (monster of the week kinda stuff) during the middle of season 1. But once the overall story starts rolling it doesn't really stop.

GQman2121

Banned
Lukaku's third goal today:

AgonizingAdvancedInexpectatumpleco.gif

Derek is pretty good on UKtv, not sure its on anywhere outside
Orange is the New black was pretty awesome
House of Cards
Parks and Recreation
Sherlock

Havent really been gripped by a tv series that isnt the above for a while now

Those are all serialized shows, so maybe you just don't like the pace of Hannibal.

Carbonox

Season 1 is very slow going and it's towards the end where shit ramps up in a great way. The plot is in full steam ahead in season 2 though with one of the best finales I've ever seen in a TV show. Season 3's going to be a whole different beast but you must keep with it if only for curiosity sake based on everyone else's rave reviews for season 2. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom