• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

Chadli is a strange player, if he was a bit more aggressive in his attacking he could be amazing. In terms of technique he's quite excellent but he seems content to be neat and tidy. Dembele has the same problem.

chadli was like that at twente as well; he's a really boring player.

and dembele is not a central midfielder. stop trying to turn him into one.

WJD

I've just started it and it's playing like Splinter Cell so far.

Well this has got me intrigued, might treat myself to a copy after my last exam. Not sure whether to go for slightly better performance (PS4) or slightly better controller (XBO) though.

3Sixty

Oh yeah forgot.

Had another nice winner on the horsies today.

BokreBZIEAAaSq3.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Britain’s most dangerous inmate covered himself in butter to attack 12 prison officers – because Arsenal won the FA Cup.

Spurs fan Charles Bronson admitted he “lost it” when Tottenham’s arch rivals defeated Hull at Wembley.

The incident at Full Sutton jail in York came just months after he is said to have attacked the governor of Woodhill prison for criticising his artwork.

lol

GQman2121

Banned
If Lukaku pulls an Ozil for Belgium at the WC, I can see him being given a legit opportunity with Mou next year.

Costa is coming, we know this. But we also know he's not exactly made of steel. Lukaku might not enjoy playing number 2 behind Diego, but that's not to say he wouldn't have his own chances to shine or even win his place. He'll certainly have more opportunities to win something meaningful with us next yea and the CL money doesn't hurt.

L1NETT

Who ya taking 3Sixty

Laudrup?
Moyes?
Oscar Garcia?
Hearing Eddie Howe, but that might be BS
Or some random bloke pulled from La liga
Pepe Mel

Pacific Rim was dog shit. The characters suck and I didn't care for the fights. I would rather watch the formation of shit inside a Yak's anus.

Eh. Tis fun for what it is. Characters are more wooden than er....something really wooden.

Down for the yak egestion viewing though

Pacific Rim was dog shit. The characters suck and I didn't care for the fights. I would rather watch the formation of shit inside a Yak's anus.

Clegg

Pacific Rim was alright. The work on the Jager and Kaiju was impressive. But there was far too much Charlie Day and Charlie Hunnam is a god awful actor.

Show me some new Jager and more Ron Perlman and I'll be happy.

I struggle to believe people actually really liked Pacific Rim as a film, and that it wasn't just them being unable to contain their geeky wet-dream of seeing giant mechs against giant aliens.

Film was so bad.

So it looks like we are replacing Seedorf with Inzaghi.

So for only a few million euros, we will get an equally inexperienced manager. B&G really know what they are doing.

Okay, I'm leaving this thread now. So much wrong.

No it's not. The characters are so shit. Why would I give a fuck what happens to them if their story didn't pull me in? That ties into the fights as well. "Oh no, a character I give no fucks about might die. Oh no."

Okay, I'm leaving this thread now. So much wrong.

I just don't know what people see in that film. I can only imagine people ignore the terrible story, characters and dialogue because they enjoy the fight scenes so much.

But they're not that good. They're the best part of the film but they're only just ok.

And I don't buy the whole 'it doesn't take itself seriously' bollocks. I mean, obviously that's true, but it isn't the excuse for such terrible dialogue etc that so many think it is.

WSJ saying Nike are getting a bit peeved at United's protracted kit negotiations. Adidas and Warrior also in the running. Will be for around £600 million.

Doesn't matter. They'll end up paying. Nike only have City in the PL after losing Arsenal. I'm pretty sure Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and United sell more kits than City. No way they settle for that. Not to mention that Adidas also have Real Madrid, Bayern, Milan, and recently acquired Juventus. Nike only have Barca as a big club that will sell a lot of shirts and Inter.

Essentially, Adidas have the clubs that sell the most shirts in Spain, Italy, and Germany. Nike can't afford to lose United to Adidas.

LTWheels

Pacific Rim was alright. The work on the Jager and Kaiju was impressive. But there was far too much Charlie Day and Charlie Hunnam is a god awful actor.

Show me some new Jager and more Ron Perlman and I'll be happy.

Im in the middle of watching it right now.

It's silly but enjoying it.

King_Moc

Banned
the early games or the new streamlined-ish ones?

I've only played the last two.

The starting tutorial was all stealth mechanics and you get better rewards for getting through missions without killing anyone. Not killed anyone so far.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Pacific Rim's story, and characters were complete shit, along with most of it's actors, but those special effects and fight scenes, along with the general artstyle of the film makes it good enough to sit back and relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom