• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Pacific Rim has been on HBO Go for weeks now and I haven't even considered it. It just doesn't look like something I would want to sit through. I'm not big on Sci-fi, outer space or the future.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Pacific Rim has been on HBO Go for weeks now and I haven't even considered it. It just doesn't look like something I would want to sit through. I'm not big on Sci-fi, outer space or the future.
It's not reallt about any of those things, it's about Gundam fighting Godzilla.

Salvadora

Real talk: sometimes Hannibal is too overindulgent for its own good.

The first half of season 2 was perfection. Was unhappy with the finale and stuff leading up to it.

3Sixty

Pacific Rim was trash

My heart rate went up more during filler episodes of The Bill

TheBill460.jpg

Don't blame you mate.

Salvadora

I didn't love the Hannibal season finale sadly.
It's too much.
The Mason arc was so awesome tho.
Aye.

(spoilers)
Too many characters seemingly dying and then coming back to life. It worked for Miriam, not at all for Abigail.

Like, seriously. She came back to push someone out a window and then get her throat cut. What is the point of that?

What was the craic with Bedelia Du Maurier jetting off with Hannibal? Sure, he's manipulative and she's said so herself but:
1. He was going to kill her.
2. She went into hiding.
3. She whispered into Will's ear.

And finally, why the fuck is Hannibal prepared to reveal himself after all he's done to conceal it? That whole storyline just didn't make sense to me and is a major, major part of the show.

Pacific Rim is pretty bad and for a film that was supposed to have robots fighting monsters, it sure had a small bit of that. There's maybe 20min max of actual fighting in a 2+ hour long film.

Are there any Greeks here? I'm moving there soon and I still don't have a Greek team to support. I'm guessing Olympiakos because of the three Spaniards in there + Michel, but he is a bit of a cunt, so...

I was pretty disappointed coming out of the theater after seeing it. There's a lot of stupid character drama and the robot and monster fights aren't abundant or all that great. I wouldn't check it out unless you're dying to see a robot vs monster movie with a bad script.

hiroshawn

Banned
OH the benefits of learning Portuguese, Now I can read Brazillian transfer rumors too.

Super esportes is linking us with Ballotelli.

Suen

Seems nobody is aware of Varane's delicate situation.

Varane considering to leave if he does not nail a starting role. I don't know if playing the CL final and winning the cl will change his mind but prior to it Varane has been telling the club recently to either Start him or Sell him. He is not happy being benched.

We're currently been trying to renew varane since december because he has a release clause that we need to get rid of and Varane is refusing to sign until he knows he is an undisputed starter. some sources say it's 200m but in truth it's actually 35m. hence the delicate situation.

After winning cl, I think Varane will try to regain his spot next season but if he fails by winter... Real madrid will not be able to keep him.

Hopefully next season, Carlo will give Varane his spot back.
That's ridiculous. He's been having injury plagued season. Does he want us to use him when he's injured? No. Does he think he can just walk back in after an injury and claim a spot in the XI? No one can (bar Ronaldo), especially not with the performances he put which both Ramos and Pepe did significantly better. The guy will eventually replace Pepe who's only getting older if he can show his quality but he simply hasn't been up to the performance of the previous season, most likely due to his injuries. He needs to be patient, next season should see him get more time.

Look at Marceo, we usually started most of our games with him instead of Coentrao. Did that mean he could jump in when he returned from an injury? No, and in some games it was a very good choice to not use him.

Suen

Pacific Rim was dog shit. The characters suck and I didn't care for the fights. I would rather watch the formation of shit inside a Yak's anus.
Did watch bits of it with my family. The CGI was very pretty, some scenes were cool so props to that but that acting looked horrible and I couldn't help but laugh whenever I saw them controlling those robot things. Looked so fucking bad, at least I won't bother watching the whole movie anymore. Think I saw enough.

Blablurn is.

He's German no?

He is not listed as a fan of any Greek Team in the OT :/

There's an Olympiakos fan, but he doesn't post often.

On the other hand Olympiakos would be te easy route, I found the district where I'll probably live has a team in the second tier league, their kit is blue and white, they have a Spanish player named Pulga and their stadium:

When the stadium was being built in the 1960s, Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns were very popular in Greece, and the stadium's nickname is a reference to Eastwood's 1965 film For a Few Dollars More (which had the Greek title Duel in El Paso), as the stadium's backdrop reminded people of images in the movie.

Suen

He is not listed as a fan of any Greek Team in the OT :/

On the other hand Olympiakos would be te easy route, I found the district where I'll probably live has a team in the second tier league, their kit is blue and white, they have a Spanish player named Pulga and their stadium:
:looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool plug you are simply not meant to leave hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom