• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Pogba should have been taken on tour.

"[The tour] is very important. That’s where you have a chance to show your qualities and you get your training [base] for the rest of the season," the forward told ManUtd.com earlier this month.

"It’s good for the young lads to improve over there and show the manager what you can do.

"When I went on tour I knew some of the lads already from the Reserves, but I started to learn more about everyone and how the club works."

Adnan also spoke of how the tour enables players that are new to the first-team fold to truly appreciate the size of the club worldwide, whilst also readying themselves for the campaign ahead.

"When I saw all the fans I was impressed," Januzaj added.

"I saw that United are one of the biggest clubs in the world. I learned a lot over there with the lads and the coaches, how it works and how to get ready for the season."

Lalala by Shakira sucks.

As does that pitbull and jlo song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpJLLRwjhNQ

Meier

Hannibal is the best show on TV. Hands down. It's incredible how essentially every second of the show is basically art. The things they do, production wise, are often breathtaking.

The relationship between Hannibal and Will Graham is so well fleshed out (har har) that it's hard to believe it's only 2 seasons in. They're just electric together.

It better get a ton of love at the Emmys.

Meier

Meier, dat hyperbole.

Mad Men.
Nah. I love Mad Men, but it's a little long in the tooth. I just finished the first half of the final season today and have been very pleased with it, but it's nowhere near Hannibal in terms of feeling like I desperately need to watch it as soon as possible after it airs. At this point, it's just a part of the rotation so to speak.

kyo2004

Something hilarious happened today in Colombia...

http://m.elheraldo.co/rincon-junior...estejar-falsa-noticia-de-estrella-para-junior

Recap:

1. Last week, Atletico Nacional won the local tournament (14th time) against Atletico Junior.
2. Today, someone on Twitter published a fake news reporting that the title was awarded to Atletico Junior...
3. People in Barranquilla (Atletico Junior's home) believe the fake tweet as real news, and begin to celebrate the title, despite several people associated to the team negates the events...

Salazar

lol mata to barca??? mad rumours

Mundo Deportivo is straight fan-fic.

"Eden Hazard talks in his sleep about coming to Barca" (source: MD).

dat Barcastuff artwork said:
EbgdPVQ.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Good morning guys and girl

man it still smells like death in here

Hannibal is the best show on TV. Hands down. It's incredible how essentially every second of the show is basically art. The things they do, production wise, are often breathtaking.

The relationship between Hannibal and Will Graham is so well fleshed out (har har) that it's hard to believe it's only 2 seasons in. They're just electric together.

It better get a ton of love at the Emmys.

I wasn't a big fan of season 1 (understatement) but it really won me over with the finale. Season 2 though, OH EM GE. It's brilliant from start to finish, genuinely God-tier TV. And even if you don't like where the plot is going, it's still beautiful to look at, you know? Kinda like Llorente when he's having a bad game.

@jtb
I like Homeland too. I can't wait for the next season!

Everybody leaves this thread. Yurt, Pulga, Wilbur, Fry, Regulus, Lambda, Wooden, Arnie, etc...
Seriously, you just listed my favourite members. There's no point anymore. The summer break will definitely KILL the thread.

is yurt gone, too? what's the point, then? this thread will become epl only

He's not <3

<3.

ibpw6lZdbYZy8x.png

Once Seedorf is gone Galliani will announce him as our new coach. I'm not really surprised we didn't go for Emery, it's cheaper to have Pippo than a Europa League winner and Galliani has been pushing for him for quite some time now.

Seedorf did a great job on the pitch but failed to do the same thing outside: his relationship with the players was broken most of the time, same goes with the board and the only person in it willing to defend him (Berlusconi). He had a few good ideas and I was genuinely looking forward to his first complete year, I think he could've done something good, like 4-5th place good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.minus.com/ibpw6lZdbYZy8x.png[IMG]

Once Seedorf is gone Galliani will announce him as our new coach. I'm not really surprised we didn't go for Emery, it's cheaper to have Pippo than a Europa League winner and Galliani has been pushing for him for quite some time now.

Seedorf did a great job on the pitch but failed to do the same thing outside: his relationship with the players was broken most of the time, same goes with the board and the only person in it willing to defend him (Berlusconi). He had a few good ideas and I was genuinely looking forward to his first complete year, I think he could've done something good, like 4-5th place good.[/QUOTE]

I like Seedorf, and he did a really decent job considering everything.

but you're still Milan, and you do need a better coach to start next season.

But that coach surely isn't Pippo? What's the difference between him and Seedorf? It might be minimal or even slightly worse, who knows.

and why not Luciano Spalletti? Is it the mustache? The cost of maintaining his mustache?

I like Seedorf, and he did a really decent job considering everything.

but you're still Milan, and you do need a better coach to start next season.

But that coach surely isn't Pippo? What's the difference between him and Seedorf? It might be minimal or even slightly worse, who knows.

A year and a half more on a bench. Allievi Nazionali/Primavera bench, of course.

As usual, we went for the cheapest alternative, I would've signed Spalletti: it would've been a bit expensive, but with a similar coach we would've been sure to reach at least the 4th place and would've made that money back in a year or two.

Herr K

Banned
Pippo has been doing a good job with the Primavera team, so I hope he'll do good with the big team. It's sure sad to see Seedorf get the boot, specially after the decent job he did on the pitch.

The mediocrity of the club will continue until Galliani/Berlusconi leave. They're not willing to spend on the club, which is unacceptable and shameful. The club deserves better than the management it has.

Marc

Aye.

(spoilers)
Too many characters seemingly dying and then coming back to life. It worked for Miriam, not at all for Abigail.

Like, seriously. She came back to push someone out a window and then get her throat cut. What is the point of that?

What was the craic with Bedelia Du Maurier jetting off with Hannibal? Sure, he's manipulative and she's said so herself but:
1. He was going to kill her.
2. She went into hiding.
3. She whispered into Will's ear.

And finally, why the fuck is Hannibal prepared to reveal himself after all he's done to conceal it? That whole storyline just didn't make sense to me and is a major, major part of the show.

I agree with a lot of what you have said, but I still enjoyed the finale immensely as I felt like the show had me on a hook and could take me anywhere no matter how daft. Usually my suspension of disbelief would be broken but wasn't the case as it was all written so well, acting off the charts and it just looks amazing.

The Abigail stuff was completely stupid and the set up of surprise was dumb. Why doesn't what's her name tell Will about her when Abigail just threw her out of a window? She can communicate just fine despite the fall yet focuses on Hannibal being inside, well no shit.

I was expecting Will to not be so... useless. He is supposed to be a match for Hannibal and yet is played like a fiddle. I thought he would have a knife and would stick Hannibal as well to even things up. Just goes down like a bitch really, doing some very silly things.

Will Graham's validity as an FBI advisor is completely ruined, so is he going to play private detective now instead? It is all a bit silly in terms of ramifications of this but I was on edge throughout.

Meier, dat hyperbole.

Mad Men.

Mad Men is shite, every character is a cunt, if I want to watch a bunch of cunts with no plot then I would watch X-Factor.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I agree with a lot of what you have said, but I still enjoyed the finale immensely as I felt like the show had me on a hook and could take me anywhere no matter how daft. Usually my suspension of disbelief would be broken but wasn't the case as it was all written so well, acting off the charts and it just looks amazing.

The Abigail stuff was completely stupid and the set up of surprise was dumb. Why doesn't what's her name tell Will about her when Abigail just threw her out of a window? She can communicate just fine despite the fall yet focuses on Hannibal being inside, well no shit.

I was expecting Will to not be so... useless. He is supposed to be a match for Hannibal and yet is played like a fiddle. I thought he would have a knife and would stick Hannibal as well to even things up. Just goes down like a bitch really, doing some very silly things.

Will Graham's validity as an FBI advisor is completely ruined, so is he going to play private detective now instead? It is all a bit silly in terms of ramifications of this but I was on edge throughout.

I agree on the
Abigal twist
. Needless really, but
it showed that Hannibal was just toying with Will and his feelings the whole time for his own amusement :lol losing her Zombified Will and turned him into the dark side

Mad Men is shite, every character is a cunt, if I want to watch a bunch of cunts with no plot then I would watch X-Factor.
OH BABY!

Marc is officially the best poster on GAF. :lol
and I'm officially dead after Zabo reads this

edit:
Hannibal GAF: Must watch

sohois

The reveal in Hannibal was pretty expected by me and didn't feel out of place at all, but I suppose that was because I read the Hannibal OT all the time. Everyone in that thread
was speculating that Abigail was going to come back, since they never showed here body.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The reveal in Hannibal was pretty expected by me and didn't feel out of place at all, but I suppose that was because I read the Hannibal OT all the time. Everyone in that thread
was speculating that Abigail was going to come back, since they never showed here body.

this is why you should never read any OT :p you're harnessing the power of dozens or hundreds of fans going into the show. I prefer to remain stupid and blind.

Clegg

Yaya Toure: "PSG have become a European power. It would be an honour to be part of such a club one day."

Don't know of this is a new quote or not. French journo says it's from Football France.

Zabojnik

Nah. I love Mad Men, but it's a little long in the tooth. I just finished the first half of the final season today and have been very pleased with it, but it's nowhere near Hannibal in terms of feeling like I desperately need to watch it as soon as possible after it airs. At this point, it's just a part of the rotation so to speak.

Disagree about Mad Men completely, of course, this season's been fantastic. And while I really, really like Hannibal ... yeah, what you call 'art' could easily be defined as 'artistic fellatio'. At times it's the very definition of overindulgance. I get it, it's how the show is set up to be, but it still comes across as too much sometimes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I find this difficult to believe.

In the Age of Ancients FootyGAF was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Kiwis. But then there was Fire and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark. Then from the dark, They came, and found the Souls of FootyGAF within the flame. Wilbur, the First of the Dead, The Witch of Copenhagen and her Daughters of Chaos, Arnie, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights. And the Furtive Pygmy, Richie, so easily forgotten.

With the strength of Lords, they challenged the Mods. Arnie's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The Witches weaved great firestorms. Wilbur unleashed a miasma of death, farts and disease. And FootballFan the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the Dragons La Liga GAF were no more.

Thus began the Age of Fire. But soon the flames will fade and only Dark will remain. Even now there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless (Kipless) nights. And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed "Banned" sign.

Yes, indeed. The "Banned" tag brands the Undead. And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world... This is your fate.

Only, in the ancient legends it is stated, that one day an undead shall be chosen to leave the undead asylum, in pilgrimage, to the land of ancient lords.....Twitter.

pappe

I don't think he'll turn Sturridge-deadly, but I'd say he's a tastier purchase than Hernandez.

The man has Zero technique with the ball at his feet. He falls on his ass everytime he gets in the area, does stupid stuff when 1 on 1 all he has going for him is his pace and strength.

Atleast Hernandez has the positional awareness and is a deadly finisher and has a decent pass on him as well.

GorillaJu

In the Age of Ancients FootyGAF was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Kiwis. But then there was Fire and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark. Then from the dark, They came, and found the Souls of FootyGAF within the flame. Wilbur, the First of the Dead, The Witch of Copenhagen and her Daughters of Chaos, Arnie, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights. And the Furtive Pygmy, Richie, so easily forgotten.

With the strength of Lords, they challenged the Mods. Arnie's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales. The Witches weaved great firestorms. Wilbur unleashed a miasma of death, farts and disease. And FootballFan the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the Dragons La Liga GAF were no more.

Thus began the Age of Fire. But soon the flames will fade and only Dark will remain. Even now there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless (Kipless) nights. And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed "Banned" sign.

Yes, indeed. The "Banned" tag brands the Undead. And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world... This is your fate.

Only, in the ancient legends it is stated, that one day an undead shall be chosen to leave the undead asylum, in pilgrimage, to the land of ancient lords.....Twitter.

Hahahaha. Beautiful. It's so poignant it almost feels familiar.

This pretty much confirms what I've long suspected. The smooth & silky stones in DS2 are actually Wilbur's balls.

I guess Petrified Something must be FF's ancient dong.

I don't think he'll turn Sturridge-deadly, but I'd say he's a tastier purchase than Hernandez.

This isn't a Moyes-esque "keep him because he's fucking terrible" plea, but I genuinely think letting Welbeck go would be a terrible mistake on United's part.

dc89

It does mostly look and play like that with a couple of small exceptions.

May I ask what's different?

I haven't played it but looking at a few video reviews the graphics have received quite the downgrade. They give an example at the start of the GT Review, they show the 2012 & 2014 footage and it's, in my eyes, worse.

In that video, when theres the traffic accident, do the AI go up to the cars and ask if people are alright and stuff? Because I've heard silly things about the AI so it would surprise me if they've got that working yet messed it up in other ways.

P.S - I saw your post on Splinter Cell - is it worth a tenner?

Mastadon

Banned

Amazing :lol

I haven't played it but looking at a few video reviews the graphics have received quite the downgrade. They give an example at the start of the GT Review, they show the 2012 & 2014 footage and it's, in my eyes, worse.

In that video, when theres the traffic accident, do the AI go up to the cars and ask if people are alright and stuff? Because I've heard silly things about the AI so it would surprise me if they've got that working yet messed it up in other ways.

P.S - I saw your post on Splinter Cell - is it worth a tenner?

Objectively apart from lighting contrast and the odd alpha effect and that they've scaled back the depth of field effect (not a downgrade) I can't see anything that's different. There aren't any significant missing graphical effect now compared to then.

The problem is that they showed it at its best (lighting, time of day, in the rain). What they didn't show was that their lighting engine is fucking shit at doing daytime scenes. They basically hid all of its weaknesses.

And yes SC: Blacklist is great, highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom