• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And according to SER, our main targets are Suarez and Pogba,.

ivV20Nvz7VeTY.gif

Somebody stop Muppet Madrid. Enough is enough.

Saw a few minutes of what turned out to be Arrow on one of the TVs at the gym. It could only be described as CW quality in every regard. Some sort of high society ball with masked guys who came in and shot all the cops. Everything about the scene was so poorly and embarrassingly done. Y'all trippin'.

It's great.

Zabojnik

Saw a few minutes of what turned out to be Arrow on one of the TVs at the gym. It could only be described as CW quality in every regard. Some sort of high society ball with masked guys who came in and shot all the cops. Everything about the scene was so poorly and embarrassingly done. Y'all trippin'.

I mean, yeah, it's all that, but it's got hot women, some likable characters and an overall passable plot with quite a few lows, but also some unexpected highs. It's stupid-ish fun. I'd certainly put it closer to something like Supernatural's good seasons than a random shitty CW show.

It's not a great show by any stretch of the imagination.

velociraptor

According to ABC, Karim Benzema is extending his contract till 2018.

No surprises, Benzema is Perez' absolute favorite.

And according to SER, our main targets are Suarez and Pogba, Siquera if Coentrao leaves.

I don't think we'll get any of them but we'll see.

Benzema is staying at Madrid? That's a damn shame.

Elchele

Yep.

Meier

I mean, yeah, it's all that, but it's got hot women, some likable characters and an overall passable plot with quite a few lows, but also some unexpected highs. It's stupid-ish fun. I'd certainly put it closer to something like Supernatural's good seasons than a random shitty CW show.

It's not a great show by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm sure it's enjoyable if you're invested and are into comics or whatever, but it just can't be in the conversation for "best show" like some suggest when it comes across as low tier quality like that.

I have a few shows that I watch that are enjoyable or that I'm a bunch of seasons into but I don't try and put them on a pedestal that they can't really aspire to.

I'm sure it's enjoyable if you're invested and are into comics or whatever, but it just can't be in the conversation for "best show" like some suggest when it comes across as low tier quality like that.

Exactly what I said on it, I have literally zero interest in something that looks so cheap.

Zabojnik

I have a few shows that I watch that are enjoyable or that I'm a bunch of seasons into but I don't try and put them on a pedestal that they can't really aspire to.

Agreed.

Meier

In addition to saying David Villa to NYCFC, COPE are saying Rakitic will sign with Atletico apparently. Would be a great signing for them -- he is so good.

arkon

I'd like to see you do better!

GQman2121

Banned
The Shield>The Wire>Mad Men>The Sopranos>Friday Night Lights/The Good Wife

Other good shows I've appreciated over the years: Nip/Tuck, Sons of Anarchy, Law & Order: SVU and Homicide Live on the Street.

The last three seasons of Breaking Bad are as good as TV can get. However, the first two and a half seasons are not. I hated junkie Jesse, Tuco, Skylar and her sister, Hank's incompetence and those Mexican twins. It was difficult to get to the point where hank has his accident. That's when the show changed for the better for me.

Walt, Saul, Mike and Gus turned out to be the only parts of the show that I found myself caring about because they seemed grounded in reality. They were surround and supported by cartoons which is why I don't hold the show in such high regard.

I started Deadwood recently, but I don't think it's amazing. Six episodes in so far and the only thing I can take away is that there are a lot of actors that I recognize from other shows and that cocksucker was the word of choice to describe anything positive or negative in life during that point in American history.

Watch Dogs has no shooting while driving, it also has many missions where you have to stop someone in a car who is driving away from you, this means that seemingly very easy missions are elongated and boring because you cant fucking hit their car. I do not understand, I genuinely dont.

You're supposed to hack stuff to stop them. Bollards, exploding drains, traffic lights, bridges, spikes, etc

Pachimari

I never rated Benzema but he is the perfect striker for this Madrid team. What is important with Bale and Cristiano on the flanks is his link-up play and passing which is sublime.

Marc

Don't Laugh - Hated 24, thought the whole thing was a cup full of stupid but been very interested in the latest series since it was filmed in London. Kind of want to see the city in high quality TV footage. Very few British TV shows that can compete on that side of things (Utopia and Sherlock the only ones springing to mind).

Breaking Bad>The Wire=Deadwood>X-Files>Mad Men

The Wire > Breaking Bad = Boardwalk Empire = Spartacus> Babylon 5 > Rome > Game of Thrones > Carnivale > Sherlock

Toilet>

Eastenders>

Sewer System>

Mad Men

Doing the same for comedy shows would be a helluva challenge, way more competition. Drama and overarching stories has only really started in high quality TV since Babylon 5.

Herr K

Banned
Cuauhtemoc Blanco, a 41 year old almost retired striker, is still a starter in this shitty Mexico squad.

/dead

What's going on, guys? pls

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The Nigeria own goal has to be the 3rd funniest thing to happen so far this year after the Gerrard slip and everything Moyes did.

On one hand, it's really sad that match fixing has come to this, but on the other, best hand, I love how they're not even trying to be sneaky anymore.

Mastadon

Banned
Just about to finish season three of breaking bad and I'm still not feeling it. Mad Men is fantastic though, can't believe I've put off watching it for so long.

jtb

Banned
just saw Edge of Tomorrow

really enjoyed Godzilla and Days of Future Past, but this is probably my best blockbuster of the summer so far. tons of fun.

nothing stops the Cruise Missile.

GorillaJu

I got a Brazuca Glider the other day because it was 20€ and came with 48 beers. No way I'd pay 300 for a ball that didn't come with booze and a blowjob.

Buy it for me and I'll repay you with a beer. I'll even find a homeless guy to take care of the other part.

--

I have moved onto a Dance with Dragons. Here's a summary.

Food. Stupid hairstyles. Penises and menstrual blood. Wait! Something's gonna happen! Oh shit, it's coming! Finally!

End chapter.

100 pages later

Aaaaaand we're back! Oh that shit that was gonna go down? It went down. Sorry you missed it all when you were busy reading about food, stupid hairstyles and menstrual blood in the other part of the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guillermo del Toro's The Strain looks like fun, can't wait!

Yeah, no way. And Zabo is right, it's like watching Supernatural, American Horror Stories or Orphan Black. It's that type of fun.

can you imagine using it in a 5 v 5 with your friends?

"OK so, only tiki-taka is allowed tonight. And if you wanna score just pass it in, capisce?
guys?"

Herr K

Banned
Buy it for me and I'll repay you with a beer. I'll even find a homeless guy to take care of the other part.

--

I have moved onto a Dance with Dragons. Here's a summary.

Food. Stupid hairstyles. Penises and menstrual blood. Wait! Something's gonna happen! Oh shit, it's coming! Finally!

End chapter.

100 pages later

Aaaaaand we're back! Oh that shit that was gonna go down? It went down. Sorry you missed it all when you were busy reading about food, stupid hairstyles and menstrual blood in the other part of the world.
PM me a delivery address
no

ADWD is definitely not the best in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom