• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Some murmurs that Moreno to LFC is getting pretty close. €20m is the fee apparently.

Also, Echo reporting that the deal for Emre Can is purely up to personal terms, although Can is asking for a lot it seems.

As regards Lallana, it seems to me he's going nowhere without a transfer request. Be interesting to see whether it's ambition or loyalty that wins out in the end.

Don't know about how legit the Alberto links are.

Liverpool FC's pursuit of Emre Can is being hampered by the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder's wage demands.

The Reds have informed the Bundesliga outfit they are prepared to activate the £10million release clause in Can's contract.

However, Liverpool's first transfer of the summer is being held up due to ongoing negotiations with the Germany Under-21s international's representatives over personal terms.

Talks are continuing but the 20-year-old appears to be in no rush to sort out his future with Leverkusen still battling to convince him to stay put.

Bayern Munich, who sold him to Leverkusen for £4.5million last August, have a buy-back option but the German champions ideally want him to remain at Leverkusen with a view to a return to Bavaria next summer.

Brendan Rodgers believes Can's versatility would make him a real asset with Liverpool looking to compete for glory both in the Premier League and the Champions League next term.

The Frankfurt-born central midfielder, who is of Turkish descent, can also operate at left-back and centre-back.

He came up through the youth ranks at Bayern but left the Allianz Arena a year ago in search of first-team football.

Can scored three goals in 29 appearances to help Leverkusen finish fourth in the Bundesliga

LTWheels

Some murmurs that Moreno to LFC is getting pretty close. €20m is the fee apparently.

Also, Echo reporting that the deal for Emre Can is purely up to personal terms, although Can is asking for a lot it seems.

As regards Lallana, it seems to me he's going nowhere without a transfer request. Be interesting to see whether it's ambition or loyalty that wins out in the end.

Moreno would be a good get. You could only really do better this transfer window with Rodríguez.

Feorax

Don't know about how legit the Alberto links are.

All rumour so far, but there seem to be a few sources being vouched for. It appears to be being taken more seriously than it was earlier today.

Although Marca are saying we've offered €20m plus Suso. I hope that's on loan if true.

Meier

My Arctic Monkeys gig history. Sadly, they didn't play in Florida until 2007. Fortunately, I moved away from Florida in 2007 so I wouldn't have to miss a lot of tours again (although that first show was in Orlando).

Sunday 20 May 2007
Arctic Monkeys, Be Your Own Pet

Wednesday 12 September 2007
Arctic Monkeys, Voxtrot

Friday 7 August 2009
Arctic Monkeys, Modey Lemon

Saturday 8 August 2009
Lollapalooza 2009
Arctic Monkeys

Saturday 26 September 2009
Arctic Monkeys, The Like

Sunday 6 December 2009
Arctic Monkeys, Screaming Females

Tuesday 2 August 2011
Arctic Monkeys, Young Buffalo

Friday 4 October 2013
Austin City Limits Music Festival 2013
Arctic Monkeys

Had tickets to see them open for the Black Keys in April 2012 but Aziz did a show the same day so I sold em since I'd never seen him (and had seen the Black Keys before as well).

Yen

All rumour so far, but there seem to be a few sources being vouched for. It appears to be being taken more seriously than it was earlier today.

Although Marca are saying we've offered €20m plus Suso. I hope that's on loan if true.

Poor Arnie

Meier

Couple decent young Turks in addition to Can. Biggest is of course Hakan Calhanoglu but both Salih Ucan and Alper Potuk are names to watch out for as well. Potuk is a few years older than the other two but he's quality.

Hixx

But I wouldn't say KoL were a one album wonder, so what's your point?

KoL have been forever shit anyway. First couple of albums are alright, after that though...fuck me.

Maybe to him they were a one album wonder. Not everyone uses the same metric.

I certainly wouldn't link popularity with quality, especially when it comes to music.

Though I wouldn't agree with him. FWN was alright.

GQman2121

Banned
Not sure how I feel about Filipe Luiz links. I think I would rather resign Cole if that's who we're going to go after.

Can I interest anyone in a young pacey wide player? Hmmm? Good value to be had here!

0,,10268~9031399,00.jpg

Victor-Moses.jpg

0,,10268~11176324,00.jpg

Meier

Is Schurrle the best player on Fifa UT?

He is pretty damn good. Willian is rated higher but whenever someone has Schurrle he always seems to do ridiculous things against me. I have Raheem as my backup but have always thought about swapping them. Value of everyone has bottomed out though so I've just stuck with him.

dc89

Tancredi tweeted that David Villa is set to become a NYCFC player.
Marcotti has RT'd it. Dunno if that adds any credibility.

Also

Gazzetta dello Sport: City have reached an agreement with Roma defender Mehdi Benatia. Must now negotiate with Roma.

Mat

Neo Member
Well, he's going to the World Cup so I'm sure quite a few clubs will be keeping tabs on him.

Just the age thing might scare away the bigger clubs.
He wants to leave and Bielsa wants him out. So he'll be leaving this summer. I just hope that he signs with a big club with CL ambitions like Juve.

TeddyBoy

He might be ok.

€20m and Suso does seem too high, but for about £16m Moreno would a solid signing and fix a big issue we've had for since Riise left (after Enriques first season his games became a real mixed bag).

RAWK were saying Suso only has one year left on his current deal though, we could lose him on a free next year anyway :/

€20m and Suso does seem too high, but for about £16m Moreno would a solid signing and fix a big issue we've had for since Riise left (after Enriques first season his games became a real mixed bag).

RAWK were saying Suso only has one year left on his current deal though, we could lose him on a free next year anyway :/

Yeah,his extension was bizarrely low considering the fact that we intended him to spend a year of it on loan anyway. If that becomes 2 years on loan in a row for him to leave next summer anyway, the extension becomes pointless

Feorax

Yeah,his extension was bizarrely low considering the fact that we intended him to spend a year of it on loan anyway. If that becomes 2 years on loan in a row for him to leave next summer anyway, the extension becomes pointless

I think he said in an interview last season that he'd like to sort out a new contract and then go out on loan again if necessary. Seems to be in line with that.

I think he said in an interview last season that he'd like to sort out a new contract and then go out on loan again if necessary. Seems to be in line with that.

I'd be fine with that, we're not really in a position to be giving him the gametime needed for him to become good enough to play often for us. Better current options in every position.

Sevilla would be a step up from Almeria, but

a) I'd still rather loan him to an English team if one will have him
b) He didn't even manage to make himself a mainstay in Almeria's first 11 I think, and they're fucking terrible

If we send him to Sevilla for him to sit on the bench for a year, fuck that. Could do with some strong bring-back clauses just in case.

If it's neessary in order for us to bring in our ideal LB, go for it anyway.

Christ, I hope Moreno is better than he was in the EL final though if he joins us :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom