• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

jxpP1VqbNCqiM.png
Lol

Hixx

What's up with the fucking accents in Orphan Black?

I can't place Sarah's. But there's no consistency here. Where the fuck is it even set?

Suen

It's one of the best series ever. Get that in your head.
You say this about everything you watch. In fact I believe you watch so many series that you mix them all up and forget which ones are good, so you just end up saying that all of them are the greatest things to grace Windmill Land.

Linius

My Arctic Monkeys gig history. Sadly, they didn't play in Florida until 2007. Fortunately, I moved away from Florida in 2007 so I wouldn't have to miss a lot of tours again (although that first show was in Orlando).

Sunday 20 May 2007
Arctic Monkeys, Be Your Own Pet

Wednesday 12 September 2007
Arctic Monkeys, Voxtrot

Friday 7 August 2009
Arctic Monkeys, Modey Lemon

Saturday 8 August 2009
Lollapalooza 2009
Arctic Monkeys

Saturday 26 September 2009
Arctic Monkeys, The Like

Sunday 6 December 2009
Arctic Monkeys, Screaming Females

Tuesday 2 August 2011
Arctic Monkeys, Young Buffalo

Friday 4 October 2013
Austin City Limits Music Festival 2013
Arctic Monkeys

Had tickets to see them open for the Black Keys in April 2012 but Aziz did a show the same day so I sold em since I'd never seen him (and had seen the Black Keys before as well).

Eight times? Awesome man :D

For me it's:

Wednesday 11 november 2009
Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Arctic Monkeys, Eagles of Death Metal

Thursday 23 june 2011
Paradiso Amsterdam
Arctic Monkeys, The Deaf

Friday 19 augustus 2011
Lowlands Festival Biddinghuizen
Arctic Monkeys

Friday 21 june 2013
Best Kept Secret Festival Hilvarenbeek
Arctic Monkeys

Friday 8 november 2013
Zenith Paris
Arctic Monkeys, The Strypes

Friday 22 august 2014
Rock en Seine festival Paris
Arctic Monkeys

Turns out I see them on fridays a lot. Too bad I didn't really went to gigs before 2009. But I did make up for that in the years after :p

You say this about everything you watch. In fact I believe you watch so many series that you mix them all up and forget which ones are good, so you just end up saying that all of them are the greatest things to grace Windmill Land.

pls

Ultimatum

Banned
mad men has been the best show since sopranos

I haven't seen the wire so dunno how it compares

and I'm not counting true detective because it's like 2 episodes long

ps i hope you appreciate a good suit

pps arctic monkeys are overrated

Linius

mad men has been the best show since sopranos

I haven't seen the wire so dunno how it compares

and I'm not counting true detective because it's like 2 episodes long

ps i hope you appreciate a good suit

pps arctic monkeys are overrated

Your face is overrated.

bSM.gif

Zabojnik

I will start it tonight, I'm expecting big things from this show now.

It's exactly what you shouldn't be expecting from this GOAT show, "big things". It's all about the superb & subtle writing, exquisite character development and that authentic 60s feel. Allow it to suck you in progressively and it'll become one of the most rewarding TV-watching experiences of your life. Either that, or have shit taste in TV shows and probably everything else too. There's no in-between.

Linius

By the way, anyone with the urge for some excellent music should check out the new Parquet Courts record Sunbathing Animal.

Elchele

Daniel Agger on Højbjerg's debut for the Danish national team:

He was alittle bit heavy at the end but it was very impressive. With the pressure and expectations there has been put on him then i think it was impressive how he went in and grabed the game.

He was game-controlling and he showed age dosen't matter much. If you are good enough then you should also be here. He showed more than just to be part of it, he took part in everything both defensively and offensively.

He needs to take one game at the time but if he keeps his head cool and keeps working hard then he can come very far in this game. He plays in one of the best football clubs there is so there is pretty much not something to say about that. Everyday he plays with some of the best players in the World so he knows what it takes to get on top.

Morten Olsen, Danish National coach:

In my 14 years of coaching this team i've rarely have seen such a promising debut. It's more than we expected. He showed he were good on the ball and showed his tactical skills. He played in a area with William Kvist surounding Zlatan and they both took the psyical duals. - He even won some of them, it's very very promising.

Asked if Højbjerg is future man on this Danish team Olsen answared:

There is no doubt about that. We're not letting him go now.

DAT PIERRE-EMILE. The true GOAT

Niven

It's exactly what you shouldn't be expecting from this GOAT show, "big things". It's all about the superb & subtle writing, exquisite character development and that authentic 60s feel. Allow it to suck you in progressively and it'll become one of the most rewarding TV-watching experiences of your life. Either that, or have shit taste in TV shows and probably everything else too. There's no in-between.

Well if the writing quality is any where near as good as the clothes I'm in! What season is it on ?

K1LLER7

Last day/Exam of Uni tomorrow.

Then on to the world of work.

Think I'll relax and take a break for a month or 2 first. Looking forward to the World Cup :D

Messi

Tancredi tweeted that David Villa is set to become a NYCFC player.
Marcotti has RT'd it. Dunno if that adds any credibility.

Also

Gazzetta dello Sport: City have reached an agreement with Roma defender Mehdi Benatia. Must now negotiate with Roma.

For fuck sake, that is one of Barcas defensive targets.

Suen

The Wire would be top if S3 and 5 weren't so comparitively bad. Breaking Bad was boss all the way through imo
Breaking Bad was way overrated imo. Honestly I'd rather watch a BPL season where the only game every weekend is Fulham - Stoke / Stoke - Fulham instead of rewatching BB.

BB is up there with other crap like The Wire, Mad Men and Arrow.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watch Dogs has no shooting while driving, it also has many missions where you have to stop someone in a car who is driving away from you, this means that seemingly very easy missions are elongated and boring because you cant fucking hit their car. I do not understand, I genuinely dont.

Elchele

Watch Dogs has no shooting while driving, it also has many missions where you have to stop someone in a car who is driving away from you, this means that seemingly very easy missions are elongated and boring because you cant fucking hit their car. I do not understand, I genuinely dont.

/ubisoft'ed

Zabojnik

Breaking Bad was way overrated imo. Honestly I'd rather watch a BPL season where the only game every weekend is Fulham - Stoke / Stoke - Fulham instead of rewatching BB.

ibqSWfxBpnqCFi.gif

Why are you even alive?

Niven

Wow

Pachimari

According to ABC, Karim Benzema is extending his contract till 2018.

No surprises, Benzema is Perez' absolute favorite.

And according to SER, our main targets are Suarez and Pogba, Siquera if Coentrao leaves.

I don't think we'll get any of them but we'll see.

Scum

And according to SER, our main targets are Suarez and Pogba, Siquera if Coentrao leaves.

Didn't think he was going anywhere, but this summer should be fun.

Zabojnik

Say Suarez decides not to move this summer. Would Real throw 'everything' at Pogba? I'm talking crazy numbers here. Say 80M€. Somehow it doesn't seem very likely. Plenty of other big(ger) fish in the sea, surely.

Jarnet87

I'm not judging Woodward until the summer is over. Even if Moyes was still in charge I don't think any deals would have been signed. It's a World Cup year and it's always difficult to get deals done for players involved during big tournaments. We probably won't see a lot of deals until mid or late July after players have had a couple weeks holiday to rest. LVG is gonna have to use what he's got to win games and slowly integrate the new boys (if any) into the team as we go along.

Meier

What happened to City being dead certs to buy Fernando and that centreback from Porto?
Portuguese press have been saying Fernando is already a City player, deal just hasn't been announced yet. It's one of those matter of time things.

Seems like we'll get Benatia instead of Mangala. He is probably going to Chelsea according to most of the scuttlebutt.

Meier

Saw a few minutes of what turned out to be Arrow on one of the TVs at the gym. It could only be described as CW quality in every regard. Some sort of high society ball with masked guys who came in and shot all the cops. Everything about the scene was so poorly and embarrassingly done. Y'all trippin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom