• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Why does John Obi Mikel complain about Iran parking the bus when it's the very fucking philosophy of Chelsea? Shouldn't he be praising them?

A drinkable drink lool

Can't wait for Algeria to shock Belgium. "Dark horses", despite everyone in the world fucking saying they are.

Some idiot in the World Cup thread was calling France a dark horse.

The only real dark horses are Egypt, they are going to take Ghana's spot when they find out Ghana are on performance enhancing drugs.

They almost beat Chile. Believe.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Woodward appears to have taken the WC off

Guys, read this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838985

i4LJgNlN5K24J.gif

I wish I had been awake for this. Got to the part where he demands physical slave ships as proof of slaves, what a thread.

Some idiot in the World Cup thread was calling France a dark horse.

The only real dark horses are Egypt, they are going to take Ghana's spot when they find out Ghana are on performance enhancing drugs.

They almost beat Chile. Believe.

For me a dark horse has to be a talented team that has a core group of players that have grown up together, because those are usually what winning world cup teams are built around. Brazil had a core group of players that had been together for a period of time, france too, brazil again, Italy had been together for a decade, the barca boys had grown up together too.

For me that rules out Belgium. Only real dark horse I see is Chile. They have a good squad with a core group that have been together since the u20 WC.

Wilbur

Banned
Is Xavi still playing in barcas midfield next season? I thought he wants to leave to the desert.

I'm not sure what he's doing actually, but you'd assume if he did leave their possession based game might alter a bit. And if Messi wants to play as a ten (hence Higuain rumours), I guess Rakitic can play deeper than Fabregas.

I don't really understand why they replaced Fabregas with Rakitic. Pretty similar players.
I assume a large part of the reason is that they've made a €15m or so profit from it and are probably saving on wages also.

I don't think they were desperate to bin Fabregas cos he's not very good, they just want to rebuild the team and need money for it.

Wilbur

Banned
I assume a large part of the reason is that they've made a €15m or so profit from it and are probably saving on wages also.

I don't think they were desperate to bin Fabregas cos he's not very good, they just want to rebuild the team and need money for it.

Yeah, that's all true I suppose. How much was Fabregas in the end, 33m?

No idea why they're looking at midfielders and strikers before defenders :lol

Jack cw

I'm not sure what he's doing actually, but you'd assume if he did leave their possession based game might alter a bit. And if Messi wants to play as a ten (hence Higuain rumours), I guess Rakitic can play deeper than Fabregas.

If Xavi leaves, the CM position is open, because Busquets is DM and Iniesta is a mix of CAM and CM. Messi could take the Iniesta position and Iniesta the Xavi position. They have options. But after Thiago and Cesc gone, they have no other decent CM in the squad, so Rakitic makes sense. He knows La Liga and was available at a reasonable price.

Yeah, that's all true I suppose. How much was Fabregas in the end, 33m?

No idea why they're looking at midfielders and strikers before defenders :lol
€30m.

I'm sure they're looking at all positions at the same time. Just managed to get this one sorted first. Bit like us with Shaw, except it's not sorted.

Clegg

That Times article from the other day said other English clubs were interested in Shaw. But with Luis going to Chelsea I'd say United are pretty much certain to sign him.

If it weren't for Woodward that is. Fucker takes months to sort out anything.

I'm still relatively relaxed about things on the transfer front. Guess it's a combination of naivete and LvG giddiness.

If Moyes was still in charge I'd be losing it. But then again we would have signed Kroos, Fabregas and Carvahlo by now.

I just need something firmer to muppet over at CB. Shaw and Schweinsteiger for LB and CM are suitable distractions.

Linius

Dutch paper Telegraaf reported that Dortmund and Liverpool contacted Ajax (not directly) for info on Blind. If Blind plays two more good games he's gone I'm afraid.

I'm against the world cup, shitty tournament. Why do we even care? #saveblind

bud

Player Development Ranking - World Cup 2014

The CIES Football Observatory is pleased to publish its Player Develop- ment Ranking for the 2014 World Cup. Feyenoord Rotterdam is the club that contributed the most to develop players selected for the event. The Dutch team outranks FC Barcelona and Dinamo Zagreb.

The ranking takes into account the number of World Cup participants trained per club, as well as the number of league matches played by footballers per team up to the age of 23. This age limit has been set according to FIFA regulations on training indemnities. Training clubs have been defined according to the UEFA definition of at least three years at the club between the ages of 15 and 21.

At the top of the table is Feyenoord Rotterdam. The Dutch team trained 9 players participating in the World Cup. Two other clubs trained as many footballers as Feyenoord: Barcelona and Deportivo Saprissa. However, World Cup participants played 882 matches at Feyenoord until the age of 23, compared to 783 at Barcelona (not including B-team matches) and 445 at Deportivo Saprissa.

At national association level, France tops the table ahead of England and Germany. This is mainly due to the high number of footballers trained in France playing for oth- er national A-teams, notably Africans. This finding also reflects the high employment rate of U23 players in French clubs. In total, 821 clubs in 59 national associations have contributed to the development of World Cup players.

abrLL80.png

full lists at the link: http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/wcs2014_development_en.pdf

I'm still relatively relaxed about things on the transfer front. Guess it's a combination of naivete and LvG giddiness.

If Moyes was still in charge I'd be losing it. But then again we would have signed Kroos, Fabregas and Carvahlo by now.

I just need something firmer to muppet over at CB. Shaw and Schweinsteiger for LB and CM are suitable distractions.

Seeing how LvG has made this Dutch side not shit has cooled me a little on my previous 'we should sell our entire squad and buy at least 50 players' mantra. He might get some of them playing well again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dear Mr Yurt,

Your order for 1 Nani has been processed and will be shipped on the next working day.

No returns or refunds, bitch.
:((

He was genuinely better than Ronaldo last night :lol

The lowest point was seeing him push Coentrao off the ball in Germany's box loool

cremino

Dutch paper Telegraaf reported that Dortmund and Liverpool contacted Ajax (not directly) for info on Blind. If Blind plays two more good games he's gone I'm afraid.

If Holland keeps playing well, many clubs from the Premier League, Bundesliga, Liga and Serie A will be interested in your best players and they will buy them

K1LLER7

Mats Hummels on possible move to Man Utd: "Maybe it will be some day, but I don’t expect it to be like that this summer." #MUFC #bvb

Tc91

Please Wenger, sign the English Iniesta.

Telegraph Football @TeleFootball · 2h
Van Gaal's No1 target Mats Hummels admits prospect of playing for Man Utd one day does appeal

Ogden. 1 day #believe.

Linius

If Holland keeps playing well, many clubs from the Premier League, Bundesliga, Liga and Serie A will be interested in your best players and they will buy them

I only care about Blind. They can buy all the PSV and Feyenoord players they want. And I know nobody will come for Veltman and Cillessen yet.

#saveblind

At least Blind is a true 'Ajacied'. He won't leave the club unless a dream club comes by. His father was a true clubman as well, never left us untill he retired from football.

LNBL

Piss off, leave depay alone

Please Wenger, sign the English Iniesta.

Ogden. 1 day #believe.

Hmm.

It could be stronger. It sounds like a throwaway comment, maybe he will leave one day. It needed to be properly muppet like for me to get on board, something like "I dream of Manchester, I used to have the reversible gold and white shirt".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom